The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird episode. Good episode. Glad to see them on the road and good to see an episode evenly balanced emotion and action. Ricks speech was incredibly lame, but I've come to expect that from this show. Atleast we know why Maggie barely gave a shit about Beth cause she figured she was dead already, cop out answer, but again I've come to expect that.

Better than last weeks episode I reckon.

It's a cop out because they waited so long to tell us that that was the specific reason. Maggie should have atleast mentioned that towards the end of season 4 to make us understand why. We shouldn't have had to wait over a full season for that.

It's a cop out because they waited so long to tell us that that was the specific reason. Maggie should have atleast mentioned that towards the end of season 4 to make us understand why. We shouldn't have had to wait over a full season for that.

Well we found out that Beth was kidnapped at the end of season 4 and the group was split up until the end of season 4 -- scenes that involved Maggie had her paired up with Bob and Sasha, two characters that did not have a connection with Beth (or much of Maggie) so discussing Beth to them would serve no purpose, unlike someone closer like Glenn or Darryl.

Also, at the end of S4, Maggie needed to find Glenn who she was sure was still alive after discovering the Woodbury bus. In Too Far Gone, she noticed Beth wasn't on the bus and with the prisons aftermath, the only logical conclusion was Beth was dead at the prison.

Isn't this some of the most screen time she received since the finding Glenn episode?

I think what devastated Maggie the most was Daryl and Michonne confirming that Beth was alive and had been spotted, only for her hopes in finding her to be crushed for good once they carried her dead body out of the hospital. I guess in her head, the unknown was easier to cope with than what had happened. Doesn't explain why she thought Glenn would be the one at Terminus, though.

I agree. It was a slow episode, but a very well done one. I loved the biblical subtext (the locusts, frogs, opening of the heavens and the random stranger with promises.)

However this weeks show cant be another slow one. We need to pick up the pace.

I'm not going to answer that directly because that is spoilers. If you look at it logically, this isn't the final season so therefor they cant be in a safe haven forever can they? Take that how you will. It not going to be quite as simple as it being good or bad.

As for Morgan. He isn't forgotten about. It was clear he was a while behind Rick & co. He has the map and note Abraham made for Rick for Washington DC. He'll show up in Alexandria in the final episode of season 5 or if they really want to show time passing maybe even the premiere of season 6 after some time has passed. He might even be brought into Alexandria the same way our group was by being recruited.

- R.I.P Rick's beard and badass hair

- of course Carl likes the one teenage girl in Alexandria

- the gun in the blender is gone wow

- I like Alexandria but of course shit is gonna go down soon

Archived