The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

RIP Beth. I've always liked her but it was obvious that now that she became a more useful and more interesting character, she gets killed off. Dawn still had the gun in her hand and reflexively pulled the trigger when Beth stabbed her. It sucks because it could've been avoided and the group could've gone back to get Noah afterwards but I guess Beth couldn't wait any longer. In the end, Dawn was a bitch so she deserved to die.

Regarding Maggie, I guess she completely gave up her sister and lost hope which is why she never talked about her ... or maybe I'm giving them too much credit. Still, her and Daryl's reactions were really saddening. And seeing Emily Kinney cry on Talking Dead was heartbreaking. :(

For those who didn't see the after credits scene (like me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxwyzW3SLuU

I can't wait to see Morgan eventually joining Rick's group. :D Speaking of, Rick is easily my favorite character, I'd seriously stop watching if he gets killed off.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People may have not liked Beth, but at least there weren't so many obvious character flaws in her like there were in Andrea. Beth went out a hero. while Andrea went out like an idiot. Not sure where Maggie goes as she didn't seem to care about finding her sister to begin with.

*censored*ing hated Dawn. She's dead and I still can't figure out who she was as a person. They dropped the ball on the entire hospital.

People may have not liked Beth, but at least there weren't so many obvious character flaws in her like there were in Andrea. Beth went out a hero. while Andrea went out like an idiot. Not sure where Maggie goes as she didn't seem to care about finding her sister to begin with.

*censored*ing hated Dawn. She's dead and I still can't figure out who she was as a person. They dropped the ball on the entire hospital.

Beth kinda went out like an idiot too tbh. She tried to stab an armed ex police officer in her bulletproof vest, what else would you expect to happen.

Beth kinda went out like an idiot too tbh. She tried to stab an armed ex police officer in her bulletproof vest, what else would you expect to happen.

I'd like to think she knew nothing good would come out of stabbing someone with a scissor. She might have thought maybe Dawn's true self would come out if her reaction was to shoot, giving Rick's group the permission to fire back. She basically in turn saved Noah.

Whereas Andrea wasted her time sympathizing with a pending walker who was already hopeless instead of escaping for her own good.

I'd like to think she knew nothing good would come out of stabbing someone with a scissor. She might have thought maybe Dawn's true self would come out if her reaction was to shoot, giving Rick's group the permission to fire back. She basically in turn saved Noah.

Whereas Andrea wasted her time sympathizing with a pending walker who was already hopeless instead of escaping for her own good.

By "giving Rick's group the permission to fire back" she not only essentially committed suicide but also put literally everyone in the rooms lives in danger, Hospital crew and Rick's group. For what? To MAYBE save Noah? Not only that but she just destroyed Darryl and Maggie by willingly dying the second that they had hope of being reunited. Now I didn't necessarily dislike Beth but that was a dumbass move if theres been one.

I feel like Carol should have been the one who didn't make it out of the hospital. Don't get me wrong, her character is a lot better than Beth, but...it feels like it would have been more beneficial to the story if Carol didn't make it out after putting herself in danger to rescue Beth. And the outcome would be almost the same either way (with the exception of Maggie being quite as distraught)...but everyone still would have been hit hard, and Daryl still would have lost his shit.

By "giving Rick's group the permission to fire back" she not only essentially committed suicide but also put literally everyone in the rooms lives in danger, Hospital crew and Rick's group. For what? To MAYBE save Noah? Not only that but she just destroyed Darryl and Maggie by willingly dying the second that they had hope of being reunited. Now I didn't necessarily dislike Beth but that was a dumbass move if theres been one.

Beth is known for not being good at goodbyes. Having to say bye to Noah who gave her the strength to get through Grady sent her over the top. She pretty much gave up on the apocalypse since the Beth/Daryl episode a season ago when she admitted she didn't have much time left. Hell, she's been suicidal ever since she was introduced.

I feel like Carol should have been the one who didn't make it out of the hospital. Don't get me wrong, her character is a lot better than Beth, but...it feels like it would have been more beneficial to the story if Carol didn't make it out after putting herself in danger to rescue Beth. And the outcome would be almost the same either way (with the exception of Maggie being quite as distraught)...but everyone still would have been hit hard, and Daryl still would have lost his shit.

True. It looked like Carol was going to make amends after all of the controversy she's caused. I started to think Daryl was going to die also just for the sake of a swerve, but the safer route was obviously to kill off Beth. Bravo either way, not everyone can survive.

Sooooo how is that any different from Andrea giving up? It's ok for Beth to be ok with dying because she's always been suicidal, but it's not ok for Andrea to lose it too? And Andrea had lost literally everyone in the group she was close with except Michone, she just found out the Governor was psycho, at least Beth still had Darryl and her own sister left. Also, Andrea didn't put the entire groups lives at risk. Seems like you have a double standard here. I liked Beth as a character more than Andrea, but Beth's death was way more "dumb" than Andrea's in every way.

Andrea lost it?She never had it. She didn't want to die but she wasn't doing everything she could to escape the chair because she was too busy watching Milton. Clever way to go, but to a stupid character. Neither Beth or Andrea were built for the apocalypse, but Beth had good intentions while Andrea was flawed for 3 seasons.

I just have this hatred for her lmao. Bitch was always trying to act tough and take leadership but she was all talk. Couldn't kill the Governor when she had the ideal opportunity. Almost killed Daryl when even if it was a walker, it wasn't necessary. Beth just felt guilty for leaving Noah behind.

Sooooo how is that any different from Andrea giving up? It's ok for Beth to be ok with dying because she's always been suicidal, but it's not ok for Andrea to lose it too? And Andrea had lost literally everyone in the group she was close with except Michone, she just found out the Governor was psycho, at least Beth still had Darryl and her own sister left. Also, Andrea didn't put the entire groups lives at risk. Seems like you have a double standard here. I liked Beth as a character more than Andrea, but Beth's death was way more "dumb" than Andrea's in every way.

She did put their lives at risk, if she would have killed The Governor he wouldn't have destroyed the prison and caused many deaths

Starting to think Morgan will be the spin-off. The dude's never going to catch up with Rick.

Nah. They've confirmed who the characters the spin-off is gonna be based on within the past week. It's completely new characters. A couple adults and couple of teenagers so far. One is called Andrea apparently.

I guess they COULD bring her back...as she was shot in the head, but people DO live from that every once in a while. They could reveal that she's a vegetable and is laid up in the hospital for the rest of her days. Which would almost be worse than death, tbh.

Actually, never mind...they buried her, didn't they? Yeah...they can't bring her back. Lmao.

Archived