The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

Anybody else think that the guy who almost killed Judith and Tyrese looked alot like Nick from S2 of the TWD game? It's be cool if we got more cameos of the characters from the game if that was the case.

For the love of everything keep the characters from the Telltales Game far, far away from the show. i don't want to see those characters get utterly butchered with horrible writing.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game doesn't follow the shows TWD Universe anyway. There was talks of having an adult Clementine in the show at somepoint, but that was nixed because of the uproar about it. We dont have to worry about them appearing.

Cabin Douche Baby Killer guy had a name anyway (which I can't remember atm) so he wasn't from the game.

Don't really think this requires spoilers unless your ages behind at which point why are you in here.

Glenn, to me, was the biggest waste of a character in the show. When we first met him, he was such a cool character and was actually interesting. He actually had his own personality. But now, he's nothing. He has suffered so hard from flanderization it's sad (Flanderization is when a character starts with many personality traits and progressively looses them until one trait of that character is all they are anymore). He started out interesting, and now all he is is his love for Maggie. That's it. I can't remember the last time he did anything that wasn't entirely based on Maggie. My opinion on Glenn probably isn't helped by the fact that I don't really like Maggie, but still, all he is is just him miraculously surviving and getting back to Maggie over and over now.

What are you talking about? In his first season, he was barely developed. He got captured and used as Walker bait with no significant lines and in the very next season, he met Maggie and more of his personality began to shine. His wants is just like Rick; to keep the person they love safe. It's interesting to see how much he would go through FOR Maggie. Without Maggie, he wouldn't have made it to season 4, maybe 3.

Also, these people that want characters to die for the hell of it need to take a seat. I think they just want to see the numbers trimmed or shock value, but why kill new or old characters if there's still more to be done with them?

what I got from the episode is that Rick is becoming a lot more brutal (letting the guy turn, he's much colder, they don't get to live, etc) and possibly losing much of his morality. When Glenn told him that "It's over." (Terminus) and to let the guy out of the train car "That has to be who we still are!", I see Glenn struggling to be Rick's moral compass, like Herschel. Only Glenn is much younger than Rick, so Rick may not show as much respect to Glenn as he did Herschel. I can legit see these two fighting. Especially since they're not safe with being out in the open with Rick's kids with them, doing the "right" thing may be impossible.

Can Glenn protect Maggie while still trying to so the right thing or will that earn him a baseball bat?

These characters are ripe with story

^ i agree i had no problem with Glen.He's one of my favorite characters.

But i have a weird feeling

That Maggie is going to die in this season.Because in the end of season 4 .She burn the picture of kinda foreshadowing her death.Making Glen Commit suicide because he couldn't live without her that's just a guess though

^ i agree i had no problem with Glen.He's one of my favorite characters.

But i have a weird feeling

That Maggie is going to die in this season.Because in the end of season 4 .She burn the picture of kinda foreshadowing her death.Making Glen Commit suicide because he couldn't live without her that's just a guess though

If Maggie dies, this show will lose all of its male viewers age 18-30. :lol:

Thing is, that is the reason why he has more fans lol. People crave what they don't have and the suspense of blowing that he's put there is awesome.

Plus Lennie James is one of the best actors on the show.

I love how Carol went from being an abuse victim to Solid Snake. Awesome :lol:.

Luke Harper making an appearance was cool to see "We are the same"

I like that Morgan is back too.

I'm hoping the next few episodes they tell us what happened to Beth.

I've never really thought that much about the pilot, but this is a pretty thought-provoking theory:

#5. The Walking Dead: Rick Survives His Coma Because He's a Walker

In a world where dead people are reborn as mindless, flesh-eating zombies, the biggest reality stretch comes in the Walking Dead's first episode. Rick, the main not-zombie, wakes up in an abandoned hospital after a long coma. When we say "abandoned," we don't mean "everyone went home for the night save for one drunk at the switchboard" -- we mean it was *censored*ing abandoned. Everyone's dead or undead, and it's been this way for at least two months.

So how the *Censored* did Rick survive? He sat there for weeks, unmolested by zombies, like a BLT in a force field. Furthermore, his IV couldn't have lasted more than a few hours, meaning he somehow went months sans food or water. Not only should he be starved, delirious, and brain-dead, he should be dead, period.

Unless ... he's actually not a not-zombie. According to multiple fans on multiple forums and subreddits, Rick has the virus that turns perfectly good corpses into walkers, and it totally turned him into one. He actually died days into his water-free coma, because George Romero invading your universe doesn't mean basic science suddenly ceases to be.

Since those with the virus become zombified as soon as they die (bite or no bite), it's feasible that Rick's coma significantly weakened the virus -- just not enough to cancel out his resurrection. So he awoke undead and (presumably) immortal, but with his mind and humanity still intact.

Because it's either this or the entire show is a dream. And that, as is the case with every other fictional world that fans theorize as "all a dream," would be really *censored*ing stupid.

So, has anyone actually thought that Tyreese might have let the dude that he beat the crap out of go? It never actually showed him dead and when they tried to go in the house, Ty told them not to go in there because the guy was dead. I say this because he wasn't ready to kill again. I think I'm overthinking it because I would kill the dude if I was in Tyreese's place.

Not really thought provoking to me. It's never specified how long he was in the coma, how quickly the virus spread, when he woke up after the state of disarray or what have you.

I hate the just a dream theories

Actually its been state by Robert Kirkman and the show runners. Rick woke up 2 months into the apocalypse.

OK but there's still more factors. The apocalypse could have started getting hectic a little before he woke up. If this theory was to hold weight, we would need to know how long into the apocalypse they were when Shane went back for him, the state of ATL from Shane's rescue to his awakening, etc. Or, some nurses could have stayed to check on some patients. I mean, SOMEONE had to board up those walkers at the hospital (Don't open, dead inside).

Tyreese has no reason to let that guy live. Judging by how many times he hit him, how strong he is, etc, we won't see him any longer, dead or alive.

Anyone else think that Father Gabriel (the dude in tonight's episode from last weeks previews) has a connection to Beths whereabouts? There was a white cross in the back window of the car that took her.

That would appear to be the direction they are taking it. I really don't care about Beth anymore though.

Anyone else think that Father Gabriel (the dude in tonight's episode from last weeks previews) has a connection to Beths whereabouts? There was a white cross in the back window of the car that took her.

That would appear to be the direction they are taking it. I really don't care about Beth anymore though.

Beth sucks. Pointless character and only used as someone to look after Judith. She had her big episode with Daryl and now she needs to die.

Archived