The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

-I thought for a second the girl with short hair that got her throat sliced off was Carol lmao

-slicing, blood, gore!

-Carol the GOAT

-Did Eugene really have to explain the cure?

-Daryl and Carol!

-MORGAN

I honestly think he was bullshitting about the cure. I don't think there is one.

The pros: Better than every episode from Season 2-4 combined.

The Cons: Even when they have balls to do anything, they have no balls to do anything

The start really annoyed the piss out of me. It was a well crafted scene but yeah let's kill all the people we don't care about at all and then stop right before someone important dies. They should have just killed Glenn right there.

Honestly, it would of been way too predictable and would of stretched the whole scene too far

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

I think it was more predictable that they did stop before killing Glenn. Like I said before, it would have been more realistic if at least one character died. I thought it may have been Bob to get his throat slashed too...because he spoke out. But yeah...very unrealistic that they would be in such an order that it just happens to stop before any of them were harmed.

^

I don't really think it was unrealistic that they were in that order. Because as that dude pointed out when he came in to ask them what their whatever count was, the four that did get killed were all from one group and then obviously the main crew was from a different group. It was a very systematic process so it makes sense that they were organized like that.

It was pretty bullshit how first Glenn got barely saved by that guy walking in, and then Bob got barely saved by the explosion. But yeah, the order made sense, even though the timing was still unbelievable.

At least Glenn dieing would have freshened up the show a bit more and make you go holy shit if he was suddenly killed in such a brutal way. It was so lame when they got to killing the main characters and through pure coincidence they are suddenly halted. At least kill one of them, hell they should have killed Rick, then that would have been one of the more shocking TV deaths ever and gone down in history. Instead we maintain the status quo as per usual.

Despite this bitching, in my opinion it was the best episode of the series since Season 1

Lord have mercy that was one of the best episodes of the entire series.

I genuinely thought Tyreese or Judith was going to bite the dust. Glenn too.

Also, is nobody going to mention Negan at the end of the episode? Come on people!

Looking forward to watching it again already. An amazing episode!

I have to admit, I shed a year when Carol took Rick and everyone back to Judith and Tyreese. The series has started off strong and I really hope they can continue to that throughout the season.

Also, I didn't watch the next week previews because I like to leave it all as a surprise, but I saw the clip of Morgan that they used on Talking Dead and OH MY GOD! I am so incredibly pumped for this season!

Correction; the dude in the "Then" sequence at the end wasn't infact Negan. It was the crazy Jesus looking dude with the ink on his face that went after Glen. They really made it look like him though. Bastards!

Am I the only one that thinks the episode was total shit....I mean come on

Whenever they have something good in this case Terminus they seem to *Censored* this up pretty bad.I mean instead of killing of some of the characters,that BTW have rounded up to 15 or more from which the half we don't care cause the character development has been pretty bad,they destroy the whole goddamn place and burn it to pieces.

This had the potential to be a very good series of episodes but instead lets *Censored* this up...This is why the the video game by Telltale blows this thing over pretty bad..I'm this close to giving up on this show and week by week it gives me more reasons to

This ain't a rant but my honest opinion on the show and what it has become

Am I the only one that thinks the episode was total shit....I mean come on

Whenever they have something good in this case Terminus they seem to *Censored* this up pretty bad.I mean instead of killing of some of the characters,that BTW have rounded up to 15 or more from which the half we don't care cause the character development has been pretty bad,they destroy the whole goddamn place and burn it to pieces.

This had the potential to be a very good series of episodes but instead lets *Censored* this up...This is why the the video game by Telltale blows this thing over pretty bad..I'm this close to giving up on this show and week by week it gives me more reasons to

This ain't a rant but my honest opinion on the show and what it has become

(Game spoilers for both seasons below, you have been warned.)

I can't argue with any of this really. I personally think this was one of the best episodes of the series, with the way it was set and paced. But it was such an atrocious start to the season, the big anchor of Season 4, the big wait was for this Terminus and it lasted all of ONE EPISODE. I mean I wouldn't have wanted it to stick around for 2 WHOLE SEASONS LIKE THE MOTHER EFFING PRISON, but they built the Terminus up forever and blew it off in the very first episode.

None of the Main Characters rarely ever die, it's usually a bunch of people who nobody cares about. It's been 5 goddamn season KILL SOMEONE ALREADY. I also hate the fact how utterly inconsistent the characters have been and they always get rid of the compelling characaters.

I find it funny that my favorite characters of the show have been Carol, Morgan, that Scientist guy at the end of Season 1, Shane and Merle. Shane and Merle were awesome because they stood out as characters. Shane ended up being right about a lot of things and he bit the bullet far too early. Merle you could make a case for, maybe he'd run his cause maybe not.

Carol I really like because she has probably had the strongest character development of anyone else in the series.

I hate Daryl, his character is so inconsistent, his development is all over the place and seems to be regressing.

I really hate Glenn and Maggie, they seemingly have zero onscreen chemistry together. Glenn I started off liking but his development also regressed. Maggie's character is really bland which sucks because Lauren Cohen (The actor who plays her) was unbelievably awesome and charismatic on Supernatural.

Telltales The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 have become one of my top 3 games of all time (I count both seasons as one game, shoot me). Which is also funny because I put off playing this game for so long because I thought it was based off of the show, and I hate 90% of the characters from the show.

Clementine throughout this series has become in my opinion, one of the most consistent, well developed characters I have ever seen. With the options we're presented it's up the player to choose how they wish to develop the character. You can try hold onto her innocence as long as possible, or you can fall under the darker nature of the story. It is literally impossible to have bad character development with her.

The thing I also like about the game is they have the balls to kill Main Characters. Lukes death from Season 2 is perhaps one of my favorites from the whole series, because it was such an unusual death for a Main Character to have. He didn't die some heroic death, he didn't even get bit... He fell into the ice lake and died.

So how's that for a rant huh?

Fantastic season premiere (one of its strongest), I'm fully back on the hype train.

By the way, I hate it when people want main characters like Rick or Daryl dead just for the hell of it. They lost a shit ton of people in the past seasons and I'm glad that has stopped for a while. I also like how Terminus lasted for only one episode - I dreaded another farm/prison/Woodbury-only season. Gareth is still alive, right?

ANYWAY MORGAN *Censored* YEAH

Just read that the priest is Ellis Carver from The Wire, oh shit. It'll be funny when he meets Bob (aka D'Angelo).

Yall know they're not gonna kill off the main antagonist of the show this early.

Gareth isn't the protagonist this season. They have already confirmed him not to be the main villain, although he will be a re-occurring character, but we'll most likely pop up again later down the line.

Fantastic season premiere (one of its strongest), I'm fully back on the hype train.

By the way, I hate it when people want main characters like Rick or Daryl dead just for the hell of it. They lost a shit ton of people in the past seasons and I'm glad that has stopped for a while. I also like how Terminus lasted for only one episode - I dreaded another farm/prison/Woodbury-only season. Gareth is still alive, right?

Just read that the priest is Ellis Carver from The Wire, oh shit. It'll be funny when he meets Bob (aka D'Angelo).

What are u talking about man?

I mean how many characters they killed off?I'm talking about the ones that we cared about.I'm not talking about the whole Hersel's family members....Right now there are characters that I couldn't give a rat's ass if they died...For *Censored*'s sake I would care more about Glenn if they beat him with the bat at the beginning of the episode so they can add some drama and intensity right from the get go that right now where he lives happily ever after with Maggie.

The only character I'm enjoying right now is Rick quite honestly

What are u talking about man?

I mean how many characters they killed off?I'm talking about the ones that we cared about.I'm not talking about the whole Hersel's family members....Right now there are characters that I couldn't give a rat's ass if they died...For *Censored*'s sake I would care more about Glenn if they beat him with the bat at the beginning of the episode so they can add some drama and intensity right from the get go that right now where he lives happily ever after with Maggie.

The only character I'm enjoying right now is Rick quite honestly

I didn't expect Shane, Dale, Lori and Merle to die this early in the series, while Hershel and Andrea had it coming. Granted, those killings were 2-3 seasons ago and looking back at it, there weren't nearly as much meaningful deaths as I initially thought, so you do have a point. However, regarding Glenn, he's actually become one of my favorite characters on the show; he's gotten a lot more interesting and I'd be pretty upset if he died tbh. And Rick shouldn't die at all, he is Walking Dead and he's only getting better, that crazy mother*censored*er.

I do agree that I couldn't care less if most of the current crew died. Abraham's gang, some new folks from the past season, even Tyreese. The writers have a habit of killing off some characters as soon as they get more interesting though (T-Dog, Axel), so I don't think that's gonna change. Either way, killing off the main main characters is not a solution imo. The show would be odd without the likes of Rick, Daryl or Michonne anyway.

I can see Carol, Bob, Sasha, Tara, Abraham, Rosita and Beth dying in the foreseeable future, but as far as the rest goes, I'd be surprised if they'd go anywhere. They'll have them stick around for a few more seasons and only phase them out even slower.

Don't really think this requires spoilers unless your ages behind at which point why are you in here.

Glenn, to me, was the biggest waste of a character in the show. When we first met him, he was such a cool character and was actually interesting. He actually had his own personality. But now, he's nothing. He has suffered so hard from flanderization it's sad (Flanderization is when a character starts with many personality traits and progressively looses them until one trait of that character is all they are anymore). He started out interesting, and now all he is is his love for Maggie. That's it. I can't remember the last time he did anything that wasn't entirely based on Maggie. My opinion on Glenn probably isn't helped by the fact that I don't really like Maggie, but still, all he is is just him miraculously surviving and getting back to Maggie over and over now.

Archived