The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I credulously thought we'd seen the last of Beth after last season. Oh shit.

Really? I never had any doubt we'd see the last of her. I mean, she was a big character coming out of season 4 and one of the most consistant character since season 2 (even if she didnt have all that much to do), It would have been a terribly bad move to leave such a questionable ending for her. I dont think AMC are that stupid tbh.

Really? I never had any doubt we'd see the last of her. I mean, she was a big character coming out of season 4 and one of the most consistant character since season 2 (even if she didnt have all that much to do), It would have been a terribly bad move to leave such a questionable ending for her. I dont think AMC are that stupid tbh.

Of course it would be a bad move to just take her away from the series. Though considering any of the possible outcomes, we, as fans of the series, don't know if she's still alive or not (without seeing the trailer). She's been missing for the last few episodes and in their reality, there's always a good possibility of dying, or turning.

Of course it would be a bad move to just take her away from the series. Though considering any of the possible outcomes, we, as fans of the series, don't know if she's still alive or not (without seeing the trailer). She's been missing for the last few episodes and in their reality, there's always a good possibility of dying, or turning.

Not really, they might have ended up showing her as a walker, but for her to disappear off the show without any answers is a stupid idea which is what I read from your original post.

Not really, they might have ended up showing her as a walker, but for her to disappear off the show without any answers is a stupid idea which is what I read from your original post.

That's what I'm saying, she could be discovered as a walker, or if anything else, gone. It'll lead to the group seeking retaliation. Again, we don't know what can happen to her. She was kidnapped and I, at least, don't know if we'd ever see her again. We didn't know anything about the kidnappers at that point. Stupid or not, we can't always expect anything. The point of being a fan is to keep watching and raising questions. That's what makes it fun imo.

But if you thought my first post meant she just disappeared, I meant we might have seen the last of Beth as a human or alive.

I don't like

How the preview trailer already answers how they escape the camp they're being held in. I thought that was obviously the biggest cliff-hanger ending of the last season and we were supposed to be in suspense, waiting to find out. But now we already know that they are released so they can head to Washington. Kinda kills the suspense of...everything.

That's what I'm saying, she could be discovered as a walker, or if anything else, gone. It'll lead to the group seeking retaliation. Again, we don't know what can happen to her. She was kidnapped and I, at least, don't know if we'd ever see her again. We didn't know anything about the kidnappers at that point. Stupid or not, we can't always expect anything. The point of being a fan is to keep watching and raising questions. That's what makes it fun imo.

But if you thought my first post meant she just disappeared, I meant we might have seen the last of Beth as a human or alive.

Yeah i read it wrong, but I agree. It's the same during the season 4 mid-finale when people were so adamant that the Governor wasn't dead because we didt see the gunshot, but of course we did see his body when we came back.

@Generations; that bugs me too, but then we cant expect them to be in Terminus for the whole of season 5 so we pretty much knew they were going to escape all along. It's just we don't know how tough it will be as who may die in the process!

Scotty was in one of the Webisodes not on the main show. I a a massive fan of Scotty in general, followed him for a long time growing up as I'm a big Anthrax fan and hell, even I didn't know he was on one of the Webisodes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read that there is talk of turning Daryl gay. *Censored* that. Nothing against you gay folks...but Daryl ain't gay.

Yea and if they do that, it would completely change t he perspective of him and his brothers relationship.

Urm how? Their relationship was already established as Daryl living in his shadow and not being able to become his own man whilst he was around. That shits done.

Also I dont want them to turn Daryl gay just for the sake of shocking everyone. There has been no seeds planted no hints whatsoever in 4 years of that. It would just be a ridiculously shocking move to serve no purpose.

Just read that there is talk of turning Daryl gay. *Censored* that. Nothing against you gay folks...but Daryl ain't gay.

Yea and if they do that, it would completely change t he perspective of him and his brothers relationship.
Urm how? Their relationship was already established as Daryl living in his shadow and not being able to become his own man whilst he was around. That shits done.

Also I dont want them to turn Daryl gay just for the sake of shocking everyone. There has been no seeds planted no hints whatsoever in 4 years of that. It would just be a ridiculously shocking move to serve no purpose.

Yes, that is whats established currently, but if you add into the equation, Daryl's hypothetical homosexuality would turn the "not being a man" hazing into "youre a queer" hazing by the already racist asshole brother of his in hindsight.

Archived