A management mistake

acidfrehley

I don't know about you fellas, but IMO the fact that TNA has opted to make all of the shows and ppvs on the Impact Zone is holding the company to grow bigger.

I know that they do a lot of house shows and stuff, but the aired events are always set on Orlando. The crowd became stale since the last shows, specially on No Surrender. It was sad to watch the last match (ok, it wasn't a great match, but, anyway), they couldn't barely cheer.
Thats the cons of making the shows on the same place weekly. Its always the same guys on the crowd!
And about the ppv's, thats whats gets me more pissed. The ppv's looks like a regular show! Same scenario, same music, same crowd!

If they insist in this I bet that this situation would only get worse.

What you guys think about it?

[size="1"]ps: Sorry about any spelling/grammar mistake, its hard to express yourself in a foreign language.[/size]

[quote name='nWo_Kevin' timestamp='1284570493' post='7566547']
Yeah they need to grow out more, but besides money being an obvious issue as to why they cant do a different town every week. I also believe (might or might not be wrong)[b] they are under some kind of contract that keeps them in Orlando for at least a few more years.[/b]
[/quote]

That's gota be it. They've branched out in house-shows which is a good start and it's shown that there's a market for them outside of Orlando.

Like ECW they can't stay in Philly forever.

I think if TNA toured it would help, and I think a lot of the "management" is what is holding TNA back, they need someone who can drive them forward. I think one of the biggest issues is actually Dixie overriding some of the people with wrestling business experience. It's one of the things that bugs me about TNA is I see so much potential in the company just the management don't know how to make them fully reach that potential. :fedup:

[quote name='acidfrehley' timestamp='1284562205' post='7566251']
I don't know about you fellas, but IMO the fact that TNA has opted to make all of the shows and ppvs on the Impact Zone is holding the company to grow bigger.

I know that they do a lot of house shows and stuff, but the aired events are always set on Orlando. The crowd became stale since the last shows, specially on No Surrender. It was sad to watch the last match (ok, it wasn't a great match, but, anyway), they couldn't barely cheer.
Thats the cons of making the shows on the same place weekly. Its always the same guys on the crowd!
And about the ppv's, thats whats gets me more pissed. The ppv's looks like a regular show! Same scenario, same music, same crowd!

If they insist in this I bet that this situation would only get worse.

What you guys think about it?

[size="1"]ps: Sorry about any spelling/grammar mistake, its hard to express yourself in a foreign language.[/size]
[/quote]

Those are all really solid points. I think the main issue is funding. Orlando being a tourist trap is a decent spot for a fixed location at least as they can draw some new people in from time to time at shows. More so then most cities. But maybe that is part of what the house show plan is in terms of branching out. Eventually, PPVs should take place elsewhere as it definitely would increase the atmosphere that this is something BIG.

I agree that Orlando is certainly a good spot to hold a fixed venue, but they have to do some shows elsewhere to gain more fans and to please the fans that can't attend to Orlando.
And I'm not even bitching about being able to attend to a show because I live in Brazil, lol.

I just don't get it. They are putting so much effort on signing new talent that apparently they forget the basics. Take a WWE show, how much they draw per event? I bet that TNA could draw at least 20% of that people, there are a lot of wrestling fans that would love to see Angle, Hardy, Anderson, Pope, Styles, Sting and others.

Meh.

[quote name='Burge' timestamp='1284831917' post='7573030']
i agree they need to go bigger and better. but from my point of view they signed some of the wrong wrestlers and let too many of there good ones go, and pay rediculous amounts of money to wrestlers who dont perform that oftern.
[/quote]

They've gotten rid of most of them, Nash & Sting are the only ones who remain, and I have no problem with Sting being on the roster still.

And the only "good one" they let go was Daniels whom has a brighter future in ROH than in TNA.

They were planning a move to New York in Times Square or wherever WWE used to hold some of their shows, don't know if they'll announce the move @ BFG or not but it could be happening soon regardless.

They need to move, but they never will. The only reason that they have gotten guys like Kurt Angle is because they don't have to travel. That is literally the only reason that Kurt Angle left. He's said so himself, and there have been other wrestlers like Booker T who have said the same thing. His schedule was too hectic, and he needed more time to relax. TNA is kind of a retirement home for broken down wrestlers. Kurt Angle is still by far the greatest of all time, but he is really banged up and he doesn't want to travel anymore. That's why he and many others decided to go there.

[quote name='Crowley' timestamp='1284833003' post='7573070']
They need to move, but they never will. The only reason that they have gotten guys like Kurt Angle is because they don't have to travel. That is literally the only reason that Kurt Angle left. He's said so himself, and there have been other wrestlers like Booker T who have said the same thing. His schedule was too hectic, and he needed more time to relax. TNA is kind of a retirement home for broken down wrestlers. Kurt Angle is still by far the greatest of all time, but he is really banged up and he doesn't want to travel anymore. That's why he and many others decided to go there.
[/quote]

TNA's still got to branch out more though. The being in one place thing is a reason why a lot of vets have come to TNA, but management needs to realize that they need to expand their market if they want to become even close to what WWE makes. Just having wrestlers is one thing, but people want to SEE them, and not just on TV. They've got to do more house shows, and at least hold PPVs in different arenas around the country.

If guys like RVD aren't happy with traveling, as much as I like them, they need to go then. TNA has enough talent to thrive without names from the past...they just need to use that talent more, but that's another discussion.

The reason why they love the iMPACT! Zone is because it guarantees that people will be there. With other arenas in other cities, it's still hit or miss. You can't take that risk when you're producing TV.

Would TNA love to be in Madison Square Garden? Of course, they would.

Does it make business sense right now? Not at all.

That's why they're always at the iMPACT! Zone.

Archived