"RVD = Career Pissant. Nash = nWo"

Bronson

[quote]Kevin Nash didn’t just speak for himself.

Nash spoke for the TNA locker room.

Nash didn’t work a shoot at Jason Hervey’s request. That story “leaked” in a vain attempt to minimize locker-room heat. The sun hasn’t come up on a day when Nash takes anything Hervey says seriously.

Nash got it right.

Was Rob Van Dam EVER involved a big-money program? Not even close. Nash was involved in a program that drew big money and revolutionized the business. Helped book it, too. For RVD to refer to himself as a “rock star” while belittling the older, “jealous” wrestlers in TNA was a gratuitous insult, and gratuitously delusional.

Nash, jealous of RVD? HA! RVD, recognized while walking through Disneyland? I’d have to see it to believe it.

What’s going on right now in TNA makes the end of WCW look like a Swiss watch. RVD = career pissant. Kevin Nash = nWo.

I’m of the impression Nash would be welcome for one more run in WWE. Nash should do it. If nobodies like RVD can dump on him with no accountability from TNA management, TNA isn’t worth it. Not even when Nash makes more than RVD. He does, you know. JACKPOT!

You almost feel sorry RVD involved Jeff Hardy in his on-line tirade. Hardy didn’t invite retaliatory invective like RVD did, but here goes: Besides awaiting trial, Hardy is a bloated, grotesque self-parody who has proven nothing in TNA except that he needs WWE’s machine to get over. At one point recently, it appeared his brother Matt had swallowed him.

I used to really like the Hardys. But time seems ready to reveal them as a couple overrated BS artists who buy their own Internet hype.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/article/exclusive-rvd-career-pissant-nash-nwo-111757
[/quote]
Discuss

(as well as the rest of Madden's article if you want)

I didnt know Mark Madden was still doing wrestling commentary. I miss him kissing Russo's ass on WCW. Some good points though. I'm a fan of Nash and RVD but I do think RVD over hypes himself especially when calling himself a rock star. But maybe we the IWC are to blame for that considered it was many of us that begged TNA to sign him. Hopefully RVD can come back from his "injury" and have some great matches. But keep his talking to Impact and PPVs and not so much outside of it.

RVD = An Overrated but Talented Wrestler with a Big Ego.
Nash = An Overrated Untalented joke who got lucky and used to have a Big Ego but over the years it's slightly deflated.

[quote]
Was Rob Van Dam EVER involved a big-money program? Not even close. Nash was involved in a program that drew big money and revolutionized the business. [b]Helped book it, too.[/b] For RVD to refer to himself as a “rock star” while belittling the older, “jealous” wrestlers in TNA was a gratuitous insult, and gratuitously delusional.
[/quote]
By "Helping" he means that he helped give himself the title reigns that made him a big star and helped himself stay in the light of that Big Money business, the big money business that alot of Wrestlers who "helped out" were sucking dry.

[quote]
Nash, jealous of RVD? HA! RVD, recognized while walking through Disneyland? I’d have to see it to believe it.
[/quote]
I'd Believe it to be honest, we're not talking Eric Young here, we're talking about someone who has been a very popular name in Pro Wrestling for over a decade. Yeah he isn't as big of a star as he thinks he is but Disneyland? Is that how you judge fame now? put them in Disneyland and see if they are noticed?

[quote]
I’m of the impression Nash would be welcome for one more run in WWE. Nash should do it. If nobodies like RVD can dump on him with no accountability from TNA management, TNA isn’t worth it. Not even when Nash makes more than RVD. He does, you know. JACKPOT!
[/quote]

I'm more under the impression that WWE would jump at the chance of RVD, why on earth would they want Kevin Nash back? The guy can't wrestle anymore and if they did want him back it would surely just be backstage in creative. I'm not much of a fan of RVD but to call him a nobody just makes the article look stupid and reveals him as a one-sided ass kisser.

[quote]
You almost feel sorry RVD involved Jeff Hardy in his on-line tirade. Hardy didn’t invite retaliatory invective like RVD did, but here goes: Besides awaiting trial, Hardy is a bloated, grotesque self-parody who has proven nothing in TNA except that he needs WWE’s machine to get over. At one point recently, it appeared his brother Matt had swallowed him.

I used to really like the Hardys. But time seems ready to reveal them as a couple overrated BS artists who buy their own Internet hype.
[/quote]

I Will agree with this, The Hardy boys just seem to have sunk so far lately, one of them seems to be spiralling even faster than before and can't hide behind his "xtreme" ladder spots anymore to make up for his lack of real talent. The other is too drunk on the comments some kids drop him on Youtube about how he should be champ and it has given him some false belief over the last year or two that he actually does deserve to be at the top of WWE despite him being in the worst physical condition of his Career and despite the fact that he's never been good enough to be Champ, the only reason he was popular in the first place was due to his Junkie brother doing spot after spot, Matt may be the better wrestler out of the two but that's not saying much.

I can't break it down better than Black Toxic already did... but I'll add my 2 cents.

First off I'm a bit biased as I've always been a huge RVD fan and while I enjoyed the original nWo run... I've resented Kevin Nash for most of his career.

Mark Madden is incredibly biased though. He was personal friends with Nash in WCW and it's possible that he's never actually met Rob, so that right there kind of tosses out Mark's point of view on this.

Double M has some good commentary on pro sports, but despite having been a wrestling insider, his perspective on wrestling is really f*cking skewed. The thing is... Mark always wanted to be a football or hockey broadcaster and just looked at working for WCW as a job along the way. Sure he may have been a wrestling fan too at some point but his views on wrestling have always been very different then how most fans and even other wrestling insiders feel. Mark has a very narrow view of wrestling, always has. For a guy that worked for one of the big two companies at the time you would think he would have more wrestling smarts, but he either doesn't or he just doesn't care.
Speaking of not caring... I'm surprise Madden even commented on this. I'm within his radio broadcast area and listen to his show sometimes... and usually when people call in and ask anything wrestling related, he refuses to comment and says he isn't interested these days.

WWE [b]doesn't[/b] want Kevin Nash back. If they did, Kevin would be there in a heart beat. I admit I like Nash's quote about [i]"If an ATM machine was spitting out money, how long would you stand in front of it? Probably until it stopped spitting out money!"[/i] I respect and understand his desire to hang around wrestling for as long as it pays the bills (TNA ain't exactly handing out pensions so I mean you can't blame him). But that doesn't mean that Nash actually contributes anything to the wrestling world these days. He can't wrestle for sh!t... honestly he couldn't wrestle for sh!t when he was in his prime. But he was a believable heavyweight back then at least. And he only stayed that way because of his backstage powers at WCW. Plus, the WWE is on a youth movement kick right now. No way would they do something as stupid as bring back Nash as an in-ring performer.

Kevin Nash as a WWE booker? ZOMG NO! Nash deserves part of the blame put on Russo for killing WCW. Why the hell would WWE want Big Kev to help run their company into the ground?! Actually if TNA was smart they would send Nash there... as it's the only way WWE's storylines could get worse. At least WWE has been pushing some good wrestlers lately. That stuff would stop as soon as Nash took the reigns. It happened in WCW.

Again I don't blame Kevin Nash one bit for trying to make maximum money for minimum effort in the wrestling business. You see how many guys in this industry either go broke once retired or simply drop dead. I won't hate the guy for having good business sense. But that doesn't change the fact that Kevin Nash has been [b]cancerous[/b] to the wrestling industry.

RVD on the other hand has been a blessing for wrestling fans ever since his ECW days. Who cares who would get more recognized at Disney Land? Rob gets more respect from the core TNA fanbase and that is ALL that Dixie and Hogan and friends should care about at the end of the day!

RVD does have a huge ego, but he's definitely more down to Earth than Nash is. RVD creates a HUGE PPV for the ECW guys to give back to the fans, while Nash books himself title reigns. RVD is actually talented, Nash WAS talented. RVD is in amazing physical shape, Nash's knees look like they're giving out. And so what, RVD called himself a rockstar. Is there only ONE rockstar in the world? I don't think so. Nash is a shell of his former self, and a greedy one too. RVD can still put on great matches and go toe to toe with anyone on the roster. RVD isn't the best wrestler in the world, but he's certainly better than Nash.

[quote name='RVD 4:20' timestamp='1284537118' post='7565847']
RVD > Kevin Nash. I think if RVD and Kevin Nash walked around Disneyland for a day, without promoting themselves, I bet more people would recognise RVD.
[/quote]

Well...you did choose Disneyland, which is aimed at a younger audience. Just saying.

[quote name='xKnuK Golden' timestamp='1284546909' post='7565958']
Why would Kevin Nash be jealous of RVD? Nash's career blows RVD's out of the water.
[/quote]

Nash still sux though. He always sucked. His career got a boost in the 90's because Vince loves big dudes... but Nash never had the talent of the Undertaker or others like them. Thus Nash's first title run was one of the worst received by fans ever. Merch sales and shit were waaaay down. People wanted Bret Hart and HBK, or even Owen or Razor Ramon as their champs, not Diesel.

Speaking of Scott Hall. Hall ALWAYS carried Nash in the ring. Nash will even admit that. Hall and Waltman were the wrestlers, Nash was just a really big dude with some good mic skills. He was a part of the original nWo invasion which was cool... great moment in wrestling right there. But eventually that became stale and Nash only stayed at the top due to booking himself as a top billed guy. Which at first, not so bad with nWo Wolfpac and stuff which was an initial success. But look where that lead... to the "finger poke of doom". At least RVD will never be remembered for some embarrassing segments like that. Nash in TNA was worthless for his entire run there. Say what you want about RVD's run... it wasn't bad and did inject some new life into TNA for a little while.
Big Kev does exactly what he says he does... stands in front of an ATM while it spits out money. He is otherwise useless as a wrestler and mostly useless as a backstage TV figure as well. That feud with Samoa Joe should have ended with Joe beating the unholy horse shit out of Nash to put over Joe. I mean Joe stood in the ring with Kenta f*cking Kobashi for Pete's sake! Who the f*ck is Nash to not put people over when he's a barely walking cripple, overgrown, has been.

Again I don't blame Nash trying to make a buck
But I've hated Big Kev for his negative impact on the industry for quite some time now, and now's the time to vent it.

Nash is still cool. He may have never been all that talented, but I still think he was a badass...and kinda still is. He's just a huge dude. Even if all he ever did was kick a few people in the face, and powerbomb em', he still looked pretty suave while doing it. RVD obviously wins in the talent respect...and the mic respect, and just about everything else...

[quote name='Generations' timestamp='1284538339' post='7565876']
[quote name='RVD 4:20' timestamp='1284537118' post='7565847']
RVD > Kevin Nash. I think if RVD and Kevin Nash walked around Disneyland for a day, without promoting themselves, I bet more people would recognise RVD.
[/quote]

Well...you did choose Disneyland, which is aimed at a younger audience. Just saying.
[/quote]

The choice was based on what Nash said.

I just posted this in the wrestlezone forums about this same subject, it my seem a little out of context but here it is.

[quote]Why is everyone on here acting like midcard is a BAD thing?

!!!NEWS FLASH!!!

Mid card performers are just as important to the show as main eventers. Why? Without the mid carders no one would come to the show. It's like TV you are ONLY as good as your lead in. If your lead in sucks you ratings WILL be low. In the context of a wrestling show if the under card is not exciting people will not stay for the main event. Both Nash and RVD are out of line here, RVD more so. He has gotten an undeniably large ego since he refuses to put over guys TNA deems worthy a KEY part of his job. You people acting like Nash is right 100% seem to forget THIS WAS NASH'S MO IN WCW! When Nash was booker in WCW putting himself over was his ONLY goal. Sure he put DDP in the main event but it was too late to undue the damage guys like him had done to WCW.Nash was nothing more then a cancer to WCW, and TNA would be wise to cut out RVD before he becomes one as well. This is coming from a die hard RVD fan.[/quote]

Was that little bashing of Jeff Hardy at the end made by RVD? I didnt understand. :huh:

Ohh and RVD has really only been one of the big guys in ECW. Hes the type of guy who gets over because of his moveset. Kevin on the other hand is a freakin genius. The man is refered to as the best business man in wrestling. Everywhere Nash went he was sure he got his money. The guy was part of one of the most controversial groups back in the day. Its no surprise to me when Hogan, Hall, or Nash get bashed. The nWo guys played it smart, not just only in WCW but everywhere they wrestled. These guys have definately left their mark in this business, its sad we might never see guys like them again.

Archived