Swagger's rep in WWE, MVP getting new gimmick?

Binky Barnes

[quote]Smackdown Superstar MVP was in the doghouse with WWE officials again before being put in the new feud with Jack Swagger. The only thing said about MVP’s recent heat is that it’s for the same reasons he’s been in and out of the doghouse for the past two years.

MVP is looking to reinvent himself and suggested doing a rapper gimmick to officials. MVP has even recorded a rap song to go with the gimmick. [/quote]
Source: NoDQ.com

I hope the rapper gimmick works for MVP. It won't be anywhere near as controversial as Cena's as he played his one out in a time of less restrictions. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing MVP return to being the cocky heel that he used to be. You know, the MVP that won championships.

[quote name='Rated-R-Megastar' timestamp='1282827195' post='7513920']
I hope the rapper gimmick works for MVP. It won't be anywhere near as controversial as Cena's as he played his one out in a time of less restrictions. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing MVP return to being the cocky heel that he used to be. You know, the MVP that won championships.
[/quote]

[quote name='Retro' timestamp='1282828945' post='7513977']
Swagger's rep isn't mentioned at all. The entire thing is about MVP.
[/quote]

I think it was the statement "MVP was in the doghouse with WWE officials again before being put in the new feud with Jack Swagger." implying that being in a feud with Swagger is a punishment. :fedup: not 100% on that.

When they turned him face, just face it, everything went downhill from there. He was such a great heel when he first entered the company, and a great heel right before he went on that losing streak.

And besides his old entrance was just great. I miss the good ol' dome.

I'm glad to see how they're starting off a little feud between MVP and Swagger. He actually beat him 2 weeks ago. If they handle this correctly and give him another gimmick, he might not need a Heel turn to make it in the Main Event. I would like to see the blimp-thingy in his entrance though :nod:

[quote name='BlackToxic' timestamp='1282829752' post='7514003']
First MVP starts doing terrible "Cena jokes" on Smackdown and now he's going to do one of Cena's old gimmicks. If you can't beat them, copy them right? I Hope it fails.
[/quote]

For some reason, I agree with this hateful point of view.

[quote name='SimplyJay' timestamp='1282835338' post='7514153']
[quote name='Retro' timestamp='1282828945' post='7513977']
Swagger's rep isn't mentioned at all. The entire thing is about MVP.
[/quote]

I think it was the statement "MVP was in the doghouse with WWE officials again before being put in the new feud with Jack Swagger." implying that being in a feud with Swagger is a punishment. :fedup: not 100% on that.
[/quote]

Here's the whole article.

[quote name='NoDQ.com'] Smackdown Superstar MVP was in the doghouse with WWE officials again before being put in the new feud with Jack Swagger. The only thing said about MVP’s recent heat is that it’s for the same reasons he’s been in and out of the doghouse for the past two years.

MVP is looking to reinvent himself and suggested doing a rapper gimmick to officials. MVP has even recorded a rap song to go with the gimmick.

[b]Swagger, on the other hand, is getting high praise from WWE officials because the key people see him as a long-term Superstar. Swagger gets props on his great attitude, his size and athletic ability.[/b]

[/quote]

Major props for swagger. :blush:

[quote name='BlackToxic' timestamp='1282829752' post='7514003']
First MVP starts doing terrible "Cena jokes" on Smackdown and now he's going to do one of Cena's old gimmicks. If you can't beat them, copy them right? I Hope it fails.
[/quote]

same here.

It's just too stereotypical. I know MVP suggested it... but Why can't the writing team come up with something unique for him? Actually they sort of already did... it's just that his gimmick has gotten kind of stale. They could turn him heel and make him a crazy ex con (not like Nails lol)... might be tough to keep the character PG, but I bet it would work in getting him over as a serious heel. And even that isn't a great idea but is better than another wrestler/rapper combo.

Or perhaps they could go the opposite route and turn him into like a renaissance man who is doing everything he can to put his past behind him and gain culture and civility and do it in a babyface, rising from the ashes type of angle as opposed to an obnoxious, arrogant heel version of the same character (which we've seen too many countless times already, like HHH's first gimmick).

Archived