Sheffield injury update, Cena taking time off

Binky Barnes

[quote]Credit: F4WOnline.com

- John Cena will be taking time off WWE live events in October and part of November to film another movie. Cena will be playing one of three brothers who try to collect on an FBI reward for the return of a kidnapped billionaire who is being held hostage in Mexico.

- As noted before, Skip Sheffield suffered a compound fracture of his left ankle at the WWE live event in Hawaii on August 18th. Sheffield is expected to have surgery next week. He hasn’t had it yet because they had to wait for the swelling to go down. Right now, Sheffield is expected to be out of action four to six months.[/quote]
Credit: NoDQ.com

Dammit... i was just starting to like the guy... :(

4-6 Months? Poor guy. I was actually liking Skip. Hopefully it's closer to the 4 month mark. But if, as reported, Nexus won't last that long, I really do feel sorry for the guy. Hopefully he gets repackaged because I don't see his cowboy gimmick going over.

[quote name='kdebones' timestamp='1282832450' post='7514066']
[quote name='cashmaster' timestamp='1282829536' post='7513998']
Cena takes out Skip, Nexus take out Cena.

I called it.
[/quote]

No, Hart Dynasty took out Skip :hqhq:
[/quote]
That a spoiler for RAW?

[quote name='cashmaster' timestamp='1282832761' post='7514075']
[quote name='kdebones' timestamp='1282832450' post='7514066']
[quote name='cashmaster' timestamp='1282829536' post='7513998']
Cena takes out Skip, Nexus take out Cena.

I called it.
[/quote]

No, Hart Dynasty took out Skip :hqhq:
[/quote]
That a spoiler for RAW?
[/quote]

Nahh, was only a house show. Doesn't really mean anything.

[quote name='Sarcastic.' timestamp='1282827252' post='7513926']
When he returns Nexus will be well and truely over, so he sould return as Ryback.
[/quote]

He already returned to wearing the Ape on his trunks, so it's safe to say the cornfed meathead is a thing of the past.

Shame about Skip, but once Nexus is over, I actually think he has a promising future. He's jacked and has a few similarities to Austin (bald head, black trunks, billed from Texas and has a stunner as a finisher), so I have a feeling that Vince is keen on giving him a push.

[quote name='.radom' timestamp='1282869444' post='7515489']
[quote]
- John Cena will be taking time off WWE live events in October and part of November
[/quote]
Awesome.
[/quote]

I wish the best to Skip, hope everything goes well & a speeding recovery, too bad this moment might be the biggest career and he's going to miss it. On Cena, it would be good to have him gone for awhile, see some new people cover for him.

for those who dont know what a compound fracture is,
its when the bone is forced in the wrong direction and comes out through the skin.
it dosen't usually result in a break, as its usually ball and socket joints that are fractured in this way, so can be pushed back into place.

I'd like to see what actually happend to skip, sounds really bad especially because they've given him such a long time off.

[quote name='BlackToxic' timestamp='1282830447' post='7514023']
[quote name='Sarcastic.' timestamp='1282827252' post='7513926']
When he returns Nexus will be well and truely over, so he sould return as Ryback.
[/quote]
Or.. Not return at all. It sounds like a better option to me.
[/quote]

^Agreed.

Archived