THQ: We'll crush pre-owned threat

josesaladbar

:shift: No new here. EA has started doing this with their games with madden 11 and ncaa 11 and so on. Because of the economony is bad right now. Game companies are lossing money in game sales. Now companies like EA and THQ doing extra things for online to increase money by making people pay for extra stuff now. It's kind of BS to me. :shift:

Best news I could have asked for really.
This will drive down the costs of 2nd hand copies in stores which means if I ever decide to buy SvR 2011 (not likely but if I ever do) I'll get it much cheaper than the norm and THQ/Yukes won't be getting my money.

Win win!

OK, sorry im spanish and here it is said "Juegos de segunda mano" which is in English something like second hands videogames. I didnt know that pre-owned was the word with that meaning.
Well, as Cliff Blezinski(or what his name is written X-D) said, they shouldnt punish the preowner gamers, they should give a reward to the ones who buy a new game.

This is such a petty thing for gaming companies to do.

The reason game sales are going down are from a number of variables, not just from buying games second hand. They also have to consider the fact that because most games have online play now, the replay value is much higher and you spend more time on one game. No longer is it "beat the game, trade it for another, beat that, trade it, etc." Many players can spend months on one game now.

rather than doing this THQ should start making decent games, fair enough svr is best wrestling game around. but saints row isnt much more than a comedy san andreas, metro 2033 wasnt as good as fallout, 50 cents games was bloody awful [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=496-HyZi0oI[/media]

Archived