Which PS2 game do you consider to have the best realistic gameplay?

Which game had the best realistic gameplay?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which game had the best realistic gameplay?

I have heard some people say 2007 with the weight class detection had the best realistic gameplay.
Do you guys all consider 2007 to have the best gameplay of the series between 2006-2010?
Did it not have stupid counters like SVR2006 where The Big Show did drop kicks for example?
I can't remember, I just know I hated the UC moves so I stopped playing it pretty quickly.

Why I wonder is because if this game has the best realistic gameplay perhaps I should convert my editor for 2007, by hacking movesets I could simply get rid of the UC moves I don't like anyway and the people belonging to the wrong weight class would easily be corrected. I don't remember how the rest of the gameplay was though with the counter moves. I also liked the weight detection a lot.

And by hacking we could all put Rey, Michaels in a higher category and just make the biggest guys unliftable. For example make all guys light heavy or heavy except Big Show (Super) and Khali, Andre (Omega).

Well anyway. This is a poll to consider which game that had the best pure GAMEPLAY (forget about graphics or which characters that were in). Also the unrealistic UC moves can be hacked away so I want you to look away from them.

Finally, don't just vote, please comment on the pros and cons of the gameplay of the games/game you voted for.

The earlier games are not included in this poll since the characters of those games have a slightly different format so I wont be able to convert my editor to those games at all.

I want you to consider things that aren't editable (so don't consider characters/movesets/music) but consider things like moves/flow of the game/weight detection/how grapples work or their animations/bugs/tag team play and so on...

If the UC moves can be hacked away then i'm all in for 2007. The weight detection is what i liked about it. If i am understanding this right, we still be able to edit 2010 with the same editor, if you add support for a new game to it?

Yeah ofcourse. It would just be trying to convert what is already there to also work on another game. Perhaps just adding an option of which game to edit.

But I must say I don't know if all files are stored similarly on all games. There might be things that are too different so that I wouldn't be able to do it.

SvR 07 was really fun, They had good tag moves like all of the Dudley moves, and the Hart Attack move.

Moveset system was quite good (Not as good as SvR 06), the weight thing was pretty good, the CAW mode was good. It has create a PPV which is always fun to do.

Not sure what else to say really.

Personally I wish that SVR06 didn't have those stupid counters. It was pretty cool to be able to assign which moves that were the grapple animations. However those counters ruined a lot.

[quote name='Beast And The Harlot' timestamp='1281044748' post='7460038']
SvR 07 was really fun, They had good tag moves like all of the Dudley moves, and the Hart Attack move.

Moveset system was quite good (Not as good as SvR 06), the weight thing was pretty good, the CAW mode was good. It has create a PPV which is always fun to do.

Not sure what else to say really.
[/quote]
I think all of those tag moves can be hacked into SVR2010. Would that change your vote?

I just tried 2007.

All I can say is that to me even though the weight detection is great and should have been a keeper, the rest of the gameplay does not feel as good as 2010.

The movement of characters just feels wrong for example and their sliding around in the ring instead of walking does not look good... The graphics between 2007-2010 is another story... The game looks and feels way better on 2010 even on the emulator on HD graphics. To me also gameplay wise.

2010 is still my favourite. I hope the weight detection can be enabled in 2010 some way...

I may be the odd ball here but i pick 2006. Even though 2007 had weight detection and 2010 is more updated and fluent, 2006 just seemed like a more realistic experience compared to real-life match situations. Just think in the perspective as when u first got each game and how you thought of it. In 2006 u had pre-match mini games to start off, sleeper hold 3 count (to check if you're still conscious), and the double knockout feature. It just felt more like a real match experience than any other game despite how old it is.

[quote name='Nike The Bike' timestamp='1281153964' post='7463032']
I really liked 2006 aswell. I remember tweaking the settings made me simulate matches that were really great to watch. The only real problem was those unrealistic reversals and the stupid sleeper hold with the dropping ball that I NEVER figured out how to stop.
[/quote]

Yeah those reversals did look stupid now that i think about. Especially the one when he reverses u and hit you in the back :annoy: . But overall, it was a great game.

btw i thought that dropping ball meter was kinda easy

I was trying the old games again today and there is something with the movement of wrestlers on SVR2007 that just feels WAY OFF. It looks like they float on ice when they walk around and it does not feel very good at all. Also the lighting is strange somehow. SVR2006 even had better and more realistic looking movement and not that strange lighting. I am even leaning towards 2006 > 2007 overall.

I guess the ultimate gameplay of the SVR series would be to take different things from different games.

1. Base 2010 (Movement + moves + graphics)
2. Grapple system 2006 (possible to change which animations that started the grapple, could set them all to grapple punch which was more realistic actually then collar & elbow or armwringer since punches happen all the time in a real match but the others don't)
3. Weight detection 2007

[quote]Well,2010 is the best gameplay. it is very realistic they u walk,do a grapple. but 07 more fun because it had more roster and options. but u r judging in the realistic gameplay 2010 is it [/quote]

Well the roster of 2010 can be edited now as I said so that can't be a killer anymore.

Archived