THQ Announcing New WWE Franchise Next Year!!!!

[quote]Another WWE franchise is being created by publisher THQ, and it won't 'cannibalise' the "big, expensive" Smackdown vs. RAW gamer fans.

Also Smackdown! vs. Raw Online is unlikely to hit the West without a redesign. This new franchise is a "little different" from WWE All Stars.

The Smackdown! vs. Raw Online game "is for Asia," said THQ core games chief Danny Bilson. That means there'll be no 2011 release in the US or EU for it. "I don't think there's any chance of that coming to the US or Europe, not soon anyway. We don't want to confuse Smackdown Vs. Raw! with that online free-to-play game," he explained.

"That's a big, expensive title, Smackdown Vs. Raw! - we will not do any cannibalisation of it at all. The online game is also designed uniquely for Asian playing habits and it would probably have to be modified creatively to bring it to the West."

"So there's no plan to bring it here - because what we do have a plan for on that brand is what you saw with All Stars. And next year you'll see another new extension there in another way - that's just as exciting as All Stars, but a little different."

"We're not talking about that yet," added Bilson. "We're growing that brand basically through an alternate SKU every six months - the other SKUs are more friendly, easier and less simmy than Smackdown! Vs Raw." The 'simmy' reference is to how it tries to emulate the actual show of WWE, letting players create their own wrestling 'soap opera'.

WWE All Stars releases on Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, PS2 and Wii the first half of 2011.[/quote]

[url="http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/8755/thq-create-another-wwe-franchise-less-simmy-than-smackdown "]Proof here[/url]

[quote name='God's Son' timestamp='1280294086' post='7441669']
So wait. SVR Online is like an online flash game? Not a game thats released in a store? Not like a Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 type game?

I feel bad for them Asians.

[/quote]

No. By "free to play", they mean you don't have to pay an XboxLive fee. Its a computer game, so as long as you have the game and an internet connection, there are no additional bills you have to pay.

svr online. Phew. I've been keeping up with and then I was disappointed that it will be an Asian game only. A shame. I was just planning to use it as an easier way to test out textures because you can just import jpg, png psd files directly to it. And I'm assuming you are joking but no. It's not a flash game. It's just a bit different because the Eastern world is apparently different when it comes to gaming. It's still a fully developed game. It's strange though because it has Create a Taunt and it has something called "3D paint tool." The latter is something I'm interested in seeing. Kind of sucks that by the time it is released, svr 2011 will be out so that "testing out textures" idea will be out the window due to differing game models.

It's been shown in a different post in the SVR 2011 board, but Kofi "I still have Jamaican style music despite not having the accent anymore" Kingston mentioned in an interview about all the games that are coming out. It might of been verbal diarrhea but he said "SVR 2011, All-Stars, and WWE vs Legends (2 or too)." So maybe the next game will be a better done version of Legends of Wrestlemania. Who knows.

Relevant info in the paragraph following the "[i][b]IGN: What are you playing these days?[/b][/i]" question.
[url="http://tv.ign.com/articles/110/1106452p2.html"]Interview[/url]

Archived