Tension Between Shawn Michaels & Vince McMahon?, WWE Sign Another Talent To Developmental Deal

Jack_Clark

[quote]It seems there might be some tension right now between WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and former WWE superstar Shawn Michaels. According to Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com, Vince recently made the call to the announcers to no longer mention Shawn Michaels on air and at this time there is no footage of HBK to be shown on WWE television. Reports are circulating the reasoning behind this was that Michaels was very upset at the way the WWE treated the whole Bryan Danielson situation, which ultimately led to Danielson’s release, combined with the fact that Vince is upset that HBK decided to call time on his wrestling career, as Vince felt there was still more years left in the tank.

Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW), the former developmental territory of the WWE announced at their TV taping last night that Brent “Beef” Wellington had been signed to a WWE developmental contract. This follows up the news we reported earlier of former TNA star Austin “Consequences” Creed also signing a WWE developmental deal.[/quote]

[b]Source:Force Of Wrestling.com & F4WOnline[/b]

I like how they had Jeff Hardy on screen for like two minutes when they showed CM Punk cashing in his briefcase on him in a MITB promo, yet Shawn Michaels allegedly had some beef with Vince, which viewers don't even know about, and he's completely taken off TV.

Holy Guacamole! Beef Wellington! THE Last person i thought WWE Would ever sign, maybe they'll let him have the "Smelly Butt Punch" [i](PG'd)[/i]. Though the last time i had high hopes of WWE using a Comedy relief wrestler correctly was Cabana and look how that turned out.

What footage of Shawn Michaels can they possibly show now to further any storyline? He's retired (for now)so shawn michaels footage is not relavent right now (except to promote summerslam). Plus they did show a SummerSlam recall a few weeks back that showed Shawn vs Razor here it is http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/summerslam/2010/july8-14/15004334

[quote name='BlackToxic' date='22 July 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1279827390' post='7430529']
Holy Guacamole! Beef Wellington! THE Last person i thought WWE Would ever sign, maybe they'll let him have the "Smelly Butt Punch" [i](PG'd)[/i]. Though the last time i had high hopes of WWE using a Comedy relief wrestler correctly was Cabana and look how that turned out.
[/quote]

WWE is going to have a gimmick where he runs around in a hood and gives people the ass punch...This is gonna be *censored*ing awesome!

[quote name='cashmaster' date='22 July 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1279826878' post='7430513']
According to Dave Meltzer. Yeah it's likely bullshit.
[/quote]

Indeed. Would be completely ungrateful of Vince to think that. The guy basically kept his company alive in the mid 90's.

Of course there would've been more years in HBK, but the fact is, he [b]WANTED[/b] to retire. And what comes to WWE signing new talent, I really don't like it. After all, everyone would just wind up like wrestlers do in WWE these days. They got jobbed, ask for release and go to TNA.

[quote name='AssaultDriver720' date='22 July 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1279832491' post='7430752']
Sorry to break the to news all of you, the Beef Wellington they sign is not Beef Wellington from IWS and CZW its a different dude.
[/quote]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

[quote name='.Joel' date='22 July 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1279835079' post='7430831']
[quote name='AssaultDriver720' date='22 July 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1279832491' post='7430752']
Sorry to break the to news all of you, the Beef Wellington they sign is not Beef Wellington from IWS and CZW its a different dude.
[/quote]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
[/quote]

They mean this dude

http://www.ovwrestling.com/superstars.html

Somebody should remind Vince that Shawn isn't Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair, he doesn't want to wrestle forever.

He's got a family at home and I respect him tremendously for his decision. Vince needs to get his thumb out of his ass and realize that every great wrestler has to stop one day. He's probably going to piss himself when Cena decides he's had enough.

update

[quote]DON'T BELIEVE REPORTS THAT SAY VINCE MCMAHON HAS HEAT WITH SHAWN MICHAELS

NBC will be airing a special on 8/7 at 9 PM ET titled " WrestleMania XXVI: The World Television Premiere".

Featured prominently on the show will be the Shawn Michaels-Undertaker match that led to Michaels' retirement. Not that we needed this show to prove anything, because rumors of Vince McMahon and Shawn Michaels having heat were unfounded to begin with, but it kind of does just that for the doubters out there.

For those still doubting, stop already. WWE knows where Michaels is at this point in his life and gave him a great deal to keep him as long as he stayed. Now, he is a 45 year-old family man that has priorities outside of wrestling that matter more to him. That is the real story, at least for now.[/quote]

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/49339/dont-believe-reports-that-say-vince-mcmahon-has-heat-with-shawn-michaels.html?p=1

Archived