Official "TNA iMPACT! 2011" Discussion Thread

Guest C. Dowds
[u][b]TNA iMPACT! 2011[/b][/u]

On January 26, 2010, it was revealed that SouthPeak Games are in the early stages of developing "TNA Impact 2011", which is scheduled to be released in Spring 2011.

So, I think we should have a thread to discuss anything and everything about this game.

Personally, I'd like to see the addition of a few middleware products to the engine, to improve gameplay. These few things are [b]Havok Cloth[/b], [b]Havok Destruction[/b], [b]Havok Behaviour[/b], and [b]Havok AI[/b].

[b]Havok Cloth[/b] deals with efficient simulation of character garments and soft body dynamics, basically clothes and hair would react more naturally, as well as any soft materials, ie. banners, etc.

[b]Havok Destruction[/b] provides tools for creation of destructible and deformable rigid body environments, so weaopons would react more lifelike, and would be different everytime.

[b]Havok Behavior [/b]is a toolset and runtime SDK for controlling game character animation at a high level using finite state machines.

[b]Havok AI[/b] which provides advanced pathfinding capabilities for games.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='odyn1232' timestamp='1282520887' post='7505447']
That'd be cool!
I'd like to add improved CAW mode, and as for the roster, I say it again:
If they got the Band, they got my money.
Nuff said :razor:
[/quote]
same here. its been too long since hogan hall nd nash were all in a game. for me just the band, more character specific moves such as the fall away slam for scott nd a more weapons will make me get it.

[quote name='TheNetworkZ' timestamp='1283314567' post='7529211']
There's going to be a lot of improvements added in order for me to buy this game. And how come I haven't heard anything about this game?
[/quote]

Very little info has been revealed. wikipedia has a roster all ready confirmed but I doubt its true as there is no source.

[quote name='The Dark Angel' timestamp='1283341784' post='7529704']
There's going to be a lot of improvements added in order for me to buy this game. And how come I haven't heard anything about this game?
[/quote]

Very little info has been revealed. wikipedia has a roster all ready confirmed but I doubt its true as there is no source.
[/quote]

I did check the wikipedia page and it does seem a little suspicious (no source and all). If this game is supposed to come out in the Spring shouldn't there be a page for it on Gamespot, or at least some pictures or interviews for the game? I haven't seen any of this.

[quote name='TheNetworkZ' timestamp='1283402858' post='7531850']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I did check the wikipedia page and it does seem a little suspicious (no source and all). If this game is supposed to come out in the Spring shouldn't there be a page for it on Gamespot, or at least some pictures or interviews for the game? I haven't seen any of this.
[/quote]

To be fair about the images, the ds version of cross the line didn't release pictures until a few months before the release date.

[quote name='The Dark Angel' timestamp='1283644349' post='7538461']
[quote name='TheNetworkZ' timestamp='1283402858' post='7531850']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair about the images, the ds version of cross the line didn't release pictures until a few months before the release date.
[/quote]

That is true. We'll have to wait for anything to be revealed. Good or bad, I know I'm going to end up getting this game :fedup: (even though I only rented the first one).

• 2 weeks later...
I've been wanting to do this for a while now. So what I've wanted from a TNA game is the following

[b]A better Create-A-Wrestler mode[/b]. I admire how they tried a caw mode like Day of Reckoning's but that isn't the best caw mode to make wrestlers on. They should try something simpler like Smackdown's series. This time for all platforms.

[b]TNA Arena's[/b]. It was great and all to have the foreign arenas but they were kinda pointless, I think most of us would want the real arenas. Meanig the ppv arena's, Xplosion's, and the impact arena, and if they can throw in the six sided arena would be great too.

[b]Bigger Roster[/b]. This time none of the fake wrestlers stuff, I want the real TNA wrestlers to be in the game. Atleast 50 Wrestlers should be in game.

[b]Entrances/Creating Them[/b]. Obviously longer entrances, with full themes and can be heard. I'm not sure if creating/editing entrances was in the first one but they should do the creating similar to smackdown's or something new. Tag Entrances are needed and creating them can be a little differnt you could merge two single entrances and make them into a tag or make a tag entrance from scratch instead of a preset one.

[b]More Moves[/b]. This is a no brainer just need more moves, and I mean a lot. Maybe with finisher it can be like Day of Reckoning 2 where you can have a lot of finisher the only problem is its only 1 for a category. So you can't have two front finishers.

[b]More Matches[/b]. It was nice to have a couple of TNA's signature matches but we need more. Like King of the Mountain, Gauntlet (a gauntlet in TNA is like a royal rumble except you can also pin/submit someone to get rid of them), Steel Cage/Six sides of steel, ladder, Monster's Ball, fatal four way, 6 man tags, street fight single and tag matches, and maybe a steel asylum match. The matches from the first game should also be in this game as well.

[b]Story Mode/Season Mode[/b]I didn't mind the first one, just this needs to be brought back. This time let us choose a wrestler and the desicions we make throught the story.

[b]Grappling System[/b]. So we can do differnt moves instead of figuring out how to do differnt moves.

[b]Knockouts[/b]
It'd be nice to have women in the games

Thats the main things I'd like in. Just some stuff I wouldn't mind would be listed below

[b]Belts[/b]. Just to make the appearance look better and the ability to defend them. I wouldn't mind names to be on it.

Some game modes to keep us playing the game longer

[b]Minitrons[/b] yes TNA has them too. One next to the titantron and one on the ramps

[b]Create Titantrons[/b] Makes the appearance of the game/and created superstars even better.

Personally I thought the first game had nice animation and garbage gameplay. But I think it has potential, but they need to step it up in the CAW department and overall gameplay. We shouldn't be still comparing games to the games of 2000, but we are. Honestly when you go back and play No mercy or another game from that era, it has so much to it, that games like TNA impact lacked. I don't really understand why developers can't look at the past greatness and build upon it. I will give this game a chance though when its released.

[quote name='odyn1232' timestamp='1285348595' post='7587278']
Hall and Pac fired again. Guess that means no Band in this one.
Sorry to anyone excited for this one but my hopes have fallen. =(
[/quote]
They've been fired even before the post you posted above. I'm sure some caw makers could make them, and maybe they have a Band entrance, and some of Syxx Pac's and Scott Hall's moves in the game.

• 4 weeks later...
[/quote]
They are gonna be in the game Nash confirmed it

• 2 weeks later...
[/quote]

TNA Impact and TNA Impact Cross The Line have extremely outdated rosters. The Band has as much chance as anyone.

[b]I hope TNA does decide to release another Impact video game;

I'm a big fan of TNA's potential[more of the past;future and not current crap].

As far as the original Impact game, it was a good effort, but, felt rushed and very limited in what it could've done. The CAW wasn't very specific, the season mode was a horrible Day of Reckoning rip, and the roster wasn't nearly big enough for replay value.

As for what Impact got right, very little. The gameplay engine itself was decent, but, shouldn't have been so limited. By that, I mean 2 moves standing and one submission[which was all each character had besides sig & finisher]. The season was moderately entertaining for about 4 seconds before the "Suicide" thing tarnished it for me. I think the cartoony-type of wrestling sucks. They should've went with a TNA star related season and it might've been enjoyable. Hell, the end credits were more exciting and entertaining than the actual story mode. I say all of this constructively though, as I think the game has potential if done right.

If there is indeed another Impact, they need a more expansive game engine with more moves and possibilities. Ultimate X for example. Imagine an SVR11 type of possibility of moves with that game engine and the Ultimate X match. It boggles the mind as to why they wouldn't wanna exploit that. A better season/story mode is a given to make it more interesting. Doing the CAW all through is dated. Why not include the option to choose between CAW/TNA star mode? And on that subject, they definetely need a better Create-A-Wrestler mode. I hate that WCW Mayhem-esque vaguenesss to their system. Even if it means a longer delay and a major overhaul, TNA needs to take their time, refine their game, and then release.

If there is another TNA:Impact and it only mirrors the elder game with an updated roster, that will be a major disappointment and failure for TNA to realize their full gaming potential with the amazing roster they current have.

[/b]

• 3 weeks later...
Ok so I'm really hoping for some Knockouts. I didn't get the last game because they didn't have any (tbh the only reason why I pay attention to TNA is because of the Knockouts)
So I kinda made a prediction vid of the KO's that'll be in the game if KO's are included: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbVJKnB2uU4

:D

Archived