Tna Impact! 2011

Jack_Clark

Credit to Chris Johnson:
South Peak Games is currently in the early stages of working on TNA iMPACT! 2011 for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PS2. The game will be built off of the same engine as the original iMPACT!. Some new features will include the four sided ring (as well as six), an updated roster (projecting around 35 in all) and the edition of the Six Sides of Steel match. Look for it in spring 2011.

This should be interesting to see and an official topic should be made as WWE's games have future topics. Hopefully South Peak can use the engine but improve the game even more. The game wasn't bad so expect South Peak to make this game either 8.5 out of 10 worthy on game sites. Guys any ideas of what you'd like to see put in the game etc.

[b]Source: Wrestling Truth[/b]

Since they have six sides of steel and alternate rings we can expect lethal lockdown ... I hope they put the ECW guys in the game since that's the storyline now. It would be fun to play as the current Raven and beat the likes of Rob Terry,Lethal,Kaz etc.

Who I'd want/think would be in the 35 Roster:

Mens: (29)
Abyss
AJ Styles
Alex Shelly
Brian Kendrick
Chris Sabin
D'Angelo Dinero
Desmond Wolfe (Its going to be so cool to play as him)
Doug Williams
Eric Young
Hernandez
Homicide
Hulk Hogan (I assume he will be in the game)
James Storm
Jay Lethal
Jeff Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
Kaz
Kurt Angle
Matt Morgan
Mr. Anderson
Ric Flair (I could see him and Hogan just to sell the game more)
Rob Terry
RVD
Robert Roode
Samoa Joe
Shannon Moore
Sting
Team 3D (Another 2 spots)

Knockouts: (6)
Angelina Love
Daffney
Madison Rayne
Taylor Wilde
Sarita
Velvet Sky

[quote name='ECW Revolution' date='25 June 2010 - 10:06 AM' timestamp='1277474781' post='7372755']
i like the roster above but im hoping 4 hall nash nd 6 pac too. just to have them do stuff with hogan 4 the nwo
[/quote]

Yeah I doubt Hall and Pac would be in the game, I wanted to put Nash on the list but its hard with only 35 roster spots hopefully when they say "around" they mean a little more as when I first created the list I had to take out Amazing Red, Generation Me and Kevin Nash along with ECW members like Raven, Rhino ect...

[quote name='nWo_Kevin' date='25 June 2010 - 07:24 AM' timestamp='1277475862' post='7372780']
[quote name='ECW Revolution' date='25 June 2010 - 10:06 AM' timestamp='1277474781' post='7372755']
i like the roster above but im hoping 4 hall nash nd 6 pac too. just to have them do stuff with hogan 4 the nwo
[/quote]

Yeah I doubt Hall and Pac would be in the game, I wanted to put Nash on the list but its hard with only 35 roster spots hopefully when they say "around" they mean a little more as when I first created the list I had to take out Amazing Red, Generation Me and Kevin Nash along with ECW members like Raven, Rhino ect...
[/quote]
yeah they probably wont be in but maybe just to sell games but i hope ravens in too but i almost forgot they should have tommy. hes there new guy so ig we ll just have to see wut happens

[quote name='PGSucks' date='25 June 2010 - 09:09 AM' timestamp='1277478553' post='7372862']
Fingers crossed for improved caws.
[/quote]

South Peak are a good company they have good graphics but it's still a relatively new company. They made Velvet Assassin,Section 8 etc. So they know what to do with this series and they are going to skyrocket it forward.

[quote name='nWo_Kevin' date='25 June 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1277472391' post='7372705']

Abyss
AJ Styles
Alex Shelly
Brian Kendrick
Chris Sabin
D'Angelo Dinero
Doug Williams
Eric Young
Hernandez
Homicide
James Storm
Jay Lethal
Jeff Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
Kaz
Kurt Angle
Matt Morgan
Mr. Anderson
Rob Terry
RVD
Robert Roode
Samoa Joe
Shannon Moore
Sting

Angelina Love
Daffney
Madison Rayne
Taylor Wilde
Sarita
Velvet Sky
[/quote]

This roster is perfect. It has all the wrestlers and KOs that people would want, plus its a realistic size.

...If they included this roster, a bunch of new moves, and an improved CAW mode, the game would actually be pretty solid. I'd love to play a Lethal Lockdown match where you can fight on the top of the cage too.

Sounds pretty cool to me. I honestly never hate the first one. It was their first game and there was alot they could improve on,but i didnt find it as horrible as everyone else did. I thought it was entertaining and a good try at their first ever game

[quote name='nWo_Kevin' date='25 June 2010 - 08:26 AM' timestamp='1277472391' post='7372705']

Abyss
AJ Styles
Alex Shelly
Brian Kendrick
Chris Sabin
D'Angelo Dinero
Doug Williams
Eric Young
Hernandez
Homicide
James Storm
Jay Lethal
Jeff Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
Kaz
Kurt Angle
Matt Morgan
Mr. Anderson
Rob Terry
RVD
Robert Roode
Samoa Joe
Shannon Moore
Sting

Angelina Love
Daffney
Madison Rayne
Taylor Wilde
Sarita
Velvet Sky
[/quote]

If they don't have Knockouts... (The first game didn't)

TNA Legends (or alumni, whatever you want to call it.)
------------
Raven
Christopher Daniels
Ken Shamrock
Petey Williams
Scott Hall
Kevin Nash

Yeah Caws will help a lot for those left out, and while I hate paying for DLC I would actually consider an ECW DLC that would include people like Foley, Dr. Stevie, Raven, and Tommy Dreamer. That would be a good buy if the price was good.

Guest C. Dowds
Make the control scheme remain much the same.
Change "[i]Toward+...[/i]" and "[i]Away from+...[/i]" to "[i]Right+...[/i]" and "[i]Left+...[/i]" and so on.

Add in all the moves which were mo-capped but not added to the main game.
Add in more moves.
Add in more variety of moves.
Make eveyone's moveset unique.
Add in unique taunts.

Add in more weapons.
Add in more interactivity with the surroundings.
Allow us to roam the iMPACT Zone (Stage, Crowd, Backstage, etc.)
Add in a referee.

Update the roster, and add in more people.
Remove all fictional characters from the roster.

Add in more match types and gimmicks.
Add in more game modes.

Improve CAW mode in almost every way.
Allow us to view moves and entrances when selecting them.
Give us more than 4 CAW slots.

Add in the likes of [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi5adyccoKI"]euphoria[/url] and [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z734GXypSwk"]digital molecular matter (dmm)[/url] or [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCfSKe8KaAU"]havok destruction[/url] and more havok options.
([i]The links are to tech demos of each one[/i])

And, just so you know, I really liked the first game and believe it to be truly underrated, and that alot of people hate on it simply because, well, it is TNA.

But with these improvements, it would easily be much better than any WWE game ever made.

Here's a [url="http://forums.southpeakgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=229&p=393#p393"]link[/url]to Southpeak games forum page where they actually respond to your post.

Here's what I posted in the forum and I suggest you guys post there as well.

[quote]Hi Southpeak games my name is DCN! I just read recently today that you guys are going to be developing a new TNA game for the Next-Gen consoles and I just want to say thank you! I'm a member on caws.ws one of the biggest wrestling and gaming forum sites on the web, that's how I found out about the new wrestling game. Here is a link to the topic which I found out about and in that topic are plenty of other members ideas and opinions on what we can hopefully have in the next game!

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/373838-tna-impact-2011/

Well since I said that I wanna express some of my ideas that I hope make it into the next game.

[b]Create A Wrestler[/b]

I'm hoping for a revamped create a wrestler mode. In the first game it was alright but it lacked in a few areas.It felt like I was using the old WWF Attitude engine when I was creating my superstar except it was an updated version of it.I wanna be able to actually add depth to my character and be able to recreate TNA wrestlers of past and present and actually make them look like themselves instead of just putting pieces together and trying to mix and match pieces so they come close to resembling the wrestler were trying to recreate.

It would be nice to actually have a color graph were we can actually make our own colors instead of just having select colors we can choose from.Like I said about recreating TNA wrestlers it would be cool if we had those superstars attires so we can make perfect models of these TNA wrestlers.

And one last thing about the create a wrestler mode is please, please, please give us more than 5 slots.15 or 20 would be nice but please more than just 5!

[b]Season Mode[/b]

My next subject is the Story mode.In the first game we played as a wrestler named Suicide who lost his memory and was trying to become the top star in TNA once again. That was his story now let's us make are mark in the world of TNA give us the freedom to make are created wrestler a star in TNA and wear the gold around our waist.

I know this is something that hasn't been done in a long time but maybe for the story mode there can be different stories for different divisions.Say I use a created wrestler or a TNA wrestler and I wanna go for the TNA Global Championship that would be a story I would be able to select from the story main menu.And the same go for the Heavyweight, Knockout, Tag, Womans Tag, and X Division titles.

The way the story mode would work could be something like the sims.You would be able to go to locations at the arena like the locker room area, parking lot, knockouts locker room, GM's office, and backstage and you could interact with other TNA stars and can form bonds with people or become enemies with people.For instance you could gain a knockouts respect and then she would become your manager or you could gain the respect of another TNA superstar and the two of you could become tag partners(Mostly for the tag champion storymode).

[b]Movesets and other game mechanics[/b]

The next thing I wanna talk about are the movesets.In the last game we were limited to a limited amount of moves meaning that every superstar on the roster had the same moves. This was a real complaint from mostly all the TNA fans because really every superstar on the game was basically the same person only with different finishers. I know midway promised us over 1000 moves but all the gave us was 30 and we just had to stick with that, so the moveset is something that really needs to be improved.

Also with the movesets being fixed there also needs to be more finisher positions added to the game. For instance someone like Kurt Angle.He can do the Angle Slam from the front,back, and corner positions and from the lower body he can do the Angle lock.See what I mean it would be nice to have that option for a wrestler because in the first game all the wrestlers had 1 finisher when in reality most of the wrestlers in TNA have about 2 or 3 finishers.

Also it would be nice if we could actually be able reverse a finisher this time because in the first game you couldn't reverse it and the only way to escape was if you reversed your opponent from picking you up from the ground or you just rolled out of the ring and try to keep away from your opponent.Also the finishers should not automatically go to a pin only finishers that go straight to a pin after being performed i.e. The Styles Clash.

The pin system and A.I. mechanics need to be fixed as well.I would like to button mash to escape a pin instead of trying to break my analog stick by pressing it left and right. Rope breaks need to be added to the game as well.I just hated it when my foot was on the rope and the ref didn't call for a rope break.The A.I. needs a serious over haul in single and tag matches.I know it made a lot of people mad when they were getting pinned in a tag match and their partner did nothing but just stand there and watch.

[b]Online[/b]

The last thing that I wanna say is that I'm really hoping that the online is better than it was on the first game.We could only have one on one matches and we couldn't use are created superstars. I'm hoping for this game that we'll be able to have tag, triple threat, and fatal four way matches online and that we'll be able to use are created guys or knockouts online.

Well that's everything that I have to say on which I'm hoping will be in the next TNA game and please I hope you guys really listen to us fans because another company whose games we've been playing for years have always claimed that they listened to us when I really don't think that they do, but anyways just read what I posted and what some of the members on caws.ws are posting.

Thank you! [/quote]

[quote name='-AFI-' date='25 June 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1277516664' post='7373871']
I'm not holding my breath on this being any good. SouthPeak Games have made very lackluster games in the past, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
[/quote]

Section 8,Dementium, & The Two World series they have the ball as TNA was already made all they have to do is see where they faulted and play to that.

[quote name='Jack_Clark' date='25 June 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1277516972' post='7373881']
[quote name='-AFI-' date='25 June 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1277516664' post='7373871']
I'm not holding my breath on this being any good. SouthPeak Games have made very lackluster games in the past, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
[/quote]

Section 8,Dementium, & The Two World series they have the ball as TNA was already made all they have to do is see where they faulted and play to that.
[/quote]
Legendary, Brave: A Warrior's Tale, Raven Squad: Operation Hidden Dagger and X-Blades. Based upon their Metacritic scores, the majority of their games are around 50s. The idea that they're just improving on a previously made game is good, but the fact that its still SouthPeak is what I don't like.

Archived