Apparently my name is a swear word?

EDGEHEAD15

Why censor my username? Just because it's a play-on pun on my name, which happens to be Richard. Richard = Dick. The word isn't even censored on the flipping board, so why censor it with asterixes now? It's just plain dumb.

Other people have play-on words...just look at Brett's name- Jack Meoff. No offence to him at all, but why censor mine and not others, just because my nickname happens to be a word used to describe someone's genitals?

F*cking PG Caws. I want a proper answer too and not just a 'I HAS POWER. I DOES WATS I WANTS. LOLCLOSED' reply.

But, 1.) The word 'Dick' isn't even censored, 2.) It's not an insult to anyone and if it was, it'd be to myself, 3.) I'm sure that all the kids on this board know what most swear words are anyway.

It's just silly that my name is censored because a kid's gonna turn to his mother and say 'Mommy mommy, what's a Dickhead15? I've seen it on a website that is based around a game i'm not even allowed to play!'

¬_¬

[quote name='Vegeta-Nick' date='24 June 2010 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1277400482' post='7371087']
[quote name='Vegeta-Nick' date='24 June 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1277399155' post='7371043']
Vintage Caws MOD Team.. [img]http://i48.tinypic.com/2itn3mw.gif[/img]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Alright, we didn't laugh the first time.

Might aswell censor his entire name as "head" is sucking dick. You're not even censoring dick in posts, why names?

Yes, dick is slag for male genitalia. But it's not the word that's bad, it's the way it's used. I could change my name to Señor PorkSword or Dr.Man-banana, it'd mean the exact same thing as what was censored in his name. We're not even allowed to use the medical terms (P & V). Why are you censoring words on a site aimed for games that aren't even PG? Keep the F-word censored, uncensor everything else.

What are you gonna do if we get an asian member named Wang?

[quote name='D***HEAD15' date='24 June 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1277400543' post='7371089']
[quote name='Vegeta-Nick' date='24 June 2010 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1277400482' post='7371087']
[quote name='Vegeta-Nick' date='24 June 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1277399155' post='7371043']
Vintage Caws MOD Team.. [img]http://i48.tinypic.com/2itn3mw.gif[/img]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Alright, we didn't laugh the first time.
[/quote]
[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/2itn3mw.gif[/img]

[quote name='Sarcastic.' date='24 June 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1277402193' post='7371140']
Dick Head would be a name, short for Richard Head. Dickhead clearly is not.
[/quote]

Actually, it was a play-on to my former name, which used to be EDGEHEAD15. My friend Shaun then suggested that since my name's Richard i should change it to Dickhead15, just as a joke. I'm not insulting anyone anyway, it's just a play on my old username and real life name.

And i agree with Mustacio. Like i said, why put censoring on a site for non-PG games? It's like the Official Playstation magazine censoring EVERY swearword, just because some 13 year old's going to convince his dad to buy him the magazine.

[quote name='D***HEAD15' date='24 June 2010 - 08:05 PM' timestamp='1277406340' post='7371292']
Where's all the moderators at? I really do want an answer and not just a one-line blag.
[/quote]

Their having a moderators picnic.

[quote name='Neg Crepe' date='24 June 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1277406770' post='7371306']
Its obvious why its censored.
[/quote]

Of course it's obvious WHY it's been censored. I just want to know why it HAS to be censored. It's not exactly harming anyone and tbh, most swearwords should be uncensored anyway. They've already uncensored words like shit and i'd say that's a worse swearword than Dick.

Archived