2 former ECW names backstage at Impact

Bronson

[quote]ProWrestling.net is reporting that former ECW stars Raven and Stevie Richards are backstage at the Impact tapings today in Orlando. Speculation is that with the TNA debut of Tommy Dreamer at Slammiversary, TNA might be teaming him with Richards and Raven to form some kind of ECW group. One possible idea that was discussed in the past saw the group being called "EV2," which stands for "Extreme Version 2."
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/spoiler-2-former-ecw-names-backstage-at-impact-today-104589[/quote]

[quote name='Philiam E. Fancyson' date='15 June 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1276633636' post='7353121']
^ He can't wrestle worth a damn anymore, so hell no.
[/quote]
They have Rob Terry as Global champion, I don't think wrestling matters too much, especially since Raven can still put on a good hardcore match, has great in-ring psychology and cuts some of the best promos you'll ever see.

[quote name='Philiam E. Fancyson' date='15 June 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1276634006' post='7353143']
That's because Terry, despite being a generic hoss, actually has a future and hasn't demolished his body with drugs. Yeah Raven can talk, but what's he gonna do? Be Dreamer's manager or even Richards' manager? No thanks.
[/quote]
Maybe he could wrestle. It's not as if he needs to put on age-long matches, and the last time he returned to TNA he wasn't that bad and could still work a match.

He could barely work a match, he was rarely seen, he was one of those guys who got put into tag team matches, then some kind of interference occurred and he'd disappear. As long as Dreamer and Richards carry most of the workload, with Raven on the mic, and possibly add Rhino to the group, this may be quite interesting.

[quote name='Philiam E. Fancyson' date='15 June 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1276634652' post='7353165']
There's the problem: He [i]could[/i] wrestle. Like Hall, age and substance abuse has kicked the hell out his wrestling ability. I'll give Raven credit for cleaning himself up and at least making an attempt to shake off the ring rust, but you can only fight age for so long.
[/quote]

it wasnt substance abuse that made him cant wrestle anymore it his medical condition

[quote name='Philiam E. Fancyson' date='15 June 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1276634652' post='7353165']
There's the problem: He [i]could[/i] wrestle. Like Hall, age and substance abuse has kicked the hell out his wrestling ability. I'll give Raven credit for cleaning himself up and at least making an attempt to shake off the ring rust, but you can only fight age for so long.
[/quote]

it wasnt substance abuse that made him cant wrestle anymore it his medical condition

[quote name='austin3035' date='15 June 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1276635252' post='7353194']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah, which was originally [i]caused[/i] by said substance abuse.

[quote name='austin3035' date='15 June 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1276635265' post='7353196']
[/quote]

it [b]wasnt substance abuse[/b] that made him cant wrestle anymore it his [b]medical condition[/b]
[/quote]
[img]http://marijuanacannabis.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/medical-marijuana.jpg[/img]
Yeah. He had an excuse bro.

In efeds I promoed as Raven and always did good based on the fact of the drugs and trying to get sober etc. Also this faction is the change as Dreamer said in an interveiw CHANGE IS COMING TO TNA tha'ts the stable this is the big surprise TNA taking to a level of EXTREME !!! Plus Brutus Magnus is back on TNA tv god is working over time lol

In efeds I promoed as Raven and always did good based on the fact of the drugs and trying to get sober etc. Also this faction is the change as Dreamer said in an interveiw CHANGE IS COMING TO TNA tha'ts the stable this is the big surprise TNA taking to a level of EXTREME !!! Plus Brutus Magnus is back on TNA tv god is working over time lol

- Raven actually still entertains me. He's a terrible wrestler, but he cuts epic promos and has gory matches to make up for that.

- Meh. Tommy Dreamer can go either way for me. I liked him in the original ECW where he belonged, but I couldn't help but hate him in the WWE. Without flaming tables and thumbtacks he seemed terrible. I liked his "average joe" type gimmick while he was ECW champ though.

- Steven Richards is amazing. Dr. Stevie wasn't even that bad of a character surprisingly, but the crappy Abyss character ruined his storylines for me. I wish someone out there would just let this guy have a few more real matches where he can pull out all the stops. He should have hit the big time a long time ago. Vastly underrated.

^^ I like those guys, but I'd rather they just focus on homegrown TNA talent. Besides, I can't see an ECW storyline working out very well. We've seen that like a thousand times.

Im sick and tired of ECW. The name has just been gang banged through out the years so much that it's washed up. How much reunions are we going to see? Atleast when WCW is mentioned you still get that "originality" feeling because no one has tampered with the name. I think they should have just left it alone all together after ONS2005. When the years 2020 comes around and if wrestling is still around I pray to god that these guys are not still trying to let the ECW name live on because if so I'm gonna laugh my ass off. Pathetic.

Raven, Dreamer, and the Dudleys should form an old school ECW faction. The WWE version of ECW was a disgrace, and they deserve a better send off. Taz could be in the group as a mouthpiece. Get Sandman, Shane Douglas, and Sabu in TNA to join them, too. Call them something like "Extreme Team" and have them be a heel group. They could try to get babyface RVD to join, but he would constantly turn them down. The angle pretty much writes itself.

[quote name='WWE WrestleFest' date='16 June 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1276707993' post='7354615']
Raven, Dreamer, and the Dudleys should form an old school ECW faction. The WWE version of ECW was a disgrace, and they deserve a better send off. Taz could be in the group as a mouthpiece. Get Sandman, Shane Douglas, and Sabu in TNA to join them, too. Call them something like "Extreme Team" and have them be a heel group. They could try to get babyface RVD to join, but he would constantly turn them down. The angle pretty much writes itself.
[/quote]

How much times have they tried to do a send off? They're all meth head junkies anyways.

Archived