MMA fighters in pro wrestling

After reading that Rampage Jackson is set to appear on Raw in a few weeks as a guest host and MMA fighters such as Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn having runs in the pro wrestling business while former pro wrestlers like Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley trying to leave their mark on the MMA world, I started to think about some possibilities regarding fighters and wrestlers. This are simple questions: Which MMA fighter(s) could fit or do well in pro wrestling? OR Which pro wrestler(s) could hold their own in MMA?

Well if Kurt was a bit younger he could do ok in MMA. Maybe not the Brock amount of sucess but he would do ok. I think most MMA fighters who know a good amount of wrestling would do good. Ken and Dan mostly wrestled more MMA style stuff since that was how they were booked. I really dont see any wrestlers that would do amazing like Brock did.

Fighters who could transition of wrestling:

Krazy Horse
Rampage
Tito
Mayhem
Baroni
Minowa
Wes Sims
Sapp
Frank Shamrock
Bas
Kimo
Trigg

Coleman, Randleman, and Kerr have all wrestled professional wrestling matches.

With a proper work ethic and training there's several wrestlers who could particpate in MMA and do ok, however I can't see anyone competing at a high enough where there at least fighting on at least a 2nd tier MMA card. Shelton Benjamin, being an All American in wrestling, would come the closest.

I don't have any specific thoughts on who could make that career change...but I do think that it's much harder for an MMA fighter to do what pro wrestlers do, than it is for a wrestler to become an MMA fighter. Fighting is a natural thing. You need to learn how to do it a lot more efficiently if you wish to do it professionally, but for an MMA fighter to become a pro wrestler, they need to adapt to the travel, have a personality, and be safe with themselves, and others.

I don't see any pro wrestlers currently that could be a high level fighter, but some might be able to make an above average career, the only one coming to mine is Shelton Benjamin because of his previous wrestling experience.

If Angle had gone into MMA instead of Pro Wrestling then he would probably have been one of the best in MMA's short history. His wrestling is phenomenal. An Olympic Gold is on another level to a National Wrestling Championship in the states.

[quote name='LGD' date='03 June 2010 - 09:12 AM' timestamp='1275570745' post='7326690']
If Angle had gone into MMA instead of Pro Wrestling then he would probably have been one of the best in MMA's short history. His wrestling is phenomenal. An Olympic Gold is on another level to a National Wrestling Championship in the states.
[/quote]
I agree. Dan Henderson is a former Olympian himself and Kurt beat Randy Couture to make the cut for the US wrestling team for the 1996 Olympics at Atlanta so he has a really good wrestling game. If his neck wasn't as damaged as it is and if he gets a good boxing coach, he could have been a force in MMA.

On other topic involving the discussion...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KrvlAUk-wY[/youtube]

Mirko Cro Cop in HUSTLE.

[quote name='Reverse DVD' date='03 June 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1275580723' post='7326903']
[quote name='LGD' date='03 June 2010 - 09:12 AM' timestamp='1275570745' post='7326690']
[/quote]
I agree. Dan Henderson is a former Olympian himself and Kurt beat Randy Couture to make the cut for the US wrestling team for the 1996 Olympics at Atlanta so he has a really good wrestling game. If his neck wasn't as damaged as it is and if he gets a good boxing coach, he could have been a force in MMA.

On other topic involving the discussion...

Mirko Cro Cop in HUSTLE.
[/quote]
Cro Cop would be a sick monster type character. legit.

[quote name='JourneyManProject' date='07 June 2010 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1275895265' post='7333848']
Does no one remember Daniel Puder?
[/quote]
Yeah, what about him, I know he's an MMA fighter, he was undefeated last time I checked.

[quote name='LGD' date='07 June 2010 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1275923130' post='7334246']
[quote name='JourneyManProject' date='07 June 2010 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1275895265' post='7333848']
Does no one remember Daniel Puder?
[/quote]
Yeah, what about him, I know he's an MMA fighter, he was undefeated last time I checked.
[/quote]

And he was a wrestler and MMA fighter at the same time. Just though I'd remind people of another person that has done both like Shamrock. :rolleyes:

And I wish Mirko would wrestle.

[quote name='The00Raven00Effect' date='07 June 2010 - 03:54 AM' timestamp='1275897283' post='7333865']
[quote name='Reverse DVD' date='03 June 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1275580723' post='7326903']

Mirko Cro Cop in HUSTLE.
[/quote]
Cro Cop would be a sick monster type character. legit.
[/quote]
Cro Cop could be a good hitman kind of wrestler, but he looks like such a good guy that it could flaw.

For me the one of the MMA guys that could go into wrestling and i love is everyones best friend and Chute Boxe alumni Charles 'Krazy Horse' Bennett he has charisma to burn.

As for wrestlers going into MMA then maybe someone like Vladimir Kozlov due to him being a Sambo champion and having some judo & kickboxing experience.

Hmm, MMA to Wrestling? I'm unfamiliar with the MMA area as a whole, so I can't really say. I mean heck, the last guy I remember being in both wrestlign and MMA, aside from those mentioned, was Tank Abbott.

Now, Wrestling to MMA, Taker, if he were just a tad younger, Angle, Joe, Kozlov, and if I need a laugh, Big Show. Let's face it, no amount of attempted tackels or single-legs are gonna work if Show legit punches you in the face. No offence to the MMA guys.

[quote]For me the one of the MMA guys that could go into wrestling and i love is everyones best friend and Chute Boxe alumni Charles 'Krazy Horse' Bennett he has charisma to burn.[/quote]

Krazy Horse wasn't with Chute Box. In fact he was involved in a locker room brawl with them before and was choked out.

[quote]Let's face it, no amount of attempted tackels or single-legs are gonna work if Show legit punches you in the face. No offence to the MMA guys. [/quote]

Big Show may be strong, but he'd be far too slow. His size doesn't matter. Minowa *a natural middleweight who weighed in the fight probably around 205) put Hong-Man (who weighs around 220). A wrestler like Lesnar or Cain would have him on his ass anytime they wanted to take him down.

I completely forgot about Swagger. Swagger is an All American wrestler. To those curious - Cain, Phil Davis, C.B. Dollaway, and Ryan Bader all competed in the 2006 NCAA Championships. Davis and Dollaway wee in the same division, as was Cain and Swagger. Also to those curious - Shelton Benjamin was a 2 time All American at heavyweight after graduating joined the team as an assistant to help coach Lesnar. Lesnar in turn was a 2 time All American and was a runner up (lost to Steven Neal who played football for the Patriots) and won the next year. Kurt Angle was a 3 time All American at heavyweight ('90, '91, '92), winning two and being the runner up in another. Sylvester Terkay competed in the '91 and '92 championships and being a runner-up to Angle in '92. Kevin Randleman competed in '91 and '92, winning in '92. Randy Couture competed in '90, '91, and '92. Couture was a runner-up in '92 losing to Mark Kerr in the finals. Surprisingly Couture and Kerr both competed in a weight division below Angle.

[quote name='Southern Comfort' date='08 June 2010 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1275990084' post='7336570']
[quote]For me the one of the MMA guys that could go into wrestling and i love is everyones best friend and Chute Boxe alumni Charles 'Krazy Horse' Bennett he has charisma to burn.[/quote]

Krazy Horse wasn't with Chute Box. In fact he was involved in a locker room brawl with them before and was choked out.

[/quote]

DUH!!!!!! Sarcasm my friend sarcasm

And might i add it was very suspicious that he was choked out athough there is footage it is Shite Boxe footage and has been edited heavily in parts to make them look good it wouldnt do to have one of their camp look bad would it.

Example one is when KH is sitting down then all of a sudden the camera cuts to him attacking Marcelo a little sus then example two KH is on top camera look at ground cuts back to KH being choked out VERY SUS. We only see the footage that make Shite Box look good.

But anyways back on topic, Krazy Horse is pro wrestling all over all the drama charisma and pure clowning.

[quote name='.Joel' date='28 May 2010 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1275077390' post='7316956']
Rampage would actually make an excellent killer heel.
[/quote]
Ya and i think Samoa JOe (Maybe, prob not) and i would like to see Bryan Danielson give it a try

Archived