Greatest Superstar To Have Never Been Triple Crown or Grand Slam Champion?

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.
I know there have been many topics in the past about who's the greatest superstar to have never held a world title, but this is a little different. I was watching the Greatest Stars of the 90s DVD (which is really great, btw) and noticed The Undertaker has never held the Intercontinental nor the United States Championship. That really shocked me, I mean The Undertaker has been a former Royal Rumble winner (the first to win at #30), a former Hardcore Champion, a multiple time Tag Team and World Champion, and a 18-0 undefeated streak at WrestleMania. The Undertaker has pretty much done it all, but he has never held a Intercontinental or United States Championship?

After I read this, I started to think what other great superstars have been world champion but have never held that one tag team title or midcard title to become triple crown champion? Another big name that comes to mind is Dave Batista. He was traded to RAW about a year after his debut and became Tag Team Champion with Ric Flair as part of Evolution, but most recently in 2006 with Rey Mysterio and again in 2008 with John Cena. But after he left Evolution and winning the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 21, he pretty much has stayed in the main event scene. So who do you think is the greatest superstar to have never been triple crown or grand slam champion?

[quote name='Attitude Adjusted' date='08 April 2010 - 07:13 AM' timestamp='1270736039' post='7212626']
I can't believe Undertaker isn't one. Batista and [b]John Cena[/b] aren't either.
[/quote]
John Cena was United States Champion. How can you forget that spinner? I actually liked that one. :P

[quote name='Be Awesomeâ„¢' date='09 April 2010 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1270736224' post='7212635']
[quote name='Attitude Adjusted' date='08 April 2010 - 07:13 AM' timestamp='1270736039' post='7212626']
I can't believe Undertaker isn't one. Batista and [b]John Cena[/b] aren't either.
[/quote]
John Cena was United States Champion. How can you forget that spinner? I actually liked that one. :P
[/quote]
I thought US Title doesn't count?

[quote name='Be Awesomeâ„¢' date='08 April 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1270736224' post='7212635']
[/quote]
[/quote]
They don't consider the United States Title. Only the Intercontinental Championship..

[quote name='Be Awesomeâ„¢' date='08 April 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1270736314' post='7212643']
[quote name='Christopherby.' date='08 April 2010 - 07:18 AM' timestamp='1270736282' post='7212640']
[quote name='Be Awesomeâ„¢' date='09 April 2010 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1270736224' post='7212635']
[/quote]
[/quote]
I thought US Title doesn't count?
[/quote]
Yeah, it does. As long as it's a midcard title in the WWE.
[/quote]
No... They don't count the U.S Title...

[quote name='Be Awesomeâ„¢' date='08 April 2010 - 07:18 AM' timestamp='1270736314' post='7212643']
Oh, forget it then. Never knew that tbh.
[/quote]

[b][quote name='LGD' date='08 April 2010 - 07:22 AM' timestamp='1270736564' post='7212657']
I thought grandslam doesn't exist anymore because there is no European title.[/b]

As for triple crown I thought any combination of a midcard, tag and world title counted.
[/quote]
Yeah, there isn't anymore. But there is in TNA now that they have the Legends/Global Championship.

Shelton Benjamnin, William Regal, Christian and Goldust need an world title to become one.

Undertaker, John Cena, The Big Show and Batista need a intercontinental title to become one.

[quote name='Muur' date='08 April 2010 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1270736869' post='7212671']
Shelton Benjamnin, William Regal, Christian and Goldust need an world title to become one.

Undertaker, John Cena, The Big Show and Batista need a intercontinental title to become one.
[/quote]
Christian seems like he's the only one listed that has a great shot at it. Sorta shocking that Punk and Jeff Hardy are triple crown before Undertaker or Cena, and neither look like they will become one. I thought Show was IC champ at one point? Morrison only needs the World title as well.

[quote name='WWGD?' date='09 April 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1270742589' post='7212879']
[quote name='Muur' date='08 April 2010 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1270736869' post='7212671']

[/quote]
Christian seems like he's the only one listed that has a great shot at it. Sorta shocking that Punk and Jeff Hardy are triple crown before Undertaker or Cena, and neither look like they will become one. I thought Show was IC champ at one point? Morrison only needs the World title as well.
[/quote]
John Cena, Batista and Undertaker obviously doesn't have any chance at all anymore.

And no, Big Show wasn't IC champ. He was US champ tho.

[quote name='Attitude Adjusted' date='08 April 2010 - 11:05 AM' timestamp='1270742743' post='7212886']
[quote name='WWGD?' date='09 April 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1270742589' post='7212879']

[/quote]
[/quote]
John Cena, Batista and Undertaker obviously doesn't have any chance at all anymore.
[/quote]
I know that o_O. Wow Jeff Hardy is a Grand Slam Champion and Taker won't ever be Triple Crown..what's that tell you about hoq prestigious it really is to have that?

[quote name='Aleister' date='08 April 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1270749687' post='7213128']
Was Eddie a Grand Slam Champion? Also, what's the difference between, "Grand Slam" and "Triple Crown"? Is Triple Crown just for NWA/TNA?[/quote]

Yes Eddie was.

To be a Triple Crown Champion you need:

World Heavyweight or WWE
Intercontinental
World Tag Team or WWE Tag Team (obviously both are Unified now)

To be a Grand Slam Champion you need:

World Heavyweight or WWE
Intercontinental
European or Hardcore (obviously the people who haven't won the European or Hardcore can't become a Grand Slam now)
World Tag Team or WWE Tag Team (obviously both are Unified now)

The following are one championship away from being Triple Crown Champions:

Batista (Intercontinental)
Big Show (Intercontinental)
Carlito (World Heavyweight or WWE)
Christian (World Heavyweight or WWE)
Goldust (World Heavyweight or WWE)
John Cena (Intercontinental)
John Morrison (World Heavyweight or WWE)
Kofi Kingston (World Heavyweight or WWE)
Shelton Benjamin (World Heavyweight or WWE)
Undertaker (Intercontinental)
William Regal (World Heavyweight or WWE)

Big Show, Christian, Goldust, Undertaker and William Regal will also become Grand Slam Champions if they win the whatever title they need, Matt Hardy can still be Grand Slam/Triple Crown Champion but he needs the Intercontinental and either the World Heavyweight or WWE Championships.

Archived