Your Next......For A Push Just Like Goldberg Himself!

Beardd

Before anyone says anything...I am not comparing the man himself, character he portrays and way he wrestles to Goldberg, but only the style in which he is being pushed. Bischoff and Hogan are both from WCW, and experienced how well the push can work so why not?

When Goldberg debuted, he was undefeated, but not just that....He won all his matches very quickly no matter if the opponent was a jobber, or a bit up the card. While Terry did not have the same start as Goldberg per say, his current push does shed some resemblance. No matter if its Williams, Magnus or someone bigger like Tomko, Terry has easily run through with within a few minutes. Sure, it also hides the fact his experience level may not be high, but I have a feeling it is what they going for with him having that kind of big push. The commentators have hyped the Global belt as the final stepping stone before the world title, and they have said "Imagine Terry as the world champion", and while I don't see that happening any time soon, I think I can picture him being unstoppable for a long, long while after this. That title is not leaving his waist anytime in the next few months...

Anybody think they might possibly be going in this direction with the push of Terry, or is it just me?

[quote name='Sandman!â„¢' date='27 March 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1269713993' post='7177611']
I want them to push Rob Terry, he's awesome :P,
its a shame he isn't used every week as he should be.
[/quote]

You're serious?

[quote name='Victory.' date='27 March 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1269714070' post='7177615']
[quote name='Sandman!â„¢' date='27 March 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1269713993' post='7177611']
[/quote]

You're serious?
[/quote]

they guys welsh, that or for some weird reason he has the welsh flag as his pic, of corse he's going to say that

The guy is starting to grow on me but he is not ready to get to the big time just yet, theres still people that are heading to the main event before him IMO guys like Morgan (easily could be in the ME already), Hernandez (same as morgan), Dinero (getting there), Mr Kennedy (looks like this fued with angle will push the hell outta him), Wolfe (AJ's biatch but i do see him turning soon) and Abyss (Hogans big brother by -20 odd years haha)

[quote name='Victory.' date='27 March 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1269714070' post='7177615']
[/quote]

You're serious?
[/quote]
yes

[quote name='Sandman!â„¢' date='27 March 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1269723038' post='7177934']
[/quote]

You're serious?
[/quote]
yes
[/quote]

He's Welsh, duh. I'm English and always root for Regal (at least most of the time), and the Hart Dynasty ('cos of DH Smith) and always rooted for Davey Boy Smith, who I wish was still with us - R.I.P.

[quote name='LunchBoX' date='27 March 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1269736864' post='7178617']
Terry's a tool. Every single wrestler on the roster is better than him. Give someone with talent like Hernandez that push.
[/quote]

This. Although his Roundhouse kick is impressive for a man his size.

[quote name='LunchBoX' date='28 March 2010 - 01:41 AM' timestamp='1269736864' post='7178617']
Terry's a tool. Every single wrestler on the roster is better than him. Give someone with talent like Hernandez that push.
[/quote]
Never liked Hernandez outisde of LAX. Would rather Desmond Wolfe got the push. (Possibly because I'm British :hqhq: )

But if any big guy should get a push, it should be Matt Morgan. He's just too entertaining to not give him a push.

[quote name='SHUGGZY' date='27 March 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1269739761' post='7178755']
[quote name='LunchBoX' date='28 March 2010 - 01:41 AM' timestamp='1269736864' post='7178617']
[/quote]
Never liked Hernandez outisde of LAX. Would rather Desmond Wolfe got the push. (Possibly because I'm British :hqhq: )

But if any big guy should get a push, it should be Matt Morgan. He's just too entertaining to not give him a push.
[/quote]
I like Morgan but it seems hes got no direction, which isn't his fault but it seems one month hes a face, the next and heel than back to face which is just annoying in general.

First and foremost, i'm Irish. But do i root for Finley? No. I think he's a decent wrestler but if there's someone in the ring who i like more i'll root for them (face or heel). Moving on;

From what i know about Rob Terry, he went to Team 3D's wrestling school. He's defiantly a little wet behind the ears but i think being in the company for so long with TBI has given him alot of insight to the workings of the ring. Do i see this many getting to hold the TNA Heavyweight title at one point in the future? Hell yeah. I'm not going to say he's Goldberg or Hitman or Edge, but he's as potential as Matt Morgan (which truely is a shame he hasn't had more title matches since Hogan/Eric Era). Will he hold the title soon? F*CK NO!!! He's still "begining" i'd like to say, in the pro circuit. Mabye after a year or two he'll have the title belt but that's only if he last that long. Or they could pull a Jack Swagger or Sheamus and make him top dog in a few months. If he's able to have good matches with top guys THEN mabye but otherwise i'm looking at 2011 for a title reign. HE IS NOT GOING TO BE WHAT ENDS EXISTANCE IN 2012 (freaking gypsy and astronomers)

[quote name='Victory.' date='28 March 2010 - 02:12 AM' timestamp='1269738724' post='7178705']
[quote name='LunchBoX' date='27 March 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1269736864' post='7178617']
[/quote]

This. Although his Roundhouse kick is impressive for a man his size.
[/quote]

Pfft... My roundhouse kick > Rob Terry's.

And no, I am not posting any videos of me doing one, there's none filmed anyway.

I actually enjoy most of Rob Terry's work up to this point. I actually see some potential in there. I don't know if they'll make him go on a huge run a la Goldberg, not even sure if I see him becoming a World Champion but it's definitely and interesting point to ponder.

Edit: I just read over this. I need to clarify. I enjoyed Rob Terry's work for a big man. There is potential for him as a big man. Although, I have a tendency to not hold big men in high regard. He still is very very raw, yet is agile enough to show me some potential (from the few matches I've seen). I'm not saying he's Samoa Joe here. That would just be stupid.

Remember that Rob Terry is still training at Team 3D's school, so of course he isn't going to be putting on memorable matches. Having the Global Championship on him and having him squash Tomko, really shows that the people inside TNA see something in him. I for one am not a big fan of his, but I don't disagree with him getting a push either. I think TNA needs to build up Jesse Neal as well, as I see both he and Rob Terry becoming big parts of TNA sometime in the future.

Would I push him before Matt Morgan, D'Angelo Deniro, Desmond Wolfe, Mr. Anderson and so on? No, but give or take a few more years of training and Rob Terry could very well be TNA's trademark Powerhouse, and a contender for the TNA World Championship.

The fact that he can pull off that spin kick despite his size has not only impressed me, but also adds weight to the Goldberg comparison (since Goldy pulled off a superkick easily despite his size). If he ditches that dumb haircut and adopts a better finisher, I might be inclined to see him in a more positive light, but as long as he's Global Champ at his current stage (i.e. being very limited in every aspect of being a wrestler), I'm not keen on him being pushed this much.

[quote name='That Young KnockOut Fan' date='29 March 2010 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1269874265' post='7183089']
[quote name='Eric Bitchoff' date='28 March 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1269795871' post='7180025']
Rob Terry = TNA's Batista. and no, that's [b]not[/b] good.
[/quote]
Batista wishing he could spin kick someone like Big Rob
[/quote]
Rob Terry wishes he was as over as Batista

Archived