Something I never understood...

Matt Haze

I've been playing SvR 2006 lately (waiting for Gamefly to send me 2010 again) and theres just one thing I dont and never will understand. Why did Yukes make like 30 some brand spanking new moves but not one of them re-appeared in 2007? Not ONE of them. Firemans carry, fishermans suplex, running neckbreaker, brain damage...the 3 or 4 close diving attacks.

They were all pretty damn awesome and looked amazingly fluid, but didnt return in SvR 2007. Now what was the point of spending all that time capturing stuff they just remove? Doesnt make much sense. Actually, it makes ZERO sense. Seeing as though they were some good damn moves too.

Did/is anyone angry over this? I know I would have loved to still have Brain Damage in.

what makes even less sense is that they are still on the disc. Just not avaliable to on the menus. I think it's THQ/Yukes not realising that it's missing half of the movesets on the disc. Or that WWE told them to remove the more, and they didn't actually delete them off the disc, just remove them from the menus.

Many of these moves can be hacked in via gameshark or equivilant. Strange to see these moves in SvR 2010, yet never actually been chooseable since like, 06.

[quote name='eMasson' date='25 February 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1267132304' post='7113563']
what makes even less sense is that they are still on the disc. Just not avaliable to on the menus. I think it's THQ/Yukes not realising that it's missing half of the movesets on the disc. Or that WWE told them to remove the more, and they didn't actually delete them off the disc, just remove them from the menus.

Many of these moves can be hacked in via gameshark or equivilant. Strange to see these moves in SvR 2010, yet never actually been chooseable since like, 06.
[/quote]

Really? They were still in the game? I remember reading a topic over at codeX about how all the moves froze the game when trying to use them via hacking.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='GODstandard' date='11 March 2010 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1268344393' post='7145138']
Brain Damage was Danny Basham's finisher and he wasnt in the next game. But yes I hate when they remove moves for no reason...
[/quote]
Correct but it was also a chokebomb if they can rename F-5 and keep it why not Brain Damage?

• 1 month later...
I also wish they wouldn't of removed alot of other good moves like Shawn's SCM from Smackdown 2, Hogans leg drop (come on they keep removing it and its annoying), the 3rd Tombstone from Here Comes The Pain, many of the powerbombs from Here Comes the Pain and SvR 06, the Canadian Backbreaker, 3D, Doomsday Device, and many many more, but yeah alot of great moves we wont see anymore.

Archived