2 Superstars frustrated in TNA.

FrostOutside

Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch
Beer Money, Inc. — James Storm and Robert Roode — have been expressing their frustration to people backstage after they received word that TNA creative director Vince Russo said he didn't see them as top stars. Actually, Russo said that they were expendable, but a source notes that he may have been trying to send the outspoken Storm a message.

Storm was said to be very upset with Beer Money, Inc.'s limited role on the live Monday Night iMPACT! on Jan. 4. In one scene, they were shown shaking hands with Ric Flair upon his arrival to the Impact! Zone. Later that night, they were shown selling a beat down from an unidentified assailant.

It should be noted that there is no noticeable friction between the duo and Russo as observers say they get along fine backstage.

I hope they don't get fired.

[quote name='JH Punk1996' date='09 February 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1265678313' post='7071983']
Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch
Beer Money, Inc. — James Storm and Robert Roode — have been expressing their frustration to people backstage after they received word that TNA creative director Vince Russo said he didn't see them as top stars. Actually, Russo said that they were expendable, but a source notes that he may have been trying to send the outspoken Storm a message.

Storm was said to be very upset with Beer Money, Inc.'s limited role on the live Monday Night iMPACT! on Jan. 4. In one scene, they were shown shaking hands with Ric Flair upon his arrival to the Impact! Zone. Later that night, they were shown selling a beat down from an unidentified assailant.

It should be noted that there is no noticeable friction between the duo and Russo as observers say they get along fine backstage.

[u]I hope they don't get fired.[/u]
[/quote]
Same here i see them both as world champs one day

How are Beer Money "Expendable"? They're the top tag team in the company next to The Dudley Boys. If this keeps up, they'll end up released from the company, IDK where James Storm will go, but I think WWE was interested in Robert Roode, he seems like he can do well in WWE.

[quote name='SIMPLY-AWESOME' date='08 February 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1265679707' post='7072020']
[indent]TNA is turning into a big mess, thanks Hogan. :rolleyes: [/indent]
[/quote]

Hogan has nothing to do with this, Vince Russo made that claim about Beer Money, which is why they're unhappy.

[quote name='Victory.' date='09 February 2010 - 02:05 AM' timestamp='1265681150' post='7072057']
[quote name='SIMPLY-AWESOME' date='08 February 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1265679707' post='7072020']
[/quote]

Hogan has nothing to do with this, Vince Russo made that claim about Beer Money, which is why they're unhappy.
[/quote]

Yes, but they were used much better when Hogan was not around. I don't think they have even been on IMPACT the last three weeks...

Just give them the belts. :hqhq: Well, they just need a feud. What are Hernandez & Matt Morgan doing?

btw, TNA don't have superstars, they have wrestlers. Superstars is a WWE term.

[quote name='Respect The Ring' date='08 February 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1265684089' post='7072223']
[quote name='Victory.' date='09 February 2010 - 02:05 AM' timestamp='1265681150' post='7072057']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but they were used much better when Hogan was not around. I don't think they have even been on IMPACT the last three weeks...
[/quote]

Again, in terms of the report, and what Roode and Storm are actually upset about, Hogan has nothing to do with this. They're upset about being seen as expendable and not worthy of a top spot, which RUSSO said...This was first reported on the same day as the Live Impact from the January 4th and it simmered down and wasn't heard again until now, so if this source reported this before before that event, then this still has nothing to do with Hogan.

[quote name='acidfrehley' date='10 February 2010 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1265808088' post='7074990']
They're not the best team of TNA, [b]they are the best team on wrestling today[/b]. Getting rid of them would be, imo, the dumbest move by Hogan on TNA so far.
[/quote]

The Briscoe Brothers would tend to disagree, as well as I.

Beer Money are a fantastic team, in pretty much every sense of the phrase. They have unique and interesting gimmicks, they have the support of the fans, whether they're face or heel, they have great chemistry and are great in the ring being able to work both straight wrestling or gimmick matches. Beer Money can fill any space on the card, even in the main event (as a tag team, or even working as singles competitiors). Beer Money Inc. are one of the most versatile entities in TNA, full stop. Hogan would be daft to get rid of them, even if they don't recieve a huge push to be top stars.

[quote name='TSC Wrestling' date='10 February 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1265837334' post='7075775']
I hope things get straightened out. These guys are ultra talented. They'll never make it in WWE. If McMahon doesn't see Christian as a star, then what chances do Roode and Storm have there?
[/quote]

Actually, I really think Roode would make it. Christian has done well for himself since coming back, and he was upper midcard before leaving. I don't see much comparisons between the two anyway, but with the right character, I think Roode could succeed in WWE. He could even adapt to the style easily. Storm, I don't know, but I think he could do as well as he is TNA.

Personally, while I don't want either of them to be fired, I only ever see Robert Roode as a potential main eventer. Dunno why but ever since AMW I never really saw James Storm (or Chris Harris) as somebody who could break out as a successful singles star, he's just a generic tag wrestler that's lucky to have gotten somewhat over with internet fans in two tag teams that frankly, were never very good anyway.

Archived