Custom member titles.

Odyssey

Custom member titles  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the ability to edit your member title?

Now that we are under the regime of ThreeG, I thought it would be neat if he allowed members to customise their member titles to something more personal. I know this feature is available and easy to enable, and it would add a nice touch of individuality to each user. Rather than having the generic "Legend" or "Hall of Famer", we can put whatever we want, within reason.

The amount of characters would have to be restricted to ensure pages aren't stretched, and we'd have to have a limit on how many times we can edit it per month, much like usernames. I know some people will try and break the censors, to prevent this a member has to have a certain number of posts or have been a member for a certain amount of time. They'll surely know the rules by then. >.>

Thoughts?

[quote name='TheCuttingEdge™' date='21 January 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1264077255' post='7024801']
Great idea, but even people who have been here for a while and "know the rules" still spam, etc. So I don't think the post count/how long you've been here limit would make that much of a difference.
[/quote]
It's more to prevent people breaking the censors rather than spamming, if someone's been here long enough they'll know that to say "Fu[i][/i]ck you" is against the board rules, so they won't bother adding it to their member title, where as a new member might do otherwise. It's really a small problem that overall won't be that bothersome, I just thought I'd save myself the explaining later by addressing the issue myself.

It would be pretty cool but I can see it being abused. Maybe only give people that ability once they reach a certain rank. Like only Legends and up can do it or something.

[quote name='Odyssey' date='21 January 2010 - 10:26 AM' timestamp='1264069586' post='7024690']
to prevent this a member has to have a certain number of posts or have been a member for a certain amount of time. They'll surely know the rules by then. >.>

Thoughts?
[/quote]
After reading through your post fully, I realized that you suggested the same. :XD:

[quote name='Ain't She Sweet' date='21 January 2010 - 06:25 AM' timestamp='1264073121' post='7024753']
No, bad idea. You are horrible at idea giving.
[/quote]

How do you figure? It's a great idea so shaddup your face.

Anyway, I've always wanted to make mine #1 Hardy Mark. Because I obviously am. :P

[url="http://caws.ws/forum/topic/323717-topic-deleted/page__view__findpost__p__6306349__fromsearch__1"]I tried this before. My topic was deleted due to two people bashing admins, and I was told that I would get an answer after spam was cleared. Never got it, but I fully support the idea.[/url]

It's a good idea. The censor breakers are irrelevant at the moment. Why should a few people doing the wrong thing prevent the large majority of people who follow the rules from having a small perk like this. The post count rule also does prevent a large amount of the rulebreakers from doing what they do anyway. Theoretically, if they've lasted that long, they probably know and follow the rules at least to a certain extent.

[quote name='Rankonâ„¢' date='21 January 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1264121264' post='7026300']
But then the cool people already with custom titles won't feel special anymore...
[/quote]

Well that sucks to be them now doesn't it. :lol: just kidding.

Well, if the title is 'censor bypassed' then an admin can just remove it and suspend the user from using a custom title for a certain amount of time, no? It's a good Idea imo. But if the people want to feel special, you should only let Legends and upper rankings make custom titles :P

[quote name='N.I.C.â„¢' date='21 January 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1264123018' post='7026389']
Well, if the title is 'censor bypassed' then an admin can just remove it and suspend the user from using a custom title for a certain amount of time, no? It's a good Idea imo. But if the people want to feel special, you should only let Legends and upper rankings make custom titles :P
[/quote]

I agree with your last part. And I'm almost a main eveneter so I'll be able to...if it were to happen :P

[quote name='The Third' date='22 January 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1264126985' post='7026505']
I love the idea, but having a limit such as Legend or higher etc. is only going to encourage newer members to spam to get it quicker.
[/quote]
I don't think a new member's priority is going to be spam a few thousand posts to unlock a little custom member title. It's not as if we're going to advertise it.

Archived