DVD Review Thread

Euphotic Zone

[b]WWE Raw: 15th Anniversary[/b]
- This has been my favorite DVD so far of the ones ie seen of WWE. Personally because I like the Attitude Era disc since when it used to really happen, I was too young to enjoy it properly, I started to love it in 2000 when it was already almost over. I wish I could just relive that time of 1990-2002. Not pnly because of wrestling, but everything used to be awesome back then. Now everything is so high tech that Im sick of this new era (not wrestling). So yeah, the DVD brings back some great moments that I remember and some that I wish I could relive.

[b]WWE Greatest Stars of the 90s[/b]
- Bought this over the weekend, and man, its so well put-together. They finally went back to the way they used to do DVDs, with the documentary & interviews as the main part, and the extras being matches/promos/more interviews etc. They pretty much covered all the big names of the decade, although I felt some people like Randy Savage should have been included (though, he got a DVD round the time this released so it works out). They also could have given honorable mention to others like Kane, Goldberg or others who were big, but only around for a few short years in the 90s. My only real complaint is the feeling of lack of extras, but overall, a very good buy.

8/10

Oh yeah, they hardly talk about ECW, which led to the success of the Attitude Era, the nWo and more, they could have atleast thrown ECW a bone.

• 2 weeks later...
[center][size="4"][u]Rise + Fall Of ECW[/u][/size][/center]

[url="http://img402.imageshack.us/i/51630q8ttxlss500.jpg/"][img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7487/51630q8ttxlss500.jpg[/img][/url]

-I bought this DVD to learn more about ECW, since I was too young when it was at its peak (during 1995 - 1999) and it was never on English Television (To my Knowledge at least).
Anyways, this DVD has everything you wish to know about ECW Extreme Championship Wrestling and what is was originally called NWA:Eastern Championship Wrestling, you find out how it became what we knew back in the day and why it did. We also find out why Paul Heyman originally became the owner.
You can experience the mega rise ECW had with it's cult-like following, and you can experience the lows the company had. This is a DVD 'True' ECW fans need to go and buy.
This DVD is packed full on interviews from Paul Heyman himself and various Ex ECW superstars like Tommy Dreamer, Taz ... and we hear what Vince Mcmahon thought about ECW and we hear Eric Bischoff's opinions of the company as well.

This is a 2 disc DVD set with the amazing story like interview. Then you have some of the best matches from ECW's Hardcore TV. Including Rey Misterio Jr Vs Psicosis. And there are a couple of hidden Easter eggs for you to find. With some alternative commentary for matches this DVD will definately be worth all your hard earned cash. Well it was worth my money, and it should be worth yours too.

My rating would be 8/10

They could have really shoved the original ECW Invasion from 1997 on as an extra.

• 3 weeks later...
[center][size="7"]1994 Super J Cup[/size]

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/AssaultDriver/DVDS/1994jcup_dvd.jpg[/IMG]

This is a great dvd if you like Jr. Heavyweights style. Contains some of the top Jr. at that time Wild Pegasus (Chris Benoit), Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Black Tiger II (Eddie Guerrero), The Great Sasuke, Dean Malenko, Taka Michinoku and many others. This also the tournament marks the debut of Hayabusa.

Its a good show, go buy it!
[/center]

[size="5"][center][size="5"]TLC: Tables,Ladders, & Chairs[/size][/center][/size]

[url="http://img442.imageshack.us/i/51k5apnr5klss500.jpg/"][img]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8260/51k5apnr5klss500.jpg[/img][/url]

This was my first WWF DVD bought for me so it is a personal favourite.

Anyways, this DVD is for any fan of the Hardy Boyz, E & C, and of course the Dudley Boyz. This DVD contains the TLC matches which made these tag teams what we know today. It closely follows the close rivalry these tag teams had at the time, with clips from both RAW & Smackdown shows ranging from 1999 - middle 2000. Also other tag teams like T & A, Mark Henry/Mae Young are in matches.

There is a documentary which ties all the matches together which have all 3 main tag teams talk about their matches together and other tag team matches they have had.

Matches Contain:

[list][*]WWF No Mercy '99 - Hardy Boyz Vs Edge & Christian (Tag Team Ladder)[*]WWF Backlash '00 - Dudley Boyz Vs T & A[*]WWF Royal Rumble '00 - Dudley Boyz Vs Hardy Boyz (Tag Team Tables)[*]Triple Ladder Match & TLC 1[/list]

• 1 month later...
[img]http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/65/11/91/94/0065119194815_215X215.jpg[/img] good DVD for PG it don't get to big in why he was suspended but good 4/5 for the main part now the matches they have some good matches but not great 1's till you get to disc 3 so 3/5 for the matches

• 4 weeks later...
[u][b]THE LADDER MATCH[/b][/u]
An amazing DVD from start to end. It features the very first ladder maych (Jake Roberts vs JYD) and covers all the way up to Armageddon 06 Fatal four way tag team ladder match. The best match is.... I cant even decide the best match they are all great. A 5 out of 5.

• 1 month later...
[center][size="5"][b]Ricky Steamboat: The Life Story of the Dragon[/b][/size]
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/AssaultDriver/RSDVD.jpg[/IMG]

I pick the dvd 6/18/10 Eleven days before the official release. It is a very good dvd for the younger fans or fans that miss out on Steamboat earlier career like i did, all i saw of Steamboat as a kid was 93-94 basically his last year wrestling. First disc is basically his life and how he go into wrestling and the extra features are promos, some skits and some others. second disc is matches from NWA-WWF from 1984 - 1987 and final disc is mostly all NWA/WCW matches nothing from 91 WWF run(IMO should have put the Summer Slam 91 6 man tag match). Anyways its a good dvd to pick up.

[size="6"][b]9/10[/b][/size]
[/center]

• 3 weeks later...
[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TOGDIpQSL._SS500_.jpg[/img]

The Rock -
I have to admit, I'm not a Rock fan, but when a friend gave me his copy of this, I loved it, the promo's, the matches, the special features make it a great DVD.

4/5

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_p97WWcDb-84/SQeO13TC6BI/AAAAAAAAAHA/BcJ7MgLYZNM/s320/the+new+and+improved+dx.JPG[/img]

DX -
I'm a huge DX fan, I loved this DVD, it was great, all my favorite DX matches from late 2006 to early 2007. DX vs. McMahons & Big Show @ Unforgiven, DX vs. Spirit Squad and more.

5/5.

• 2 months later...
[center][size=4][b]Breaking the code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho. [/b][/size]

[IMG]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb380/Jerichoholic4Life/Chris%20Jericho/33xya3a.jpg[/IMG]

So I got this DVD the other day and I must say that this has to be one of the best DVD's I've seen in a while. The first DVD basically sums up his career and has some great clips and great comments from his father, Edge, Cena, Christian, Eric Bischoff, and so much more. The second DVD has a bunch of great matches with promo's in it too. The third DVD is my favorite, it has his match against Hulk Hogan, his match against Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XIX, his match against John Cena in 2005 where he ends up quitting WWE. Then it has his return in 2007, his match with Jeff Hardy for the IC title, his match against Shawn Michaels for the WHC, his match against Rey Mysterio for the IC title, his match against the Undertaker on Smackdown! and his WHC match against Edge at Wrestlemania XXVI.

The DVD may be rated PG but it still showed the greatest moments of Y2J's amazing career. It's an inspirational story of his life and it shows how great he is at what he does.

[IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x44/nebular82/4ANDAHALFSTARS.jpg[/IMG]

The reason I give it 4.5 instead of 5 is that it does lack a few of his modern day amazing promo's but other than that, it's a must buy for any Jericho fan. [/center]

[quote name='AssaultDriver720' timestamp='1266032675' post='7080951']

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/AssaultDriver/DVDS/1994jcup_dvd.jpg[/IMG]

This is a great dvd if you like Jr. Heavyweights style. Contains some of the top Jr. at that time Wild Pegasus (Chris Benoit), Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Black Tiger II (Eddie Guerrero), The Great Sasuke, Dean Malenko, Taka Michinoku and many others. This also the tournament marks the debut of Hayabusa.

[/center]
[/quote]

What this guy said! I have this dvd and it's beyond great. I cant post pics cuz I'm at work, but I was really surprised to see this over run with WWE dvd's. I was unaware of the Jericho DVD out though, I will pick that up. And how has nobody posted any of the Hart stuff? Nonsense!

I did just pick up PWG's Kurt Russell Mania. RVD vs Chris Hero , Muta, Liger...its good stuff. Check it out!!!!

[quote name='CxEâ„¢' timestamp='1286136817' post='7609295']
[center][size=4][b]Breaking the code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho. [/b][/size]

[IMG]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb380/Jerichoholic4Life/Chris%20Jericho/33xya3a.jpg[/IMG]

Does this have any WCW matches? I have all of His ppv matches from 95-97 I think. And some old Japan stuff. I really wish an outside source would put out a best of Jericho, including his WAR and other Japan matches.

[quote name='CxEâ„¢' timestamp='1286136817' post='7609295']

Does this have any WCW matches? I have all of His ppv matches from 95-97 I think. And some old Japan stuff. I really wish an outside source would put out a best of Jericho, including his WAR and other Japan matches.
[/quote]

The matches are good. 19 of his best matches.

Jericho vs Lance t. Storm
(Local Canada Show from 90')

The Thrillseekers vs The Infernos

Jericho vs Ultimo Dragon

Jericho vs Cactus Jack

Jericho vs Eddie Guerrero

Jericho vs Juventud Guerrera

Jericho vs Dean Malenko

WWF Debut

Jericho vs Angle

Jericho vs HHH

Jericho vs The Rock

Jericho vs Austin

Jericho vs Hogan

Jericho vs Michaels

Chris Jericho vs Cena

Save_US.Y2J

Jericho vs Hardy

Jericho vs Michaels

Jericho vs Mysterio

Jericho vs Taker

Jericho vs Edge

Also Disc 1 is a biography

A Star is Born
International Sensation
Land of the Extreme
Arrival in WCW
Best in Show
Never...EEVVERR The same again
Conspiricary Victim
Arm bar!
Greenberg
The Millennium Man
The Y2J Era Begins
Undisputed Champion
Highlight of the Night
The Highlight Reel
Facing an Idol
Total Buffoonery
You're Fired!
Breaking Out
Fozzy
Time Away
Breaking the Code
An Honest Man
Career Renaissance
Save Us
The Best in The World at what I do
I Do

Special Features

A Young Fanatic
Jack Action
Leon de Oro
The Thrill Seekers Vignette 1
The Thrill Seekers Vignette 2
"Have you Heard of Chris Jericho?"
Paul Heyman's Roommate
Mister Salty
The Man of 1,004 holds
Conspiricary Victim
Father knows Best
Hello Lexington
Do you smell what Y2J is cookin'?
Sharing a beer with Steve Austin
Chris Jericho vs The Old Man
Jericho's Junction
Fozzy Music Video

• 2 months later...
[center]I recently bought

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VYM-5TJYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/img]
[b][u]
Money In The Bank 2010[/u][/b]

The Ladder-Matches
It has two awesome, and I truly mean [i]awesome[/i], Money In The Bank-Ladder Matches, plus a Cash-In at the same Night (Kane) and a WTF?!-Moment, when Miz got the Briefcase. More about Kane's Cash-In below. Miz' emotional Speech after the Match was great, by the Way.
The Matches had so many great Moments, for example Christian and Matt Hardy battling on the Top of the Ladder (I really thought either CC or Hardy was gonna win the Match!), then Bourne's SSP, when Randy did an rKo to another Guy, Cody's Missile Dropkick on an Opponent, who was climbing up the Ladder or Kofi's sick Diving Boom!-Drop through the Announce-Table.

The World Heavyweight Championship-Match
Also, Rey vs. Swagger for the World Heavyweight Championship was a really good Match. Both have a nice Chemistry in the Ring (High-Flying vs. Amateur-Grappling) and Rey pulled out many nice Maneuvers, such as the long-forgotten Split-Legged Moonsault. I wished a better Ending, but a Leverage-Hurricanrana is okay to me. The Aftermath of the Match was very interesting as well, when Kane came out to first helped Rey by attacking Swagger, then returned with his blue Briefcase to cash it in and become the World's Champion again after 12 long Years and still holds it as of Today.

The WWE Championship Match
Cena vs. Sheamus wasn't as good as the other World-Title-Match, but it was decent. Was obvious that the [N]EXUS had to interfere in that Match, even if there was the Steel Cage. The Finish was really good. However, I was glad Cena didn't win (9-Time Champ, WTF?).

The Tag Match
Hart Dynasty vs. Usos was that Surprise-Match I believe, since it wasn't announced. The Match was okay.

The Divas
The Divas-Matches were ... well you know what I mean. Eve vs. Fox wasn't so bad than Kelly vs. Layla though. Remember you can just watch their Entrances and then skip the Matches, so ... it's not a big Deal. :P

The Extras
There's a [N]EXUS-Promo, which was unaired. Short but good.
Also, there's a short Josh-Mathews-Interview Segment. Like always.

Conclusion
I really recommend you Guys to buy this DVD. If you're a Fan of Ladder Matches or Money-In-The-Bank Matches, go ahead and buy this Thing, since this is a Must for all Ladder-Matches-Fans, if you ask me. The Price is good (I payed 20€ - normally those DVDs cost 3 or 5 Bucks more). It's the best Pay-Per-View of the Year, by the Way. Yes. Better than WrestleMania and Hell In A Cell.

During the Pay-Per-View there were some Daniel Bryan-Chants (remember, he got fired), which is another Reason to buy this DVD. :hqhq:

3 Great Matches, 2 decent Matches, 2 bad/not good Matches. I give [b]8.0/10.0[/b].
[/center]

• 4 months later...

[/center]
[/quote]

where do I order it from ?

[quote name='CMmarez' timestamp='1304140226' post='8036851']

[/center]
[/quote]

where do I order it from ?
[/quote]

http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=11617

• 3 weeks later...
Ok guys here is my review on The Best of CTU Vol.1 that I bought of ivpvideos. I'll review the matches first:

CTU Ranger Red, CTU Ranger Blue, CTU Ranger Yellow, CTU Ranger Green & CTU Ranger Pink vs. Daigoro Kashiwa , MIYAWAKI , Teppei Ishizaka , PSYCHO & Apple Miyuki: Ok match, some really funny stuff. 3/5

Tiger Mask, El Samurai & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. TAKA Michinoku , Black Tiger & Hirooki Goto: This one I liked, it was Goto's last match before he left for Mexico. 3/5

Jado & Gedo vs. Kintaro Kanemura & Tetsuhiro Kuroda: Man this one got bloody, the fans were chanting for Gedo and Jado, cool match. 4/5

Kishin Liger vs. BADBOY Hido: Another bloody match, watch as Liger gets his revenge on Hido. 4/5

Minoru & Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Koji Kanemoto & Wataru Inoue: Awesome match, a lot of kicks in this one. 4/5

CTU KISS-JISS & CTU KISS-GESS vs. Wataru Inoue & Ryusuke Taguchi: Another funny but good match. 3/5

Tiger Mask & Xmas Tiger vs. CTU CATS-THUNDER.TAMA & CTU CATS-MIKE.AT: A fun match to watch haha I wonder just who were the CTU cats? 3/5

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Minoru vs. Koji Kanemoto: Match of the dvd, nice back and forth match, it almost looked like Koji was the heel in the match. 5/5

It also includes a look at the history of the CTU which is really good.

Also it has extras, but for some reason it wont let you see them.

If you were a fan of The CTU, get this one, and if not, then get it to see Koji Vs Minoru.

Good DVD 5/5

• 4 weeks later...
[center][u][b]The Best of Deathmatch Wrestling, Volume 2: American Ultraviolence[/b][/u][/center]
After seeing the 1st and 3rd best of the deathmatches DVD's I had very high hopes for this one. I am always worried I will be disappointed.

Necro Butcher vs Nick Gage- Just a sick hard hitting affair. They are using sheets of glass, and we see some sick moves. The finish is just amazing. Grade A-

Mad Man Pondo vs Wifebeater- I don't think Pondo is very good. Wifebeater came out and put on a great show, another hard hitting affair. Grade B

Sexxxy Eddy vs The Arsenal- Just an awesome match. Both of these participants are very good wrestlers and they combined a good wrestling match with light tubes and garbage cans. We also got to see a wicked finish. Grade A

Necro Butcher vs Wifebeater- WOW!!! Just an amazing hard hitting match. When they started they ahd glass panes, bardwire, weapons etc, but the floor of the ring was covered in 4 inches of broken glass. So many huge spots that where sick. I am amazed they could continue. The end of this match might be the best finish ever. Grade A+

Mad Man Pondo vs Toby Klein- This was a solid match. It was hard hitting and fairly fast paced, however nothing too special. The ending was interesting it was a new weapon I had not seen used before. Grade B

Wifebeater vs Necro Butcher- Here comes a rematch! This match came before the other match. Another hard hitting match with tons of weapons. This one doesn't have as many high spots, but it is an enjoyable match. Grade B+

Wifebeater vs Sick Nick Mondo- This match featured 200 light tubes, barbwire, buckets of salt, and a weedwacker?! WOW! Within the first 5 minutes of the match Wifebeater's back is soaked with blood, and Mondo's back has five, 2ft scars across his back. The weedwacker finish is really amazing. Grade A

Zandig Vs. Necro Butcher Vs. Nick Gage- Brutal 3 way, everyone weapon I can think of was used. Necro was a bloody mess; I don't know how he kept going. Just crazy Suplex onto a board with barbwire, a sheet of glass that was set on fire. Nick Gage was set on fire and its amazing he could continue. Nice finish! Grade A

Nate Hatred & Nick Gage vs. Justice Pain & Wifebeater- The H8 club vs the H8 club. This match featured 2 steel cages loaded with weapons. This was a great match from start to finish and at the end we see a surprising turn of events. Grade A-

The Blackout vs Team Cash- Just amazing! This match features a war games style cage of death between these 2 teams. There are so many high spots, I just cant mention them all. After 25 minutes of total enjoyment, one member gets eliminated?! Wait what? A whole team has to be eliminated to win? WOW! I don't know how Jack Evans didn't kill himself. Grade A+
Joker, Necro Butcher & Toby Klein vs. Zandig, Nick Gage & Justice Pain- Everyone in this match was ripped to shreds. It was hard to tell some of them apart since they where drenched in blood. Klein's back was just torn up. Necro's face was a bloody mess. It was really sick. Grade A+

Supreme vs Angel- Even though Supreme dominated for most of the match, it was a good match. Angel got a few wicked shots in with some light tubes, and really opened up Supreme. Angel was soaked in blood at the end. Great finish! Grade A

Crazy Boy & Joe Lider Vs. Xtreme Tiger & Super Crazy- I think this match was on the 1st DVD. This was a good match, hard hitting, but with a lot of high impact moves. Grade B

This DVD was just flat out amazing. So far the first 3 DVD's in this series are just the best you can find. Every match is great and most are amazing. Most DVD's that say they are 3 hours long, but are 2 hours and 31 minutes rounded up. This DVD was 3 and half hours of pure hardcore entertainment. Pick this up and enjoy!

• 1 month later...
I just picked up a few new DVD's. Including, 3 New Japan, vs ROH Discs. Best of RVD, best of the new age outlaws, 4 various lucha dvd's including an eddie tribute show, and santo vs la park in a cage.

Also IVP Videos has a 25 cent puro sampler dvd right now, I haven't gotten mine yet but if you order anything make sure to throw it on!

• 5 months later...
[quote name='FLANNELPOWER1' timestamp='1272148407' post='7248341']
[u][b]THE LADDER MATCH[/b][/u]
An amazing DVD from start to end. It features the very first ladder maych (Jake Roberts vs JYD) and covers all the way up to Armageddon 06 Fatal four way tag team ladder match. The best match is.... I cant even decide the best match they are all great. A 5 out of 5.
[/quote]

This is FAR from the first ladder match

• 1 month later...
ROH has a new summer of punk DVD that I'm debating on getting. Most likely will. He's my fav. But just to make sure does anyone think it's worth it? It's his roh summer of punk and I've never seen any of it. So anyone who knows/saw about it and it's matches are they good and whatnot?

• 3 months later...
[b][u]WWE Best Pay Per View Matches 2011 (Blu Ray)[/u][/b]

Let me start off by saying that the quality of this DVD is astounding, the sound and the look, top notch.

The Blu Ray had a lot of quality matches, etc. CM Punk Vs John Cena, Dolph Ziggler Vs Edge, but it really felt it has something missing, that the 2009-2010 PPV matches Blu Ray had. I like the fact that you have the complete Punk vs Cena promo, but i think if the promos were shown for most of these matches, it would have just added something more, the same something that 2009-2010 had. For instance, Christian vs Alberto Del Rio is personally for me, a great, emotional match, and the promo to the match was astounding was phenomenal and helped build up this match, if the promo was included on this DVD, along with other match promos, i think it would have given a much bigger 'feel' to it.

Some of the matches are questionable, eg. Kelly Kelly vs Beth Phoenix, Mark Henry vs Randy Orton etc. But it features some of the most important matches of the year, eg. HIAC Del Rio vs Punk vs Cena, Cena vs Punk, Show vs Henry.

Also, a great Blu Ray feature is the Orton vs Punk match from Wrestlemania 27, in which is uses all the different cameras, as if it was a film. It would be great to see this featured on other sets.

[u][b]Rating: 8/10[/b][/u]

Great set, if given the extra 'feel' to it, it could have been amazing.

[quote name='JDogg14' timestamp='1330914206' post='8601213']
ROH has a new summer of punk DVD that I'm debating on getting. Most likely will. He's my fav. But just to make sure does anyone think it's worth it? It's his roh summer of punk and I've never seen any of it. So anyone who knows/saw about it and it's matches are they good and whatnot?
[/quote]

I have the DVD. The matches are good, IMO, and it includes all of his promos throughout the run, too. My only complaint is that I wish it would have been longer. I think that there is like 5 or 6 matches. I realize that it just reflects the length of the actual run, but they could have included some extras, like some Second City Saints matches/promos

Archived