"Paranoia" Over Hogan/Bischoff Arrival

Trademark

[b]"Paranoia" Over Hogan/Bischoff Arrival[/b]
[b]Credit:[/b] Wrestling-Radio.com

It is being reported by the PWTorch Newsletter that "paranoia" is abound in the TNA locker room following the arrivals of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff into the company.

A large number of TNA superstars have become very concerned about their official standing with the company due to the fact that a number of new competitors were brought in. The major feeling backstage right now is that changes in the roster are inevitable, and stars who are currently paid per-date are also said to be concerned about TNA keeping them under contract, but failing to use them as they are only paid when they are used in some form or another.

With all of the new faces in TNA, few of them are believed to have any actual long-term contracts, as stars such as Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, and Sean Morely are believed to be working without any sort of lengthy deals.

I think this is what everyone was concerned about, it's gonna suck if a lot of guys get released for all of these new people, well hopefully the older guys do indeed have short contracts and the younger guys can shine more, but we'll see what happens, I hope Hogan doesn't *censored* things up for the younger talent.

I understand exactly what Bischoff's doing.

A lot of the people that turned up last Impact are faces that were familiar and popular during the boom period between the mid to late 90s. He's brought those in to help reach out to fans who stopped watching after that period so they'll tune into TNA for faces they recognise from back then and hoping they stay for the younger talent they might not know about such as AJ Styles and Matt Morgan.

It's exactly what he did with WCW, hired anyone who contacted him or who he was told about that were previously in WWE and used them to draw in fans so they'd watch Nitro for the likes of Hogan and Savage but stay for the likes of Jericho and Harlem Heat.

Smart business move and sure, I'd understand people on a per-appearance contract worrying about job security (that's why WWE wrestlers apparently do a lot of signings and appearances while injured, because that pay-per-appearance is the only way they can make money until they get back in the ring unless they're savvy savers and can rehab and heal without having to work until they're 100%) but it should be a wait and see thing because the way I see it is this:

* Morley is there to get some interest in the Beautiful People in particular and the Knockouts in general
* Flair is gonna be AJ's manager to help him improve in promos and matches as well as give him a higher profile as the current World champ
* Nasty Boys are there to bring relevence to the otherwise stale Team 3D
* Hall and Waltman are there so Nash can have one big final in ring run before moving behind the scenes and to help bring in others to side with Foley

[quote name='Trademark' date='08 January 2010 - 05:42 AM' timestamp='1262929331' post='6989139']
[b]"Paranoia" Over Hogan/Bischoff Arrival[/b]
[b]Credit:[/b] Wrestling-Radio.com

It is being reported by the PWTorch Newsletter that "paranoia" is abound in the TNA locker room following the arrivals of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff into the company.

A large number of TNA superstars have become very concerned about their official standing with the company due to the fact that a number of new competitors were brought in. The major feeling backstage right now is that changes in the roster are inevitable, and stars who are currently paid per-date are also said to be concerned about TNA keeping them under contract, but failing to use them as they are only paid when they are used in some form or another.

With all of the new faces in TNA, few of them are believed to have any actual long-term contracts, as stars such as Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, and Sean Morely are believed to be working without any sort of lengthy deals.
[/quote]

I call bullcrap, since Kevin Nash already has a contract with the company.

Dazz you sly fox, you. And all your intellectual and true insight on these things.

Archived