UFC Undisputed 2010

The_Great_One

I saw commercial for it at ultimate fighter finale so it is comfirmed (if anyone had any doubts)

Some things I would to see are

Cage work- fighting against the cage all fighting styles have specialties for it. Boxing have upercuts, muy thai elbows and knees, kick boxing.. maybe a step back headkick. Cage work will be like a standing clinch with the offensive side having the ability to slam their opennent while the defensive side has the ability to reverse it into a guillotene. Cage work will be activated when shooting a double leg and the the opennet has back against the cage and grabbing a clinch while oppenet is against cage. I think cage work is a imprtoant part of fighting in MMA and will like to see it presented in the next game.

More indepth career mode- 2009 career mode was great to start off the franchise but its too bland. id like to see more features to actually make you feel like a fighter. For one have a few more cutscenes like your debut match shows you coming down to ring maybe a little nervous and announcers talking about this be your 1st fight or what not. Another thing is joining fight camps, you shouldnt be able to just go to a differnet one every other week, it should be you join one and your there for awhile and also each camp should give you certain bonuses and maybe be in your corner on fight nights. I would also like to see like a rival system foe example you go to decsion with tito ortiz he puts out that he wants a rematch and talks trash making fights more fun to do and such. I think these small things would make career more alot better.

better submission system- I dont think excuting a submission move should just be pressing down r3 anymore. it should be more of a transition. Also i notice that the person going for the submissions never really got fatiued that should be changed locking in a submisisons take alot of energy.

More animations- well this is kind of gimmie since you know there is going to be more regardless but a few i would like to see, are more stumble backs for example you catch a fighter with a big hook they fall backwards and possiably against a cage, making another way to use the cage work system. More falling down say if a fighter gets caught with a big counter punch more then likely they will not take it standing up, they will get knocked down. Now it dosent have to be the knockdown when there on there back waiting for the guard but it can be like a new animation where they fall on there butts but quickly get up but still giving a quick window for the fighter to utilaze. Along with a few more wrestling take downs and kick blocks and a few other things would make the game feel more free.

I think i might of missed a few things but post what you would like to see in ufc 2010 or opnions on my ideas

Good ideas, I think that slams would be a huge part of cage work, like you go for a double leg takedown and you do a huge slam if your a wrestler and they're against the cage. To activate it though why not just go for the clinch? That makes the most sense to me.

Career mode definitely needs some work, I like your ideas with the camps, where there would be maybe 5 or 6 camps, each with their own gym. You would choose one after your first few fights and stick with it for maybe a year or two, and eventually get to go to all of them, learning different techniques as you progress. Also I think they need more call names for your created fighter, as the choices last year were kinda bad haha

For the submissions, if you had the stamina bars on you would see that both people got really fatigued during the submissions so that is fine and I don't think it should be a transition as they should be saved for more real transitions, like maybe special ones like we saw with the Judo transitions.

Overall the main things I want though are more classes for you fighter to specialize in, like different forms of Jiu Jitsu or different striking classes. That combined with a create a moveset, where you could choose a special kind of kick you wanted you kick boxer to have or you could choose to have Chuck's over hand right for your fighter. Also entrances should be in the new game, as they could be a big part of career mode I think, to help progress story's, like a rivalry or how much the two guys respect each other, stuff like that.

[quote name='Undead Archon' date='08 December 2009 - 02:50 AM' timestamp='1260240655' post='6906424']
definitely need to work on create-a-fighter...a lot. Also, make the different fighting styles feel different. I think they can do better than giving every style a core set of moves and a few specialized ones.
[/quote]
id like to see a way to dodge kinda like fight night.

[quote name='Serφ' date='08 December 2009 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1260317888' post='6908584']
[quote name='Undead Archon' date='08 December 2009 - 02:50 AM' timestamp='1260240655' post='6906424']
definitely need to work on create-a-fighter...a lot. Also, make the different fighting styles feel different. I think they can do better than giving every style a core set of moves and a few specialized ones.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Yea definitely, so many people use head bobs and stuff really well, I mean look at Anderson Silva if you need proof

[quote name='The Vickshow' date='09 December 2009 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1260321600' post='6908715']
[quote name='Serφ' date='08 December 2009 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1260317888' post='6908584']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Yea definitely, so many people use head bobs and stuff really well, I mean look at Anderson Silva if you need proof
[/quote]
I know this most likely wont happen but id also like the option to throw an illegal blow here and there too then fights can end in DQ as well.

Tbh I dont think they need to do much. The last game was pretty good so all they need to do to make this one great is fill in the cracks that the last one had.

Flesh out the CAF system. It was already quite good but there could be more of everything. Id like to see more tattoos and logos and alot more flexibility with them so your not stuck in those tiny little zones. More call names, including real names and not just BS like "The Buzzsaw". And another thing Id like to see... Id like to be able to have my sponsors up behind me before a fight and not just a flag. Its not difficult, its just a case of adding the option to fill up a blank canvas with logos.

Improve the submission system. I found it pretty much impossible to get a submission win against a computer opponent last time. Submission wins should be as easy to get as knockout wins, and considering you can get a 4 second knockout but a submission can take a whole 5 rounds, I dont think they managed that.

Flesh out the career mode. One of the biggest annoyances I have with sports games is that eventually you get to a point where it starts to get repetitive. For UFC 09 this happened very quickly with me and it was mainly because it was just train, fight, train, fight, blah blah blah yawn. Fill out the training so its more fun, get proper interviews, build up rivalrys and so on to keep the career mode entertaining. Oh and one more thing, can someone tell me the point of making a kick ass soundtrack that only plays in the main menu? Put the friggin good music into the friggin career mode or I will shoot you.

And thats about it really. Thats all I really want out of the next game. Maybe a little more animation and a bit more flexibility with styles but thats not as important as the other things.

[quote name='Ollie The Magic Bum' date='13 December 2009 - 06:10 AM' timestamp='1260684634' post='6919233']
Looks like you can use the cage now, so that's cool
[/quote]
Not to mention the ducking like fight night.
I hope they make it so you can edit the colors of the fight gear or be able to switch them to different styles.

I definatly like entrances to be in the game and customizable T-Shirts and hats. alot more fighting syles, and custom names for a custom fighting style.

I also dont know if you guys will get what im trying to say here but... for each animation of a move have a special type... like

Kick 1 LB+B Head Kick
Punch 1 LB+X Superman Punch

Stepping range
Kick 1 LB+B anderson silva flying knee

Like you assign the moves and have special types of hits.

[quote name='кιηg χ яι¢нιє' date='14 December 2009 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1260849341' post='6924879']
I definatly like entrances to be in the game and customizable T-Shirts and hats. alot more fighting syles, and custom names for a custom fighting style.

I also dont know if you guys will get what im trying to say here but... for each animation of a move have a special type... like

Kick 1 LB+B Head Kick

Stepping range

[/quote]

terrible idea. everyone will just give their caws the signature/overpowered moves of all the fighters and they will be even super-er supercaws

[quote name='Undead Archon' date='14 December 2009 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1260849458' post='6924885']
[quote name='кιηg χ яι¢нιє' date='14 December 2009 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1260849341' post='6924879']

Kick 1 LB+B Head Kick

Stepping range

[/quote]

terrible idea. everyone will just give their caws the signature/overpowered moves of all the fighters and they will be even super-er supercaws
[/quote]

Not necessarily dude... They could have like a point system similar to SVR... Really outragious cool looking over powered moves should be really high,

all regular hits are default

Head kick 2 pts
Superman 2 pts
spinning back fist 2.5
flying knee 3
and so on and on

other extras like

Strike reversal to muay thai plum could be 5 points
and the leg grab punch could be 3.5

If you pick resonable ones you could have left over points to put on your fighters extra moves.

[quote name='Bourne~A~Thon™' date='20 December 2009 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1261353788' post='6938192']
new submissions

Mount gilluotine

Darce Choke

Olmaplata

Gogoplata

etc
[/quote]

well the darce choke hasn't been used in the ufc so it probably won't be in but the anaconda choke/gator roll was in the trailer which is pretty much the same thing.

and omaplata: [img]http://www.incgamers.com/images/screenshots/4671orig.jpg[/img]

I also hope they change the ground system a lot. the submission system definitely needs to be redone and make blocking transitions a tiny bit harder...maybe like they have it now but hugging the stick will only block 3 attempts instead of 5.

A few things I would like to see would be...

Adding the PPV aspect to pre-fights, Like warming up in the locker room, either stretching, jumping, sparing, and so on during the PPV interdictions. Also any form of entrance would add to the TV feeling, with sponsor shirts and hats. While speaking of sponsors, I think they should add custom banners to the game, because I got sick of seeing the American flag when I faced established opponents who have banners loaded with sponsors, It could be like custom trunks, but you would also get more 'cred' by putting your sponsors on your banners, and wearing their shirts.

In the career mode, I would like to actually work for my strength, speed, and cardio, by doing mini-games and challenges. It could work the same as sparing, but coaches run you through specific drills for fighters, these could intertwine with their stats as well, say you wanted to work on your ground game and cardio, and your technique was a wrestler, you would have like 2 mins. where you would be sprawling, and transitioning, around your opponent. Or as a kick boxer you could have target practice like in old boxing games, where your trainer would hold up pads, and you would have to hit them in the allotted time.

CAF could use an upgrade, hair choices, facial hair that doesn't look painted on. It would be cool to give your fighters a swagger, it could define intangibles about them, they could be cocky, humble, old-school, and just different things like that, here they can have positive and negative reactions against the different types of swagger, almost like advantages the old-school fighter would want to teach the cocky one a lesson or so.

It would be cool to custom your move-set that way each fighter would feel different, that way you can't use the same strategies in each fight.

Finally, I believe that their should be some cross-promotion with The Ultimate Fighter show, either in career mode, where you can initially build your fighters stats, and it depends how good your fighter is when he lands a contract. He could win the season for a contract, or if he was eliminated from the show, he could fight on the finale for a contract as well.

Archived