Does anybody play this anymore

• 2 weeks later...
When did they release it? Oh yeah March 2009 um last time I played it was probably late April. Never played it since just hate the stupid crappy combo finisher and gameplay which is a shame as I love Legends games. Instead what Ive done is just dl most the roster from CAW Creations on the new sd game and been happy playing that instead.

Which is what THQ should of done from the start made a Legends game with the SD engine. How dare they give us a useless combo system I mean FFS you cant even pick up chairs easily.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
not really anymore, I did at first after i beat svr 09 then svr 10 came out and its a awesome game. Persnally WWE LOW dosen't have enough in it to keep me occupied. I mean at first relving and rewriting history was pretty fun but that got boring after time. Another thing i noticed is that the charcter models in the game like too musclar and big. They were never that big they just like look action figures overall the prestion is just bad.

I havent played this cack game since probably a month after it was released. What were they thinking not giving it sd vs raw controls with stupid arcady controls that were rubbish that forced you to do some combo to pick a chair up. 3 combo finisher was rubbish and should of been tapping Y to do your finisher. I will never play this game again and THQ should be ashamed of themselves for doing it this way I mean they didnt even have that many match types. Considering it was a one off it should of been similar to the sd series.

Now if they redid the game but just changed the controls with more matches and wrestlers then Id be happy but it seemed they didnt give a shit about the legends and just made the game to showcase the current WWE Superstars because they wouldnt let us fans use these legends in the sd vs raw series. Thankfully sd vs raw 2010 came along and allowed us to download any legend we wanted.

So a message to thq is if they do ever make another legends game make it bloody like sd vs raw as thats what fans want! We want freedom with weapons and moves and a referee I mean LOWM was the worst wwe game they ve made and Showdown was much better in terms of everything from 4 wrestler attires to moves to match types to lots of guys in the ring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It sits in my collection, buried beneath a tower of superior games.

From the moment I completed "WrestleMania Tour" mode, I swiftly removed the disc from my console and haven't felt compelled to play it since. For me, Legends of WrestleMania was a missed opportunity. My interest for this game faded with every new preview and underwhelming review that was released, and it wasn't difficult to understand why after I actually began playing the game.

Personally, my biggest issue with Legends of WrestleMania is that it lacks depth. For example, the roster, although acceptable, is vacant of certain faces that you would expect to find in a game that attempts to spark nostalgia amongst fans of the "Golden Age" of wrestling.

The one area that feels particularly shallow is the gameplay itself. Instead of incorporating the game engine of SmackDown vs Raw that a majority of players have grown accustomed to, Legends of WrestleMania decides to take two steps back and revert back to buttons. Maybe this wouldn't have been an issue had Legends of WrestleMania included more than TWO types of grapple; Light or Strong. Additionally, other moves and spots available (turnbuckle, ropes etc.) begin to turn stale and repetitive all too rapidly, meaning that by your fifth match, you'll start developing a bad case of déjà vu.

There are a handful of features that prevents Legends of WrestleMania from being a total failure, including fantastic montages that will show the highlights of a feud before you relive it, but in all honesty, this is worth nothing more than a week-end rental at best. :poo:

Archived