One step forward, three back.

Vulpes R

[b]"Stop making CAWs. No, seriously. Stop."[/b]

This was my most uttered phrase almost a week into viewing Community Creations on the PS3 server. Haven't we had wrestling games that allow you to make CAWs for long enough that the quality has gone up...even a little? It's not the CAWs based on anyone real; those are hard as hell to make if you're just some eleventeen year-old playing PS3 on dad's big screen. No, I mean the ORIGINAL CAWs.

Go ahead, load up the Online and take a look. 97% of the original CAWs (named John, MAX1836 or K-SPARX) are crap. Crap rolled on crap and then dipped into liquid crap the sprinkled with a fine dusting of...? You guessed it. CRAP.

[b][u]The mind of an original CAW creator on the PS3 Community Creations[/u][/b]

1. Use as many 3D parts as possible...so 4; if you're lucky.
2. Swear a lot because you can't have a chicken head AND LoD shoulderpads AND the chain wallet belt.
3. Solution to designing trunk logos! Use the pants with the skull and tribal already on them.
4. Facial morphing is for losers and communists, besides. The creators of this game already have my default face in the list. I TOTALLY look like that.
5. Forget the mullet, the new wrestling hair style is whatever hair covers the face; maybe throw on a bandanna over the face too. Ooo, mysterious. Maybe the "Joker" hair, because what we need is ANOTHER Joker CAW.
6. Use Christian/Randy Orton/DX theme music.
7. AS MUCH TRIBAL TATTOOING AS YOU CAN! Not only that but make it black. Pitch black. Like the wrestler drew it on with a Sharpie pre-match. Kids, I have tattoos. Colors fade.
8. Speaking of black, make the clothes as BLACK as possible so there's no shading whatsoever. Also do this with hair and basically every other part. Maybe not the skin.
9. Don't forget to submit your own review, giving yourself 5 stars and say stuff like "ITS SO GUD!" or "BEST EVER!!!" That way, the rest of us who spend more than 5 minutes making ORIGINAL CAWs slip to the bottom of the most popular section. Also remember to give 1 star to the best looking CAWs, this will make you shine!
10. If you make a diva, make sure to give it the BIGGEST breasts man-kind has ever seen from orbit. They must have their own gravity. But don't forget to put "Just for you pervs out there :P" in the comments box. Hey, you made it--not us.

Maybe I sound a little bitter, and rightfully so. After all the whining and complaining and throwing things when we realized that SvR 2010 was -NOT- the game we expected, this does not give you the right to make garbage.

Make your CAW standout, be original! No one expects you to sit on the Paint-Tool and Da Vinci it up, but put forth a little effort. Play with the transparancy modifier, layer some things differently. At first '10 may look like a weak outing, but stop relying so much on 3D parts and do what we have done for the past few years...FAKE IT. Work with the limitations, not against them. Some people have (the other 3%) made some great Originals, standing out from the ocean of CAW fecal matter. Good work to those that have and NOT done any of the above list.

At the end of the day, I will admit. I am not a wizard when it comes to creating CAWs, but I try. I am willing to put my CAWs up to the "Pepsi Challenge" if you will. Just search tag "NBW" and my content. Version notes for CAWs will be there. Look at El Jobbo and Jason Omega for example.

That's my 1 and 1/2 cents (I'm Canadian, money worth less, etc; you get jokes).

[quote name='System Error' date='24 October 2009 - 04:01 AM' timestamp='1256374876' post='6788378']
I download crappy creations and use them as jobbers. :)
[/quote]

See, I was going to do that but these are so terrible I wouldn't put them in some high-school kid's backyard wrestling promotion. I MADE jobbers, jobbers that look better than most downloadable jobbers. D: That certainly can't be right!

[font="Trebuchet MS"][b]hey, there's always been the n00bs, and the people who should never, EVER make CAWs at any point in life... but they're always gonna be there... I said in another post that, if you really look at it, historically, 98% of CAWs are complete garbage...:fedup:[/b][/font]

[quote name='☠B7 (THΞ NΞW RΞVOLUTION)☠' date='24 October 2009 - 04:27 AM' timestamp='1256376423' post='6788456']
[font="Trebuchet MS"][b]hey, there's always been the n00bs, and the people who should never, EVER make CAWs at any point in life... but they're always gonna be there... I said in another post that, if you really look at it, historically, 98% of CAWs are complete garbage...:fedup:[/b][/font]
[/quote]

I was giving the benefit of the doubt with 97%. It's really a simple matter of, the CAW mode is so different than in previous games that it has infected the brains of CAW creators. LoD shoulder pads does not a CAW make. It's as though the Original CAW creators are stuck in some sort of rift in time/space, brought back to the days of Wrestlemania 2000 on N64 with how simple, boring and ugly the CAWs are lately.

I -would- complain also about the TONS AND TONS of CAWs based on real wrestlers that look like macaroni art (Suicide, Ultimate Warrior, Zack Ryder) but I cannot make a real wrestler CAW to save my life. One time I tried to make HBK and I got Abdullah the Butcher...who was drunk, and covered in pies.

[quote name='Vulpes R' date='24 October 2009 - 04:31 AM' timestamp='1256376700' post='6788463']
[quote name='☠B7 (THΞ NΞW RΞVOLUTION)☠' date='24 October 2009 - 04:27 AM' timestamp='1256376423' post='6788456']
[/quote]

I was giving the benefit of the doubt with 97%. It's really a simple matter of, the CAW mode is so different than in previous games that it has infected the brains of CAW creators. LoD shoulder pads does not a CAW make. It's as though the Original CAW creators are stuck in some sort of rift in time/space, brought back to the days of Wrestlemania 2000 on N64 with how simple, boring and ugly the CAWs are lately.

I -would- complain also about the TONS AND TONS of CAWs based on real wrestlers that look like macaroni art (Suicide, Ultimate Warrior, Zack Ryder) but I cannot make a real wrestler CAW to save my life. One time I tried to make HBK and I got Abdullah the Butcher...who was drunk, and covered in pies.
[/quote]

[font="Trebuchet MS"]
[b]Yeah, I hear ya. People do often get a little touchy on here, like "Oh, so can YOU do any better?" :rolleyes:... my big gripe is the fact that so many people gas these abortions of CAWs up by dropping comments saying "WOW!!! THIS IS GREAT!!! GOOD STUFF!!!!"...and I take one look at it and say "What in the hell are they talking about?...looks like a bad CAW of [i]ANOTHER[/i] person!" :lol:

I think, eventually, we'll be able to weed out the pieces of garbage.. but for now, what's there to do? :fedup:[/b][/font]

You know WHAT you guys need to do? Stop whining. Comminuty isnt your property. You dont decide what people make.

If people want to upload your so called crappy caws, then deal with it.

There people who like those caws. This site isnt the only svr site in the world.

Oh, And need I say one more thing that caws.ws isnt the offical svr website relating caws? Never was, Never will be.

Rate them and shut up. Thats all.

[quote name='Scott Cage' date='24 October 2009 - 05:05 AM' timestamp='1256378708' post='6788508']
You know WHAT you guys need to do? Stop whining. Comminuty isnt your property. You dont decide what people make.

There people who like those caws. This site isnt the only svr site in the world.

Oh, And need I say one more thing that caws.ws isnt the offical svr website relating caws? Never was, Never will be.

[/quote]

[font="Trebuchet MS"][b]Caws.ws is the only site that matters these days; no competition. GameFAQs hasn't mattered since like....02-03 lol Don't stand up for people and their 7 foot rappers with tribal tats...:rolleyes:...some Originals look damn cool, but most just blow on a level that sucks all the fun out of the SvR online experience as a whole when you start to realize that's ALL you've been playing against, as happened to me with SvR09... as I said before, as more & more people get online and give them all 1's, all the crap should be weeded out in no time...:cool:[/b][/font]

Your pretty much being retard witht that, as said. Stop complainign and rate the caws you think are poor.

Some people will rate them good because they liek them. Deal with it.

Comminuty isnt the property of caws.ws, and neither is it yours. Its property of Yukes. They decide who can upload and who cant.

Oh btw, Your not demanded to download caws.

I couldn't agree more with you on your frustrations on these terrible CAWs! One of my biggest issues is with tattoos. Its like people have never seen an actual tattoo before. Not only do tats fade..... they're usually never that dark to begin with! And can't people ever take a minimalistic approach? I mean tattoos are well and good, but just because you put on one tattoo, it doesn't mean you have to cover every inch of the body with tattoos in an ugly cluster*censored* manner. The rule I like to go by when making a CAW is to decide whether or not you could actually picture seeing this guy in a WWE ring. If not, you should make some adjustments.

Oh, and if I see one more CAW with baggy pants, gold chains, and a name like T-Bone or Mad Dawg..... I just may throw my TV through the window!

Amazing grammar and spelling there Scott Cage!

[quote name='SilverGriffin' date='24 October 2009 - 07:00 AM' timestamp='1256385611' post='6788706']
I saw a guy on the Community Creations yesterday, his name was Malice. All he had was a default skull mask, blue tights, satanic horns and a pentagram on his head... and I was worried people were gonna mess this mode up. Did I mentioned he was 5"6ft and was in the Super-Heavyweight class?
[/quote]

ha!...good example...:nod:

[URL=http://img408.imageshack.us/i/drunk.gif/][IMG]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2572/drunk.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='KRadiation' date='24 October 2009 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1256385469' post='6788703']
I think Scott Cage is flipping out so much because he's one of those who make these kinds of caws.
Vulpes R, you're awesome. You summed up the online community perfectly. Brilliant post.
[/quote]
Thats why I own a ps2 and got it on ps2?

I flipout bcause every single noob here posts his own topic of these complaints. dont get me wrong here but, everyone is allowed to up there caws.

Its just a matter that you guys are to lazy to rate it.

[quote name='Scott Cage' date='24 October 2009 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1256386042' post='6788727']
[quote name='KRadiation' date='24 October 2009 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1256385469' post='6788703']
I think Scott Cage is flipping out so much because he's one of those who make these kinds of caws.
Vulpes R, you're awesome. You summed up the online community perfectly. Brilliant post.
[/quote]

I flipout bcause every single noob here posts his own topic of these complaints. dont get me wrong here but, everyone is allowed to up there caws.

[/quote]

So because you have a PS2 version of the game, that means you can't and don't make caws like described in the first post? Is there some kind of auto filter on that version that stops people from making unrealistic caws covered in tattoos and tribal patterns?

I think the complaint here is valid. Not that anything will change by ranting but it's a valid point that the Online CAW community is currently flooded with these kinds of crap caws, and to be honest. No one really cares about them. A few might download some 7ft tall super heavyweight covered in tribal patterns because that interests them and that's fair enough. But I think the majority really want real world caws. If you make a real world CAW of say Sting in various attires and upload that then that makes sense. You've made someone that a lot of people, a hell of a lot of people will want. But if you make some fantasy jobber covered in tattoos and set the colour to a ridiculous unrealistic cartoon tone and ruin the entire caw with huge arms and a stupid powerbomb filled moveset and then upload it (not forgetting to download it on their other profile and rate it 5 stars). Whose benefit is that for? Who are they uploading that for? Do they think there are millions of people out there with a fetish for stupid looking messes?

you forgot one important thing in your list:
After you rated it like you think about it (like one or two stars)
you'll get spammed by pm because you're so gay for doing that etc
after that he'll reupload his caw with writing using the comment box for comments like"-->YOUR NAME HERE<--- is a %&$#@!!!!"
..happened to me yesterday ..

[quote name='KRadiation' date='24 October 2009 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1256386643' post='6788749']
[quote name='Scott Cage' date='24 October 2009 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1256386042' post='6788727']
[/quote]

[/quote]

So because you have a PS2 version of the game, that means you can't and don't make caws like described in the first post? Is there some kind of auto filter on that version that stops people from making unrealistic caws covered in tattoos and tribal patterns?

I think the complaint here is valid. Not that anything will change by ranting but it's a valid point that the Online CAW community is currently flooded with these kinds of crap caws, and to be honest. No one really cares about them. A few might download some 7ft tall super heavyweight covered in tribal patterns because that interests them and that's fair enough. But I think the majority really want real world caws. If you make a real world CAW of say Sting in various attires and upload that then that makes sense. You've made someone that a lot of people, a hell of a lot of people will want. But if you make some fantasy jobber covered in tattoos and set the colour to a ridiculous unrealistic cartoon tone and ruin the entire caw with huge arms and a stupid powerbomb filled moveset and then upload it (not forgetting to download it on their other profile and rate it 5 stars). Whose benefit is that for? Who are they uploading that for? Do they think there are millions of people out there with a fetish for stupid looking messes?
[/quote]
As said.. Its there *censored*ing world. They want to upload it? Thats fine. Its up to you RATING it only.

I myself, love fantasy caws. I did it on every wrestling game i had, including on dor2, which had awesome fantasy possibilitys. So does this version of svr.

+ The game just got out, and there filters for caws, such as the ability to write what your searchign for. Meh..

YOu guys just complain about every little function.

Go make caws yourself if you dotn like them.

[quote name='Vulpes R' date='24 October 2009 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1256374628' post='6788372']snip[/quote]

OMFG! You made El Jobbo! You, sir.. kick alot of ass. I DL'd and 5'd that the second I saw it.

But yeah, you spit truth. Game's only been out for 3 days.. I'm *censored*ing sick of sifting through a thousand Jokers, Doink the Clowns, and anything with "Death" in the name. Apparently these kids nowdays have an affinity for clowns and killing. Too much ICP if you ask me.

I can see both sides of the story here.

On one hand you have to respect that some people do like making CAWs like this, but on the other, it does get tedious when you see that all of the CAWs look the same or have the same general theme of unrealistic colouring and pathetic masks and names.

I, myself, must admit that I do sort of mix the two. The CAWs I make usually have dark tats (not pitch black, slightly faded), and trousers of some kind, but never do I give them a bad name like 'DE4TH 5T4R' or something reaaaally bad, I don't see the point.

To conclude, if you're going to make a CAW, at least make it the slightest bit realistic, i.e. fade the tats, lighten the pitch black hair and clothes, don't always use the face covering hair and give it a decent name!!

[quote name='Scott Cage' date='24 October 2009 - 05:05 AM' timestamp='1256378708' post='6788508']

[/quote]

I do rate them. Every single CAW I view/downloaded is rated. Can I help that I am super f'n picky about what I like? Nope. As for your CAWS.ws statement, I dunno why you had to throw that little tidbit of information in there but sure. Awesome. Kudos.

[quote name='MrDanger33' date='24 October 2009 - 06:52 AM' timestamp='1256385165' post='6788694']
I couldn't agree more with you on your frustrations on these terrible CAWs! One of my biggest issues is with tattoos. Its like people have never seen an actual tattoo before. Not only do tats fade..... they're usually never that dark to begin with! And can't people ever take a minimalistic approach? I mean tattoos are well and good, but just because you put on one tattoo, it doesn't mean you have to cover every inch of the body with tattoos in an ugly cluster*censored* manner. The rule I like to go by when making a CAW is to decide whether or not you could actually picture seeing this guy in a WWE ring. If not, you should make some adjustments.

Oh, and if I see one more CAW with baggy pants, gold chains, and a name like T-Bone or Mad Dawg..... I just may throw my TV through the window!

Amazing grammar and spelling there Scott Cage!
[/quote]

I too am very judgmental about tattoos, mostly because I have a smattering of them AND my best friend of 26 years works in a tattoo shop. Now he does have some stories about stupid tattoo ideas, but those would be works of Kat Von D art compared to the bulky pitch black of all the tribal online.

[quote name='SilverGriffin' date='24 October 2009 - 07:00 AM' timestamp='1256385611' post='6788706']
I saw a guy on the Community Creations yesterday, his name was Malice. All he had was a default skull mask, blue tights, satanic horns and a pentagram on his head... and I was worried people were gonna mess this mode up. Did I mention he was 5"6ft and was in the Super-Heavyweight class?
[/quote]

I saw someone layer the skull face paint overtop the default blue mask. x2 insanity on that one. Maybe Charles Manson has access to the game in jail?

[quote name='Scott Cage' date='24 October 2009 - 07:07 AM' timestamp='1256386042' post='6788727']
[/quote]

[/quote]

You again! Didn't I reply to your already? n00b, huh? Sonny-Jim, I am FAR from a n00b, newbie or other dumb-assed lamer word you saw on a sitcom on ABC. In fact, take a look at the SvR 06 Original CAWs board, I have HUGE showcases on there. Also you may want to check out my original content in 10 so far. :3

And didn't I just tell you I rate every CAW I see?

[quote name='Scott Cage' date='24 October 2009 - 07:41 AM' timestamp='1256388078' post='6788813']
[quote name='KRadiation' date='24 October 2009 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1256386643' post='6788749']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As said.. Its there *censored*ing world. They want to upload it? Thats fine. Its up to you RATING it only.

I myself, love fantasy caws. I did it on every wrestling game i had, including on dor2, which had awesome fantasy possibilitys. So does this version of svr.

+ The game just got out, and there filters for caws, such as the ability to write what your searchign for. Meh..

YOu guys just complain about every little function.

Go make caws yourself if you dotn like them.
[/quote]

I do make my own CAWs--ALL ORIGINAL CAWs, minus Starman from NES Pro Wrestling. Did I forget to mention that my download numbers are f'n huge as are my ratings? I don't think I did. Well there you go. If you're asking me to Zombieland "nut-up or shut up", do a keyword search for NBW and view content by creator. I am there. Dig it with a shovel.

[quote name='SRK SERVALCAT' date='24 October 2009 - 08:09 AM' timestamp='1256389757' post='6788878']
[quote name='Vulpes R' date='24 October 2009 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1256374628' post='6788372']snip[/quote]

OMFG! You made El Jobbo! You, sir.. kick alot of ass. I DL'd and 5'd that the second I saw it.

But yeah, you spit truth. Game's only been out for 3 days.. I'm *censored*ing sick of sifting through a thousand Jokers, Doink the Clowns, and anything with "Death" in the name. Apparently these kids nowdays have an affinity for clowns and killing. Too much ICP if you ask me.
[/quote]

Yes, I made El Jobbo. Took a hell of a long time to get the eyes to look right along with the mask. Glad you liked! As for me, we have had the game since launch day, and sure it's a newish CAW system but in reality, we have been making CAWs for years now and you would think people would up the standards a bit.

Archived