Help with SvR2009 Submissions

Kenny Dykstra Fan

Hello. I just want to ask a quick question: in SvR2009, there are a handful of submission holds that are not struggle submissions. Does anyone know how to maintain the hold? Because if you preview it in the Create-A-Movelist section, it shows the green guy keeping the submission locked in. But, when I play a match, my CAW (who has the Rear Naked Choke as his sig) initiates the submission, but immediately releases the opponent. Is it even possible to maintain the hold? Respond at your leisure.

Well, that's stupid! What's the point of having those submissions in the game if you can't even use them properly? What's the use of a submission if your superstar only pulls once, then lets go? Especially when it shows the green guy in CAM wrenching indefinitely? That was a HUGE mistake on the developers' part! Humph!

Grr, darn computer! It double posted my reply!

[quote name='Kenny Dykstra Fan' post='6770841' date='Oct 19 2009, 10:26 AM']Meh, at least they are adding more Struggle Submissions in SvR2010. For instance, THEY ARE BRINGING BACK THE CROSSFACE! Plus, they are also bringing back the single-leg crab, and I have heard rumors that the gogoplata might somehow be made a Struggle Submission...[/quote]

Don't think it is. There's a video of all of the moves that are finishers and when it gets to the gogoplata or whatever it's called, it's not listed as a struggle submission

It's strange though; I had my guy put his opponent in the RNC during a match, and I just started mashing buttons, and the screen started shaking, and I could have sworn my guy held the RNC slightly longer...

Plus, like I may have said in an earlier reply, I am having trouble understanding why the developers had the green guy in the CAM menu keep the hold indefinitely, yet have him immediately let go in-game...

Because they couldn't be bothered to shorten the animation in CA-Move Set mode just because of a "Minor bug" like this... i guess. And no, whatever you do it won't hold more than the setup animation + ONE "stretch" animation (which is usually repeated according to your submission skill or until they tap ...)

Archived