Dre's CAWS

DreConSmith

Perhaps I should explain some of the reasoning for the designs (or lack of). First off when I had all these CAWs in mind I was hoping I'd be able to make a CAW league in the near future. Summer was coming and I was optimistic I'd get a job and then be able to purchase some of the materials I'd need for the CAW show. So thinking that I'd eventually do a show I didn't want too many people looking "HOLY SHIT THAT ATTIRE'S AWESOME" for a sense of realism, you know? Not all wrestlers have abstract stuff like Evan Bourne or AJ Styles, some have really simple clothing. Also, I'm working with a PS2 so I only have 32 layers and they finish faster than I thought when I start to roll with an idea then have to cut it down for something simpler. Having said that I'll give some info on the individual CAWs.

[color="orange"][u][b]Omarri (Face)[/b][/u][/color]: First off I'm not loving his name but I couldn't come up with anything that didn't sound any less lame or generic. I wanted to make a Jay Lethal-esque wrestler so I hoped to make a decent and snazzy design. I had the idea for the stars on his left leg ahead of time and went with that almost immediately. The design on the right leg is an HBK logo with a basic tattoo on it that I blended together to look as one. The tie-dye washed look of the pants was the last addition and I really found it by accident since in the prior Smackdowns I never used them. The rest was just me trying shit and running with it. I was extremely happy with the result with him. I don't remember how many layers he uses but I'm sure its close to 32.

[color="orange"][u][b]Julion King and Nathanial Cruise - Team High Impact (Heel)[/b][/u][/color]: Honestly I hate the name "High Impact". I want to change it but cant come up with anything. First, I love the designs on their pants. I absolutely love it. It's simple to make and it came out nice in my opinion especially since I was stumped on what to do with them. I wanted this to be a tag team that would have identical attire which is why they link up completely besides the boots. The armbands are another source of mass layering. I really wanted to give them really unique armbands and I really liked the end product. Julion (short hair) is actually 30 layers so if I'm to add anything else I may need to get rid of something but eh I'll look into it if i feel the need to do so. Nothing much to say about Nathan since he actually was a copy of Julion but with a different body, face and all that jazz.

[color="orange"][u][b]Ruthless Aggression (Tweener)[/b][/u][/color]: Ok, with his appearance I'm rather stubborn as he's looked the same since HCTP which is why he looks so generic. In 2003/2004 my CAWs were no masterpieces. I still have them and looking back I laugh at their simplicity. Also when I'd watched my CAWs wrestle themselves back in HCTP Ruthless had a tendency to win. So I kind of have a "if it aint broke dont fix it" mentality with him. I love his arm bands/pads/strap ensemble. Those are the first things I make whenever I recreate him. When I originally made Ruthless he was an aggressive HHH/Edge/Benoit heel hybrid. His look hasn't changed much but the only thing I couldn't add were the shin guards he had in HCTP/06/07/DOR2 because this game *censored*s all that up but placing shin guards in the "socks" section which you cant put over shoes in layer editing. Yea, I've looked back at him and thought he could use a makeover but I have no clue what to do. I'll give him a facelift since I agree he is pretty bland below the belt.

[color="orange"][u][b]Vicious (Heel)[/b][/u][/color]: In all honesty, he's a throwaway CAW. I made him without a single idea in mind but that eye scar and that he wouldn't be white. Yea, I run an equal opportunity indie fed (not on the interwebs). Nothing much to say about him but the scar/scorpion pants design came out decent but he's rather naked up top. I wanted him to be simple however to stay away from the heavy tatted or trippy looking CAWs. I guess I lock myself in a box with that mindset. Hmmm. He'll could use a touch up.

[color="orange"][u][b]"Cover Model" Axel Stone (Heel)[/b][/u][/color]: He's another HCTP original so I'm a bit sentimental about him. He garnered loads of laughs from friends and family alike who'd witness his antics in the ring. He's a classic heel is why I didnt want to give him too much going on with his attire. The arrows on his undies are brand new and I liked that addition. I'm thinking of changing him up a tad and giving him a facelift much like Ruthless needs but not too much in fear of losing what I started with in HCTP/05/06/07/DOR2/ and later No Mercy.

[color="orange"][u][b]Griffin (Face)[/b][/u][/color]: He originated in 06. I was very happy to make him in 09 for the reason that there is a bit more abilities for high-flyers as well as your opponent STAYS ON THE FREAKING FLOOR LONG ENOUGH FOR A TOP ROPE MOVE!! It was frustrating to give a guy a Swanton Bomb and having to depend on luck and ultra precise timing to land it. Anyway, he's rather identical to his 06 look with the colors and mask bases and spikes but the designs are all new. Those designs were completely random and worked so I just remade it three times (boots and forehead). I liked it a lot. He uses all 32 layers.

[color="orange"][u][b]"The X Factor" Damian Xanatos (Face)[/b][/u][/color]: The name "Xanatos" came straight from Gargoyles; I loved it then and I love it now. Anyway, this guy was my AJ Styles so to speak. I had recently discovered TNA on FSN and wanted to create someone of that style. Damian's a HCTP original but his current style comes from 06. Basing off 06 forced me to change him up (shin guard bullshit again) so I changed his lower body attire substantially. First off I looked for X's in the game. The HBK/DX cross was handy. The left leg took some time to make because I took a normal tights design and added blue circles in specific places then added the letter X over it. So it took a while to complete. Originally Damian wore briefs instead of tights. I made the change to give him something new and to give him an edge over the guys who were simpler. I added designs to the boots about a month ago. They looked too naked. The white bottoms happened entirely by mistake. I noticed that if you put the rectangle design close enough to the bottom it will spread out across the sole of the shoe. I got excited and continued on with it. The boot tongues have upside-down broken hearts with some weird X in it. I really like his new attire a lot and I have no intention of changing it.

[color="orange"][u][b]"Superstar" Kevin Tate (Face)[/b][/u][/color]: Like Damian, he's another high-flyer. No real specific wrestler inspiration however. I made Kevin (I'm not in love with the name) in DOR2 and he looks a whole lot different there. The similarities are the hair/skin color and the attire colors, most specifically the dark green. Most of him is random and nothing was planned but the usage of dark green and that he'd have blond hair. One thing I loved about DOR2 is that they had a wide range of boots and I loved mixing the colors up. The Smackdown series doesn't have the coloring options that DOR and the N64 wrestling games did so you have to mask it with designs which is what I tried with Kevin's boots. What I conjured up I find somewhat appealing. I do think I need to put something in the middle but I don't think I can now since I changed his briefs again. Changing his briefs I think used up all his layers, if not I'll think of something. His new briefs I absolutely adore since redoing them. I'm not changing them.

[color="orange"][u][b]"Beast Mode" Quinton Erickson (Face)[/b][/u][/color]: No, I did not base him off of Ezekiel Jackson. I made him long before Zeke came about. In fact Quinton looks nearly identical to my DOR2 character "The Human Suplex Machine" (such an original name, I know right?). Big black man, same bald head and beard. Anyway, when I made Quinton I had a few people in mind Laurence Fishburne in Othello (bald head and beard like the movie character and I gave Quinton gap teeth like Laurence), and Quinton Jackson the MMA fighter (hence the name Quinton). His attire is very simple. Too simple. I do want to change it but don't know what to do with it. Give me some time. I think the problem is I used so many layers for his beard and arm accessories. Not too much is left. I'll look into that and see what I can do.

[color="orange"][u][b]Storm Peters (Face)[/b][/u][/color]: Storm is supposed to be a veteran so I had an old-school look for him. I first made his underwear all black with nothing on it. I later felt it was just too bland and later added the odd looking bolt thingys to give him some flare. The "SP" was reminiscent of the Arn Anderson "AA" or the Ric Flair "RF" on his boots. I was going to put "SP" on Storm's boots but they didn't look right. I had the Rock in mind for Storm which is why his look and build is a tad similar but he's not intended to be Rock-like. His somewhat wrinkled face and knee brace are a way of showing that he's an aged wrestler with a storied career. He's supposed to be in his late 30's early 40's.

[color="orange"][u][b]Reckless (Heel)[/b][/u][/color]: What fed can live without a hardcore guy? Reckless is an 06 guy. Since I wasn't going to show his body I needed to make his shirt stand out. I feel I did a fairly good job with his shirt. Its the same as his 06 shirt but with a little more detailing such as adding the HHH symbol on the back and the blood on the front. His Mohawk is different but overall he's pretty similar to 06. The wrap on his right arm is obviously a way to show that he takes risks and thinks nothing of it. I like him a lot. Another 32 layer CAW I believe.

Lemme know what you guys think. I have about 27 caws and there are just a few. Give feedback. Feel free to judge, compliment, bash or whatever. I just wanna know what you guys think.

• 1 month later...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELTfcpzYzdQ[/media]

I was supposed to wait to finish this later in the week but since I got a song from my friend that I felt just fit Storm so beautifully I was too excited that I just had to finish it as soon as I developed a concept.

Storm Peters (Face): When I created Storm I knew I wanted to make a guy that was a little older than the young talent. My idea was for him to appear to have had a successful career but I didnt want him to look too much like a jacked up, dominating super-face. I dont know how you guys are with Caws you make but Storm is one of those I look at over and over and feel the characters persona ooze off the screen as I watch him walk down the ramp and what him wrestle. He's really simple but I dont have any intentions of changing a thing.

Storm is supposed to be a veteran so I had an old-school look for him. I first made his underwear all black with nothing on it. I later felt it was just too bland and later added the odd looking bolt thingys to give him some flare. The "SP" was reminiscent of the Arn Anderson "AA" or the Ric Flair "RF" on his boots. I was going to put "SP" on Storm's boots but they didn't look right. I had the Rock in mind for Storm which is why his look and build is a tad similar but he's not intended to be Rock-like. His somewhat wrinkled face and knee brace are a way of showing that he's an aged wrestler with a storied career. He's supposed to be in his early to late 30's.

• 2 weeks later...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrDwcnlLjdU[/media]

After watching TNA, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League I got to changing up some of my CAW's attires. I mentioned in previous videos that some of them bored me so here are such changes I cared to share at the moment.

I didn't think I'd like Kendall's new look as much as I did while I was making it because some things weren't clicking in the beginning but toward the end my eyes lit up and I just fell in love with it. To be honest his new attire is the main reason this video was made. I was so enamored with it that I felt compelled to share even though I hadn't thought of a theme for him yet. I do like Quinton's new gear as well primarily the front. At times I feel the back is missing something but the blurs set on CAWs private areas are annoying. I get they dont want people to draw genitals but what's stopping us from drawing a dick on someone's forehead? Adamo looks a lot cooler as well with his new tats and jacket. My first reaction after completing him months ago was "Eh, he'll be enhancement talent if I ever start a show" but now I feel a little different. His jacket, I like a lot and is very simple; I wish I could have added a little more but I just dont have any more layers. Ruthless and Axel stayed true to their look in previous games with minor adjustments. Axel however has new entrance attire. He used to come out with a very stylish open shirt and leather pants but I traded those in for a leather jacket and aviators. Why? I dont know; something about aviators and a leather coat screams "asshole' to me.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPHAhQzyeio[/media]

I suck ass at graphics. Really bad. It's my own fault really since I dont take the time to look up help on how to use the software. I just fiddle with it and hope for the best. Anyway, I was fiddling with Gimp to make an entrance banner graphic or however you wanna call it and this is what I came up with. I like it so much I may keep it unless by some stroke of luck I outdo myself.

Oh and thanks Super Macho Man of the SMF forums for making the "FSPW" logo in the upper left corner for me.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPHAhQzyeio[/media]

I suck ass at graphics. Really bad. It's my own fault really since I dont take the time to look up help on how to use the software. I just fiddle with it and hope for the best. Anyway, I was fiddling with Gimp to make an entrance banner graphic or however you wanna call it and this is what I came up with. I like it so much I may keep it unless by some stroke of luck I outdo myself.

Oh and thanks Super Macho Man of the SMF forums for making the "FSPW" logo in the upper left corner for me.

Archived