Developer Q&A

THQInsider

We've got the opportunity to send over some questions to the Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 team for an exclusive Q&A!

What I'd like is for you all to add your questions, and we'll pick the top 3 or so to be sent over to the team.

We're looking for the interesting, amusing, unusual, and unasked.
This is a chance to find out about everything from the development process to the intricacies of gaming features.

I'll be accepting questions in this thread all week, finishing Friday.

Weapons situation, are the weapons still the old, hit hit hit hit, drop on the floor before disappearing or will the chair break or buckle with every hit and are there any updates to the weapons finishers ie more table finishers, more on top of the ladder finishers and more chair grapple moves

[quote name='Son_Of_Show' post='6678889' date='Sep 29 2009, 07:10 PM']Weapons situation, are the weapons still the old, hit hit hit hit, drop on the floor before disappearing or will the chair break or buckle with every hit and are there any updates to the weapons finishers ie more table finishers, more on top of the ladder finishers and more chair grapple moves[/quote]
[font="Georgia"]Weapons still disappear; after 4 hits.[/font]

[quote name='Aqueo.â„¢' post='6678930' date='Sep 29 2009, 10:06 AM']Please people don't ask dumb questions. Think before you ask.[/quote]

YES SIR since ur the master of all that is in this world & beyond.

[b]IN STORY MODE DO WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO MULITIPLAYER STORYLINES IE TAG TEAM, STABLES, AGAINST FRIENDS OR CAN WE ONLY CREATE SINGLE PLAYER STORYMODES IE US AGAING CPU, SO BASICALLY IS IT ONLY A SINGLE PLAYER MODE?[/b]

I have a few questions

-What are the improvements of the Hell in a Cell match
-How will the Championship Scramble match work
-With CAW's alt attires, if i change tights (on my normal attire) to jean shorts, will it keep the other attire as tights or will it make them both jean shorts
-Does the WWE Champ belt still spin?
-In Superstar Threads, how will it work for superstars with Alt. Attires? Will you be able to edit them, make another 3 versions of that one etc.

what kind of customisation will we have in relation to attributes for created wrestlers

[quote name='Justice Sweet' post='6678960' date='Sep 29 2009, 08:19 PM'][quote name='Aqueo.â„¢' post='6678930' date='Sep 29 2009, 10:06 AM']Please people don't ask dumb questions. Think before you ask.[/quote]

[b]IN STORY MODE DO WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO MULITIPLAYER STORYLINES IE TAG TEAM, STABLES, AGAINST FRIENDS OR CAN WE ONLY CREATE SINGLE PLAYER STORYMODES IE US AGAING CPU, SO BASICALLY IS IT ONLY A SINGLE PLAYER MODE?[/b]
[/quote]
its single player only

- If someone creates a story that involves CAWs, will the CAWs been included in the download? Are CAWs not allowed in the cut-scenes of created stories?

- It was said that you can share any of your creations online. I was wondering, specifically, what we can share; CAWs? Movesets? Created Finishers? Created Entrances (sans custom music)?

- Aside from the point system that has been implemented for the 3D parts, are there layer limitations to the CAWs this year (as it has been 32 and 64 in the past)?

- Has the advanced entrance creation been improved? Do we still have to see the 2 seconds of crowd between each section? Can we have pyro go off more than one time in a certain section?

[quote name='Odyssey' post='6679132' date='Sep 29 2009, 06:57 AM']Will Chris Benoit be an unlockable Legend?[/quote]
lool

How many Created wrestlers will we be able to use in the new Create a Story mode? Also, In Create a Story mode, Will we have three exclusive rosters for Raw, ECW and Smackdown? Or will the roster spread between all three brands?

Thank you.

Thanks to the THQ chat on WWE.com we know that there are no connecting backstage area's. But is there anyything new in the Falls Count Anywhere match? Like can you go through the entrance set. Or in the crowd or anything like that?

Is the Hell in a Cell any bigger? And are there improvements to the match?

[quote name='Bandwidth Exceeded ⎷⎛' post='6679124' date='Sep 29 2009, 11:53 AM']what kind of customisation will we have in relation to attributes for created wrestlers

[quote name='Justice Sweet' post='6678960' date='Sep 29 2009, 08:19 PM'][quote name='Aqueo.â„¢' post='6678930' date='Sep 29 2009, 10:06 AM']Please people don't ask dumb questions. Think before you ask.[/quote]

[/quote]
its single player only
[/quote]
No it was never confirmed that it was only single player it never actually cinfirmed there was no multiplayer which is why i asked to get a definitaive answer rather than a half assed it might be it might not. Yes i have seen the answer they gave but it was way to vague and didnt confirm anything.

[quote name='SYDFC4ME' post='6679210' date='Sep 29 2009, 01:14 PM'][quote name='SomeGuy36' post='6679208' date='Sep 29 2009, 11:11 PM']Is there still a crotch Blur?[/quote]

They said in the THQ chat that there is
[/quote]
Never heard of this THQ Chat if you chould can you give me some proof?

[quote name='SomeGuy36' post='6679218' date='Sep 29 2009, 11:21 PM'][quote name='SYDFC4ME' post='6679210' date='Sep 29 2009, 01:14 PM'][quote name='SomeGuy36' post='6679208' date='Sep 29 2009, 11:11 PM']Is there still a crotch Blur?[/quote]

They said in the THQ chat that there is
[/quote]
Never heard of this THQ Chat if you chould can you give me some proof?
[/quote]

not even halfway down the page [url="http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=339647&st=0&start=0"]http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=3...t=0&start=0[/url]

[b]Same as I asked on the chat and ignored, is the total limit for caws in a single story mode (I'm not talking about individual scenes which I know is up to 5) 10 or 30? as both have been 'officially' stated, sort of.

I'd say that the game looks as good as it ever has done if not better this year, by the way, so thanks for the obvious effort :)

Now more of a hardcore question, the guys love them, ;) When is it likely that we'll see a large difference in gameplay? 2,3 games away? 4or5?

I understand it takes a lot of work, to improve and add to the game each year, let alone think about starting again.. but the game's ran on the same innards for plenty a year now which started somewhere a generation back.

It seems that there's always a new theme, or gimmick worked on each game while the base gets minor tweaks.

Perhaps the inclusion of Havok and hopefully more in future, can address things I'm thinking of starting again for anyway, over time..

Things like being able to clip characters with punches,
giving a more natural flow to fighting and grappling, allowing for less rigid and set instances in ring.

Such as suplexing someone out the ring instead of both sliding back to the centre if you're too close to the edge. And more of a weight/balance detection to the matches. for instance smaller guys trying to suplex someone back into the ring from the apron, wont necessarily achieve it but can still have a go..
Also improving the look, use and [i]variables[/i] of using tables ladders and chairs.

Lastly, not least, having more possibily for interaction between 3 or 4 people in ring. Say someone gets irish whipped and thrown into the ref or a bystander, it would bring the game much more alive if they collided convincingly. I guess what I'm saying is, UFC'09 had some fantastic points to it that, brought over some way to SDVR, could colour it enormously in terms of realism and depth.

I think that making the game less predictable in play this way would generate a lot more interest.

Thanks for reading, regardless if it's sent on or not. I got it off my chest anyway :)[/b]

Main Question;

Are the caw making "simular" for Ps3 and 360 this year ?

Meaning, can the Ps3 caw makers download a "360 caw" and vice versa ??? Last year the ps3 makers could make the 360 caws, but had to settle for HALF the layers as usual...

Someone already asked a similar and it isn't about SVR2009 but since its going to the developers...

When will the game get a big graphical improvement? Even though Graphics are not the main thing for me, I am really annoyed that its nearly 2010 and we are on console's that have so much power yet we still have graphics that are very "cartoony"

Compared to other fighting games like Fight Night Round 4 and UFC Undisputed the SvR series is so far behind.

So, when can we expect the game to be making the jump to "next gen" graphics

Archived