Anyone elese getting Freezing on PS3 after update?

underdog4

I like LOWM and just started to play it again, but suddenly I findit freezing a WHOLE LOT more than I remember (actually I don't remember it EVER freezing).

I think it's one of those games affected like Drake's Fortune. Matches are usually fine - but don't try for that Legends Tier of beating 10 people at once. I've had it freeze TWICE on # 8 . . .arghhh!!

Sony better fix this fast!
ANyone else have a ps3 version and experiencing this?

[quote name='cashmaster' post='6658114' date='Sep 24 2009, 05:59 PM']No. I managed to complete Legends Tier and get the Trophy.[/quote]

Problem is that it's NOT consistent. SOmetimes I can complete a whole Legends Tier - other times it will freeze. It's not enough freezing to make it unplayable - BUT it's enough to be annoying.

Sometimes you can have several rumbles with no problem and then one WILL freeze randomly.

I'm sure this is not isolated to LOWM as other people are reporting problems with other games.

It's clear that it isn't the hardware to me since it's happening on an older system and a new one. And the disc is fine, so I'm pretty sure it's firmware 3.0 (1).

BNow that I know my older model isn't broken, I'm just going to sell it since it's worth more because it's backwards compatible. It'll make up for the new system and I'll have $$ to spare. I have a ps2, so I don't need the B/C feature.

Hopefully the next firmware update will fix these issues for many games.

[quote name='Juice®' post='6660056' date='Sep 25 2009, 12:50 AM']Um, is your disc scratched?[/quote]

Nope - perfect condition. It happens randomly - you can play for hours and it won't and then one time it will just freeze during a match requiring reboot. This has happened on an older 60 gig one and a brand new one after the latest 3.01 firmware update.

If you go in and play 1 or 2 matches, you may never encounter this - but I'm positive it's not the disc or the machine unless I'm the victim of a really rare coincidence of getting two bum machines, lol!

Lots of people are rpoerting random freezes with the latest firmware. Sony corrected to 3.01 b/c of the Uncharted freezes, so it's not hard to imagine other games are still affected DESPITE Sony's denials through tech support.

[quote name='reptileink' post='6657707' date='Sep 24 2009, 03:12 PM']I added a new custom music song for Adam Bomb, and screwed up 50% of my entrance music for my CAW.....and that's on the 360.

Now I have to re-do 30 entrance songs..... grumble[/quote]

The game must have problems on all formats because on PS3 it's just LOW that had my custom music changed, SVR09 which works exactly the same way remained absolutely fine.

No - 3.01 didn't fix it - but it's extremely sporadic. IN fact, if you don't play the game alot you wouldn't know.

I can have several matches with no problem. Then one day, boot it up and it will freeze on the first match. I'll restart and have no problem for an hour.

SOmetimes you go through Legend Killer with no problem - other times a freeze. It happens much less on my newer slim, but it's there. It's not the hardware and it's not the disc.

It's probably a fluke thing that will be fixed with the next firmware update b/c there are still people having trouble with other games.

The biggest pain was trying to build stats for my CAW'S and going through legend killer. INstead of trying to do 10 in a row, I just quit after a match b/c you still get to save your earned points.

Archived