Hows this game? + Online?

RV1709

Hey,

So i always assumed that this game was not worth it. I didnt even try the demo until today. For starters, i like that the gameplay is different. SVR 09's novelty wore off pretty quick as i was used to the controls. This one, Ive lost almost every match i've played..So yeah, i like the chain wrestling and everything..

I may buy this game if the online is good because that kinda extends the shelf-life of the game after you've got all achievements.

So, Lemme know.. Thanks!

Its THQ and its a wrestling game. So think about that and the fact that theres 4 Fists Of Fury Combos :P your not gonna have very realistic matches online. I still think you should buy the game especially if your a wrestling game collector.

I had more fun w/ LOW than I ever had w/ any Smackdown game BUT only for the first week or two. After that I realized that the acrade like control system was not gonna get any harder no matter what difficulty or sliders I used. Its very easy to win EVERY match w/out getting into chain grapples. Don't get me wrong, the chain grapples were a good idea but it isn't like you are forced into having them. So easy to block ur opponets move and counter w/ a strong grapple that you don't see very many different moves or go into many chain grapples. I don't like that the finishers are chains either. That really is my only problem w/ the game though. I'm glad I have it. Its fun to play around with. But it's not challenging, you will always not just beat the computer but u'll do it w/out being touched. If this game just had the realism and gameplay of SvR it would be pretty close to perfect for me.

[quote name='NotoriousNick' post='6561919' date='Sep 2 2009, 06:34 AM']I had more fun w/ LOW than I ever had w/ any Smackdown game BUT only for the first week or two. After that I realized that the acrade like control system was not gonna get any harder no matter what difficulty or sliders I used. Its very easy to win EVERY match w/out getting into chain grapples. Don't get me wrong, the chain grapples were a good idea but it isn't like you are forced into having them. So easy to block ur opponets move and counter w/ a strong grapple that you don't see very many different moves or go into many chain grapples. I don't like that the finishers are chains either. That really is my only problem w/ the game though. I'm glad I have it. Its fun to play around with. But it's not challenging, you will always not just beat the computer but u'll do it w/out being touched. If this game just had the realism and gameplay of SvR it would be pretty close to perfect for me.[/quote]

I sort of agree, however, I got my ass handed to me(The Headshrinkers) by the Road Warriors, so not every match is a sure win(for me anyway)

I suggest turning the game up on the difficulty level from day one and you will have more of a challenge.

It's fun if you are a wrestling fan. The graphics are awesome, and the added touches like Jake's Snake, thumbtacks, Million Dollar Man bill stuff, and the fact you can make 30 custom wrestlers and add custom music to their entrances gives this game endless replay.

Thanks guys.

What i really like about this game is that - going in ... i had no idea about the controls, so ill have to learn these new ones, get used to the chain wrestling stuff... So it's fun in that sense

Svr 09, i knew exactly what i was doing... the grapples, the movement.. so the novelty wore off pretty quick!

Archived