A Piledriver?!?!

Stripes

On iMPACT tonight, Eric Young used a piledriver on AJ Styles. I thought that the piledriver was banned throughout wrestling (with the exception of the Tombstone). I wonder if that was a one time thing (to make a point so to speak), or if they (TNA at least) are gonna bring it back?

[quote name='JDogâ„¢' post='6369343' date='Jul 23 2009, 06:55 PM']Piledrivers are banned? :???:[/quote]
Yeah, because they're too dangerous (just look at Stone Cold). But I guess the Tombstone is safer or something

[quote name='Orion.' post='6369420' date='Jul 23 2009, 10:10 PM']Yea, I never realised it either. Altho Im trying to remember the last time I saw a piledriver other than the tombstone used and I really cant.[/quote]

how 'bout in the stone cold/angle feud a few years back. They both got each other wth a piledriver outside the ring. Or pretty much any Jerry Lynn match outside of the E. Or the Canadian Destroyer .. that kinda counts.

[quote name='P-Truth' post='6369457' date='Jul 23 2009, 09:20 PM'][quote name='JDogâ„¢' post='6369343' date='Jul 23 2009, 06:55 PM']Piledrivers are banned? :???:[/quote]
Yeah, because they're too dangerous (just look at Stone Cold). But I guess the Tombstone is safer or something
[/quote]
Huh. Never noticed.

[quote name='JDogâ„¢' post='6369467' date='Jul 23 2009, 07:22 PM'][quote name='P-Truth' post='6369457' date='Jul 23 2009, 09:20 PM'][quote name='JDogâ„¢' post='6369343' date='Jul 23 2009, 06:55 PM']Piledrivers are banned? :???:[/quote]
[/quote]
Huh. Never noticed.
[/quote]
Like did you notice that King didnt use the piledriver on TBK on RAW even though thats his established finisher. So yeah, they're pretty much banned (much like the SSP was for years)

The tombstone could've been banned because of when Kane accidentally dropped HHH straight on his head and nearly broke his neck, thank god it didn't happen.

Piledriver is banned in WWE, it isn't banned in TNA and hasn't been shown because nobody uses it as a signature move anymore

[quote name='.roBeRT' post='6369738' date='Jul 23 2009, 08:15 PM']I think that's a WWE rule[/quote]
Well Mike Tenay went on for a while saying theres an "unwritten locker room rule not to use the piledriver". So I guess all promotions at least try to only use it as little as possible

its not banned. as i was furiously told.
It just that only some of the wrestlers are allowed to use it, because its dangerous to use.
a tombstone isn't as dangerous because the performer has a better grip on the opponent, and the opponent is able to hold around the performers waist.

[quote name='Ronson' post='6371576' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:25 AM']I was pretty shocked when that happened too. I mean, i was watching and then i noticed that AJ's head looked like it hit the ground first O_O I might be wrong but it looked REALLY clear to me.

Did anyone else see this?[/quote]
I noticed too. I was like "Oh sh!t :o "

Archived