WWE Signs Eugene, Next Week's RAW Guest Host, More

Mick.

WWE United States Champion Kofi Kingston will face Big Show in a non-title match on this week's WWE Superstars on WGN America.

- WWE has signed "Eugene" Dinsmore to a deal. They want to help him groom the up and coming WWE talents. No word yet if he will be coming back to the main roster.

- The special guest host of next week's live RAW will be [url="javascript:;"]
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
[/url]
ZZ Top

Source: [url="http://www.wrestling-edge.com"]http://www.wrestling-edge.com[/url]

I hope to God that Nick Dinsmore, if and when he returns to a WWE ring, does not have the 'Eugene' gimmick again. Only in WWE can a potential main eventer become burdened with a crappy gimmick that ruins their career and credibility, as well as robbing them of their dignity.

Kofi vs. 'Show sounds like a good match.

I find it great that he's grooming new talent but would also like for him to be on the main roster.

I was hoping Dusty for guest host. I don't have a good feelin about next weeks RAW.

[quote name='Rated-R-Megastar' post='6318007' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:18 AM']I hope to God that Nick Dinsmore, if and when he returns to a WWE ring, does not have the 'Eugene' gimmick again. Only in WWE can a potential main eventer become burdened with a crappy gimmick that ruins their career and credibility, as well as robbing them of their dignity.[/quote]
Uh... Eugene was Dinsmore's idea, he came up with the gimmick and continued to use it after getting released under the names U-Gene and Special E. Also, that gimmick got him closer to the main event scene than he ever would have as Nick Dinsmore. I always hear people talk about how he should've had a "shooter, legit wrestler" gimmick and I have two words for that idea: Gunner Scott.

[quote name='Rated-R-Megastar' post='6318007' date='Jul 14 2009, 12:18 AM']I hope to God that Nick Dinsmore, if and when he returns to a WWE ring, does not have the 'Eugene' gimmick again. Only in WWE can a potential main eventer become burdened with a crappy gimmick that ruins their career and credibility, as well as robbing them of their dignity.[/quote]
it almost sounds like you just explained ron killings' future. :cry:

[quote name='KOWRazor' post='6318018' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:23 AM'][quote name='Rated-R-Megastar' post='6318007' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:18 AM']I hope to God that Nick Dinsmore, if and when he returns to a WWE ring, does not have the 'Eugene' gimmick again. Only in WWE can a potential main eventer become burdened with a crappy gimmick that ruins their career and credibility, as well as robbing them of their dignity.[/quote]
Uh... Eugene was Dinsmore's idea, he came up with the gimmick and continued to use it after getting released under the names U-Gene and Special E. Also, that gimmick got him closer to the main event scene than he ever would have as Nick Dinsmore. I always hear people talk about how he should've had a "shooter, legit wrestler" gimmick and I have two words for that idea: Gunner Scott.
[/quote]
Amazing post.
I was once a Eugene mark.......Something wrong with that?
Then stop laughing.

Hoping for show Bourne-Kofi-Show for the US title at NOC.

[quote name='Mr. Conductor' post='6318035' date='Jul 14 2009, 12:29 AM'][quote name='KOWRazor' post='6318018' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:23 AM'][quote name='Rated-R-Megastar' post='6318007' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:18 AM']I hope to God that Nick Dinsmore, if and when he returns to a WWE ring, does not have the 'Eugene' gimmick again. Only in WWE can a potential main eventer become burdened with a crappy gimmick that ruins their career and credibility, as well as robbing them of their dignity.[/quote]
[/quote]
Amazing post.
Then stop laughing.

[/quote]
eugene had his fair share of fans. ill admit that i enjoyed watching him too.

[quote name='Mr. Conductor' post='6318035' date='Jul 14 2009, 12:29 AM'][quote name='KOWRazor' post='6318018' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:23 AM'][quote name='Rated-R-Megastar' post='6318007' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:18 AM']I hope to God that Nick Dinsmore, if and when he returns to a WWE ring, does not have the 'Eugene' gimmick again. Only in WWE can a potential main eventer become burdened with a crappy gimmick that ruins their career and credibility, as well as robbing them of their dignity.[/quote]
[/quote]
Amazing post.
Then stop laughing.

[/quote]

[quote name='Genesis.' post='6318024' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:25 AM']it almost sounds like you just explained ron killings' future. :cry:[/quote]
And from what I understand, Pretty Ricky is R-Truth's creation as well. Plus, there's no indication that is to be his official gimmick, it could just be something he's doing to give a little more personality to his character. The "Bruno" to his Sasha Baron Cohen.

[/quote]
Amazing post.
Then stop laughing.

[/quote]

[quote name='KOWRazor' post='6318061' date='Jul 14 2009, 12:36 AM'][quote name='Genesis.' post='6318024' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:25 AM']it almost sounds like you just explained ron killings' future. :cry:[/quote]
And from what I understand, Pretty Ricky is R-Truth's creation as well. Plus, there's no indication that is to be his official gimmick, it could just be something he's doing to give a little more personality to his character. The "Bruno" to his Sasha Baron Cohen.
[/quote]
well if pretty ricky does become an official gimmick then i wouldnt be surprised if r truth shows on the recently released list. all i can do is hope this gimmick doesnt officially end the wwe career of r truth.

[quote]well if pretty ricky does become an official gimmick then i wouldnt be surprised if r truth shows on the recently released list. all i can do is hope this gimmick doesnt officially end the wwe career of r truth.[/quote]
I hope it doesn't become an official gimmick either as that segment was just plain bad. Still, the way I see it, it seems like something R-Truth has done backstage as a goof and someone in creative probably suggested he try it out on TV. Just my guess though, I don't know if that's necessarily true.

[quote name='KOWRazor' post='6318110' date='Jul 14 2009, 12:55 AM'][quote]well if pretty ricky does become an official gimmick then i wouldnt be surprised if r truth shows on the recently released list. all i can do is hope this gimmick doesnt officially end the wwe career of r truth.[/quote]
I hope it doesn't become an official gimmick either as that segment was just plain bad. Still, the way I see it, it seems like something R-Truth has done backstage as a goof and someone in creative probably suggested he try it out on TV. Just my guess though, I don't know if that's necessarily true.
[/quote]
he certainly did prove to me how much of a goof he could be. i have to admit, the part when he is slowly sliding up the stairs and staring at us like a rapist was kinda funny.

[quote name='OwenHartâ„¢' post='6318194' date='Jul 14 2009, 06:47 PM']Who's ZZ Top? Sounds like some Ghetto rappper[/quote]

There an old rock band that started in 1969, way off there bud.

[quote name='Killswitch Enrage' post='6318393' date='Jul 14 2009, 11:00 AM']^^You must have heard of these:

I think we should get Seth McFarlane, Adam Sandler, Dusty Rhodes and The Sign Guy to be hosts soon.[/quote]
Nope, never heard of them. But i take it that they're a rock band.
How is a rock band going to be a GM, i can't say i'm super excited or something, but it seems interesting enough.. It will be the first time in WWE that someone has a longer beard than Mike Knox..

Archived