Showdown: Legends of Wrestling Topic

Well, since this game has been getting semi popular in discussions and there is no forum for it, I figured it would put this topic here since it makes the most sense out of any. I picked this game up the other day for $10 and I am very glad I did. The roster is amazing and the gameplay is solid, despite the few minor glitches that do not bother me and are not as bad as most people describe. I just had a grueling long match with the Hart Foundation (Bret and Anvil CAL) (Me) vs. The Rock N Roll Express vs. The Nasty Boys vs. The Road Warriors. Where else can you have a four way tag team match? I would definitely pick this game up to try it out if you haven't already. Far more replayability than Legends of Wrestlemania, though LOWM beats this game in CAW and graphics department. Any thoughts?

[quote name='TheNetworkZ' post='6307384' date='Jul 12 2009, 12:25 AM']I was thinking of picking up 1 or 2 when I saw it the other day, but I heard it's really bad, so...yeah.[/quote]
The only problems are the CAW mode and some glitches during the gameplay. But still I think it has one of the largest rosters in a wrestling game. Showdown is the best of the 3 (Not counting LOW) Legends games. Its personally one of my favorite games to play.

Plus by now its probably only 5 bucks or less at gamestop anyways.

[quote]what are the another two legend games?[/quote]

Legends of Wrestling & Legends of Wrestling 2

[quote]showndown seems no attribute right?[/quote]

No.

[quote]and how to watch cpu vs cpu in this game? :)[/quote]

You can't. And if you did, it'll be a boring ass glitch fest.

[quote name='V-nomâ„¢' post='6308895' date='Jul 12 2009, 03:29 PM'][quote]what are the another two legend games?[/quote]

Legends of Wrestling & Legends of Wrestling 2

[quote]showndown seems no attribute right?[/quote]

No.

[b][quote]and how to watch cpu vs cpu in this game? :)[/quote]

You can't. And if you did, it'll be a boring ass glitch fest.[/b]
[/quote]

You can if you set up a tournament.

[quote name='HBK Fan 2000' post='6308572' date='Jul 12 2009, 08:44 AM'][quote name='TheNetworkZ' post='6307384' date='Jul 12 2009, 12:25 AM']I was thinking of picking up 1 or 2 when I saw it the other day, but I heard it's really bad, so...yeah.[/quote]
The only problems are the CAW mode and some glitches during the gameplay. But still I think it has one of the largest rosters in a wrestling game. Showdown is the best of the 3 (Not counting LOW) Legends games. Its personally one of my favorite games to play.

Plus by now its probably only 5 bucks or less at gamestop anyways.
[/quote]

Some glitches? This used to be my favorite game until a week later when I would be caught in the ropes, stuck through the ring and many more awful glitches. Acclaim sucked and I'm glad they're gone. The roster is awesome, but the gameplay and movesets suck. Moves are repetitive, some people have moves they've never done and you can't even counter a finisher not to mention the finishers themselves aren't that great, mostly just Macho Man's elbow though since it never hits you correctly

[quote name='M.A.M' post='6338837' date='Jul 18 2009, 02:33 PM']this is a great game the moveset does suck but [b]i havent noticed any glitches that you guys are talking about[/b][/quote]

Your game must have been blessed. My game on the other hand had constant move glitches like doing a suplex to nobody, getting stuck in the ropes and I've come across loads of others like holding onto a submission even when the person I was doing it too had got up.

So I won this game on Ebay for .99 and shipping.

I am excited, so I pop it in Sat night. I start a quick match between Macho Man and Sting.

I get about 5 moves into the match, and we end up outside the ring. A couple more moves, Sting dives back into the ring, and BOOM! Game freezes and makes like a continues "ch" sound. Had to reboot the whole game again.

Took it out, and put it in the game drawer probably never to be played again.

By the way, not sure if you guys know this, but Showdown and Raw 2 play on the Xbox 360. Maybe it's me who didn't know that....lol

[quote name='reptileink' post='6348376' date='Jul 20 2009, 03:07 PM']So I won this game on Ebay for .99 and shipping.

I am excited, so I pop it in Sat night. I start a quick match between Macho Man and Sting.

I get about 5 moves into the match, and we end up outside the ring. A couple more moves, Sting dives back into the ring, and BOOM! Game freezes and makes like a continues "ch" sound. Had to reboot the whole game again.

Took it out, and put it in the game drawer probably never to be played again.

By the way, not sure if you guys know this, but [b]Showdown and Raw 2 play on the Xbox 360[/b]. Maybe it's me who didn't know that....lol[/quote]

Cool, I knew about Raw 2 but not Showdown. May be worth getting Xbox version lol I have PS2 version

Guest .:SM:.
I actually still love playing Showdown: LOW. But like everyone said the glitches are terrible.

One time when I was in a match with Rick Stiener, he walked out of the ring and walked through the crowd and just dissapered. I won by countout. :lol: Kinda sucked cause I was trying to get momentum and win properly.

The roster is amazing; Savage, Sting, Owen Hart, Brian Pillman to name a few. And the fact that every wrestler has 4 attires always makes the game seem fresh.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived