While it's probably safe to say there won't be a LOW2...

theCHUBE

(Although I can still hold out hope given the improvements that need to be made), I do kinda hope they consider "rebooting" this idea. Kinda like Hollywood movies do with franchises that didn't pan out (Batman, Tomb Raiders, The Punisher, etc.)

It seems there is going to be a TNA Impact 2 (and the first game was kind of a stinker) worse than LOW. So there should be more Legends games. I hope and I also of course hope they improve and this time give us Demolition and Macho Man Randy Savage.

[quote name='CHAZmaniac' post='6269286' date='Jul 3 2009, 01:31 PM']Is there any news on a Legends Of Wrestling 4 game? I thought someone purchased the rights to that series from Acclaim. Might be cool if someone else had a go at that series.[/quote]
In 2006, Canadian game publisher Throwback Entertainment acquired the license and publishing rights to Legends of Wrestling. Throwback Entertainment has stated they are ready to bring this IP into the next generation of consoles though they did not confirm which nextgen platform it would debut on.

They also plan to bring other Acclaim games to the next generation as well.

I like the idea of a WWE Legends game but the system they used for it, all of it and not just specific areas, was completly wrong.

If there is a new WWE Legends game they should use a modifed Here Comes the Pain engine. They say they want arcade-ish action and HCTP was practically arcade...

• 1 month later...
I hope it gets a sequel. I had no problem with the game or graphics style because I think it added to the simple/fun throwback theme.

The things I would change are:

1) A bigger and maybe somewhat different legends roster.
2) Don't just have tag-teams have the stables feature from previous SvR.
3) Let mangers be there for tag matches.
4) 6-man tag matches
5) Let you create managers or use stable members as managers.
6) replace Hell in a Cell with War Games

Oh man, that War Games idea is one of the best i've heard. That would rock big time. Yeah, I was disappointed I couldn't make managers on LOW. I wanted a Jim Cornette and Precious Paul Ellering. I would really like a Legends game that was half old school WWF and half old school NWA with the roster AND the venues. I want the steel Nitro arena, Halloween Havoc, Bash at the Beach. Maybe even throw in a Scaffold Match or a Dog Collar Match.

[quote name='NotoriousNick' post='6511569' date='Aug 22 2009, 11:30 PM']Oh man, that War Games idea is one of the best i've heard. That would rock big time. Yeah, I was disappointed I couldn't make managers on LOW. I wanted a Jim Cornette and Precious Paul Ellering. I would really like a Legends game that was half old school WWF and half old school NWA with the roster AND the venues. I want the steel Nitro arena, Halloween Havoc, Bash at the Beach. Maybe even throw in a Scaffold Match or a Dog Collar Match.[/quote]

War Games would be awesome.

I was kind of disappointed in the managers/stables in LOW. I really like that sort of thing and it really is more old school than current but I just don't think they did enough with it.

If they just called the next one WWE Legends then they could feature everything/everyone they own the rights to without having to tie it all directly to WrestleMania.

Yeah, I miss the bigger stables too because I always have The Hart Foundation, The 4 Horsemen, nWo, and such going at some time. Remember on No Mercy when you could choose who ur CAW's 3 main rivals were and one of them would sometimes do a run in on your match? I wish LOW had that. I really like the idea of having complete control over stables, managers and fueds. I do like how the managers function in LOW but I need more than just Heenan, Hart, Fuji or Bearer I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='NotoriousNick' post='6521832' date='Aug 24 2009, 10:52 PM']Yeah, I miss the bigger stables too because I always have The Hart Foundation, The 4 Horsemen, nWo, and such going at some time. Remember on No Mercy when you could choose who ur CAW's 3 main rivals were and one of them would sometimes do a run in on your match? I wish LOW had that. I really like the idea of having complete control over stables, managers and fueds. I do like how the managers function in LOW but I need more than just Heenan, Hart, Fuji or Bearer I guess.[/quote]

The run in feature some of the previous games have had is an awesome touch and would be really cool for an old school wrestling game like LOW.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='american dream' post='6264597' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:52 AM']I really hope they do reconsider... as LoWM was good, but it can be so much better, with a little more time spent on making the game.

Damn, I really hope they reconsider...[/quote]

maybe they should hold out on releasing it this year and keep working on it and maybe in a few years it would be much better with many more legends

they can obviously improve the game.. and i hope they do. why doesn't thq use aki anymore? i'd love to have this game on the revenge/no mercy engine. also, it felt incomplete. like in the caw mode, you'd have one half of randy savage's outfit, but not the other half. you'd have extra outfits for wrestlers in the game, but you couldn't edit existing wrestlers, so those outfits were useless, etc.. i really hope they do make another legends based game.. it doesn't have to be "legends of wrestlemania 2" they could name it something else for a fresh start, but a new game would be awesome. they own the wcw and ecw histories as well, it' be nice to see some of their legends in the game too.

Ways to improve the game:

1. More moves, especially finishers. The lack of variety killed the game and movesets hard to do.
2. More legends, even some WCW legends as well.
3. More arenas like RAW, Superstars etc. even some WCW arenas if they add WCW legends.
4. A different CAW mode than SvR
5. More matches

I really hope they do make a sequel. I enjoyed the game and having a more improved version would be much better.

Archived