The Pounce...

Lunchbox

Ennh, the Gore has the right impact but isn't a shoulder block, but the Running Shoulder Attack looks more like the Pounce but is too weak and doesn't have much impact, and the forearm smash doesn't even look close a shoulder block....the Ho Train doesn't really jump or look like a tackle, it's kinda just a bell clap...i'd say use the Gore, but make the Running Shoulder Attack a rope rebound attack...

[quote name='Sajoa Moe' post='40398' date='Mar 6 2006, 12:50 PM']I use Spear 5. It's powerful, and there's the taunt after hits it, which is close to what Monty does.[/quote]

The problem with that is, he doesn't bounce off the ropes, which Monty Brown always does when doing the Pounce.
I did give Monty Brown the post-Spear taunt of Goldberg though, as it is the closest thing to his post-pounce freak-out thing.

[quote name='pwcd' post='42765' date='Mar 7 2006, 10:50 PM']the dash head attack is best[/quote]

Never thought of the Flying Headbutt, that's interesting...but it doesn't have too much impact, and it kinda hits them in the head, and he jumps sideways like a cross body, which looks kinda off...

It's pretty damn hard to subtitute the Pounce. It's such a lame finisher. I couldn't care less for Monty Brown, but I've been browsing around to see what fits. Nothing is very close. Flying Headbutt has a little potential. Is the Jumping Knee Attack 2 available in a finisher slot?? If not, you could put that in the rebound attack. It jumps, and the reaction/selling of the move is kind of similar. It's so over-sold, both the Pounce and this in-game move. I love watching the opponent go flipping through the air like a Tekken character. :P

• 3 years later...

Archived