help on making Urijah Faber, styles and attributes

The_Great_One

I have the CAF im using, I want to make a accurate Urijah Faber and im afraid im going to overrate him because he's one of my fave fighters and im kind of biased with these things.

For starter's Im not sure if i should make him a kickboxer or muy thai, he does the clinched knee's but on the other hand he's known for his crazy jumping attacks and has good boxing skills. They both ahve their version of the jumping crazy moves that faber is known for. Also he's a collegiate wrestler and trains BJJ not sure on which i wana go on him to make him more accurate to his fighting style though.

Strength
Speed
Cardio

Standing Strikes Offense
Standing Strikes Defense
Standing Kicks Offense
Standing Kicks Defense

Clinch Striking Offense
Clinch Striking Defense

Ground Striking Offense
Ground Striking Defense

Clinch Grapple Offense
Clinch Grapple Defense

Takedown Offense
Takedown Defense

Ground Grapple Offense
Ground Grapple Defense

Submission Offense
Submission Defense

there's the outline guys help me out

Well for one thing he is definitely wrestling, not bjj. You could go either way for the striking. i would probably do muay thai cause he definitely makes full use of his elbows and knees. i dont have time to fill out all the attributes but i would probably make him highest on takedown offense, striking defense, and ground striking offense. he should be pretty highly rated. oh yea and an extremely high cardio since he is known for his conditioning. probably speed second and then strength.

when i give it more thought he definatly is a wrestler over anything else, also he has a good guillotene(sp never can get that word). Im going with your word with the muay thai because his clinched knees are deadly nd he can throw some nasty elbows. yea urijah fabers cardio is out of this world

Strength- 52
Speed- 88
Cardio=92

Standing Strikes Offense-74
Standing Strikes Defense84
Standing Kicks Offense- 80
Standing Kicks Defense- 80

Clinch Striking Offense- 73
Clinch Striking Defense- 70

Ground Striking Offense- 86
Ground Striking Defense- 80

Clinch Grapple Offense- 70
Clinch Grapple Defense- 72

Takedown Offense- 82
Takedown Defense- 75

Ground Grapple Offense- 84
Ground Grapple Defense- 82

Submission Offense- 80
Submission Defense- 84

how's that look?
again Im not very good with giving stats and some places i might of overrated him. but if you see anything that will make it more accurate plz and thank you.

yea the reason i say wrestling is because he wrestled in college before fighting mma and he does more slams than submissions. i think the only submissions he has done are the rear naked choke and guillotine but he does do them a lot.

here are some tips

when you first make him, make him in create-a-fighter, not career mode, so that you can customize his trunks and put the training camp sonserships on them. (if you do not have any just put thq all over them)

i assume you are making him lightweight so max out his cardio first, then strength to about 75, then speed. and depending on how high you put the speed, that is how much the strength will lower so just do that until you get around where you want it.

now for the matches...

win your first 14 and then start losing. always fight the worst opponent and never rank yourself better than 13. you can win some but make sure you dont rank below 13 so that you will always have a crappy sparring partner that you can get the maximum sparring points from.

just keep checking exibition to see his overall. i wouldnt put him over 94. retire him early if you have to

starting attributes should be something like 30 cardio 29 strength and 1 speed or something like that.

good luck :)

k wait im kind of confused dont make him in career? I just started it i only did the 2nd fight though, as far as the trunks go it will be on the finsihed product and i dont care what he looks like as i raise his stats. I havent tried jsut making a CAF yet but i heard it has limited points to limit people to like 85 overall's and stuff and fabers awesome hes better then that lol

[quote name='The_Great_One' post='6145482' date='Jun 4 2009, 02:49 PM']k wait im kind of confused dont make him in career? I just started it i only did the 2nd fight though, as far as the trunks go it will be on the finsihed product and i dont care what he looks like as i raise his stats. I havent tried jsut making a CAF yet but i heard it has limited points to limit people to like 85 overall's and stuff and fabers awesome hes better then that lol[/quote]

yea you make him in create a fighter to get the trunks with the training camp sponsers. then you start a career and it will copy the data but you still get the trunks that you normally would have to wait to unlock the sponsership.

Archived