This or Showdown: Legends of Wrestling

Hi I was wondering if Showdown: Legends of Wrestling (the third game in LOW series) was better than this, or more worth it. I think the roster in Showdown looks much better no doubt but I don't know about the gameplay, or the features and modes. Legends of Wrestlemania's gameplay looks boring, slow and repetitive to me but I'm not sure how it compares to Showdown. And graphics n all that shit doesnt matter, just wanted to know what people think of this compared to Showdown: Legends of Wrestling.

Hmm I made a poll but it didnt show up?

In my opinion Legends of Wrestling is way better. First the gameplay, there's no such things as those 1,2,3; scene movies where you must push the button. The tables by the way in LoWrestling broke more realistic way and still on the ring. Also there in LoWrestling you get wrestlers that are out of WWE like DDP, Sting. And there's even Eddie Guerrero. Every wrestler there have 4 attires. Idk but for me LoWrestling > LoWrestlemania.

[quote name='CaRNaGeâ„¢' post='6049894' date='May 6 2009, 11:29 PM']In my opinion Legends of Wrestling is way better. First the gameplay, there's no such things as those 1,2,3; scene movies where you must push the button. The tables by the way in LoWrestling broke more realistic way and still on the ring. Also there in LoWrestling you get wrestlers that are out of WWE like DDP, Sting. And there's even Eddie Guerrero. Every wrestler there have 4 attires. Idk but for me LoWrestling > LoWrestlemania.[/quote]
Now that was the kind of answer I was looking for... It sounds much better to me, but I have two other wrestling games from Acclaim, WWF War Zone and ECW Hardcore Revolution, which I both hated... So im not sure.

Roster the nod goes to Showdown.

Moves again Showdown. It's way to generic on LOW how the guys all have the same Diving attacks with the same generic elbow from the top.

Graphic wise and game play LOW takes that so it really comes down to personal likes and dislikes to be honest. I like them both really but LOW is the overall better gaming title

I think we can all agree that Showdown has probably the best of all-time. Having said that, the gameplay was horrible, and there were more glitches than..something that has a lot of glitches. But I did like Legends of Wrestling 1 though

Both games are shitty but Showdown is better in my opinion. The gameplay is similar to War Zone and Attitude but is still way better then the shit gameplay of LOWM. There are more wrestlers in Showdown everyone also has 4 attires. Unfortunatly there are quite a few notable wrestlers left out of Showdown. There is no Undertaker, Ric Flair, Stone Cold, The Rock or Sgt Slauter.

But they can be easily made also as Kane. The Claw parts are his. Also their moves are there and I have The Rock made and it's just great. It have people's elbow and rock bottom. Sharpshooter and more and more, spinebuster... It's not that hard and doesn't take that time to make a wrestler as in LoWM.

Ironic, Showdown was supposed to be the worst of the series, I wouldn't know since I only have the first two, unfortunately Showdown wasn't released for Gamecube.

I'd personally go for Legends of Wrestlemania though because the controls are easier to pick up and there's more chance of doing the moves you want to do, the gameplay's more fun and doesn't get boring after a few matches and the way finishers are performed is interesting and a cool touch.

Sure the roster may be bigger and better but let's be honest, gameplay is more important than the more aesthetically pleasing touches like larger diversity in roster.

Took me a week to fully complete Legends of Wrestlemania but I had more fun with it than the month I spent bored out my skull trying to finish Roddy Piper's career on Legends of Wrestling 2. Plus at least you can easily climb turnbuckles on this as well as perform finishers and other moves than Acclaim's legend series

Lately ive been missing the old Legends of Wrestling series. I heard a company called Throwback Entertainment bought the series a few years ago and was planning to re-release the series but they never did and nobody has heard anything about Throwback Entertainment ever since and I think they just disapeared. Shame because any Legends game for wrestlers can be great but because its a niche market, the developers always make the game lazily which is proven in the new Legends of Wrestlemania game.

Showdown. LOWM has better graphics and create-a-wrestler features, but the gameplay (though the moves are a bit more complex) and sheer amount of choices for wrestlers makes Showdown stand out. Plus, you can probably grab it for like $5 at a Gamestop or Play'n'Trade.

Showdown is a way better gamwe. The only thing that let it down was no real WWE themes as it wasent anything to do with wwe and the graphics.

What THQ should of done is looked at that game and at least gave us a decent finisher and not the bloody combos. Secondly Showdown spoilt us by giving every superstar 4 costumes which is a thing I just wish THQ would give.

As to why I prefer the LOW series because they gave us the Koloffs and the Rock n roll express.

Roster kinda evens itself out for me. There were some good ones in Showdown and there are some on LOWM that aren't on Showdown.

Gameplay is much better on LOWM. CAL is tons better on LOWM. Arenas kinda even out for me. Graphics are much better on LOWM.

The only major thing I think Showdown had going for it is the fact that each wrestler had 4 attires. Overall, I enjoy LOWM a lot more.

I had Showdown when it came out and after about a week of playing I went right back to playing Here Comes The Pain again. Now while I admit I did at times enjoy Showdown, it just didn't have enough CAW options for me and the glitches were kinda annoying. The slow movement of the wrestlers and sluggish controls also could be a little frustrating. Well, I decided to track the game down for nostalgic reasons and found it at gamestop cheap. I'm glad I gave this game another chance cuz I had an awesome 20 min bloodbath of a match between Dr. Death and One Man Gang. It may not look as good as LOW and the CAW may not be nearly as deep but it seems like to me that it's more competitive. If you can look past the glitches and the lack of better CAW options then you can have some classic battles on Showdown. I ended last night w/ a 2 out of 3 falls match between Owen and Dynamite Kid. Showdown is far from perfect but it's fun.

[quote name='Night Garden' post='6058788' date='May 9 2009, 10:18 AM']Showdown is a way better gamwe. The only thing that let it down was no real WWE themes as it wasent anything to do with wwe and the graphics.

What THQ should of done is looked at that game and at least gave us a decent finisher and not the bloody combos. Secondly Showdown spoilt us by giving every superstar 4 costumes which is a thing I just wish THQ would give.

As to why I prefer the LOW series because they gave us the Koloffs and the Rock n roll express.[/quote]

I dont think the graphics and nothing to do with WWE is the reason the game was a letdown. The graphics were actually better than the Smackdown games in that time (remember it was back between 2001 and 2004 when the Legends Of Wrestling games came out) and the cartooney models and dingy dark arenas/high school gyms looked great. Also the sounds/music and entrance themes by Jimmy Hart was actually amazing for that time. The gameplay animations were amazing too. The reason Showdown and the Legends of Wrestling series was a let down was because of the lack of moves, lack of caw mode, lack of shop things to buy, and then especially in Showdown the actual gameplay had very bad bugs and glitches in it and a lot of moves didnt connect properly.

Roster: I would have to pick Legends Of Wrestlemania, since Showdown Legends Of Wrestling had managers to wrestle as well having Andy Kaufman in there which was a waste of a great roster in my opinion.

Attire: I would pick Showdown Legends Of Wrestling since some wrestlers just get 1 or if lucky 2 on Legends Of Wrestlemania when on Showdown Legends Of Wrestling we all get 4 attires.

Matches: I'd pick Showdown Legends Of Wrestling even though when it came to Royal Rumble and HITC for Legends Of Wrestlemania with the new stuff added to those matches like better elimation from the Royal Rumble plus with the sack with the thumbtacks in that was cool even though Showdown Legends Of Wrestling gave us 6 man tag matches that Legends Of Wrestlemania did not have.

Attacking & Grappling: that would be Showdown Legends Of Wrestling hands down plus in that game we did not have to put up with the annoying chain grappling button tapping stuff or the same about the pinning situation too

Entrances: it would be Legends Of Wrestlemania

Announcers: Thats a tough 1 even though Showdown Legends Of Wrestling has 3 announcers while Legends Of Wrestlemania only has 2 announcers but both games do get the announcers repeating certain things which does get annoying sometimes plus sometimes I seem to find with Legends Of Wrestlemania that the announcing in some matches does not happen when in Showdown Legends Of Wrestling its always happening.

Create A Wrestler: Legends Of Wrestlemania, but when it came to wrestlers names to be announced as I would say Showdown Legends Of Wrestling since they had loads of first names and second names to put which would have been really useful for Legends Of Wrestlemania since they only had like 10 or so nicknames which was a letdown big time.

so for me I would pick Showdown Legends Of Wrestling

in my opinion I would say its hard to pick one over the other because they really are two completely different games. I saw showdown for ps2 for $7 on ebay a few weeks back so pick up showdown and try legends see which fits you better.

I like legends a lot and play it, but it also got me in to playing showdown again and I am having a lot of fun with this title as well.

This topic got me playing Showdown again and i'm having tons of fun w/ it. I just wish it had the create a belt feature that Fire Pro Wrestling Returns had. I didn't like the Smackdown version. I'd love a game that's a cross between Showdown and Fire Pro but w/ Legends of Wrestlemania quality to it. Especially in the CAW entrance and graphics.

Lets face it the only good thing about lowm compared to showdown was the entrances!

And why do I prefer Showdown? 71 DAMN WRESTLERS! That is a big roster in the game and besides which why cant wwe have owen in their game cos martha says no? Funny cos Owen was in Showdown. Showdown has the perfect roster for a old school fan.

Your kidding me right..?

Showdown may have a better roster and stuff like that in the opinion of you guys
But none of that matters when the gameplay is BROKEN
And Im not talking about general whining such as "OH I CANT HANDLE THE CONTROLS"
Im talking about game breaking glitches, crashes, lock-ups and crappy animations that totally break any experience that you can have

Theres a total lack of moves in the game (Saying that, its like that in LOW when it comes to finishers)
Crappy AI
Repetitive commentary

Although saying all of that, the game does have:
An impressive roster
Good classic match-ups

So I can see why people would like this game due to the nostalgia that the game can bring, but theres no why this game is better then LOW

Watch this :rolleyes:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBXdNRKeDkY&feature=channel_page"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBXdNRKeDkY...re=channel_page[/url]

Archived