How much did you get for returning this game?

Dynomyte

I would never sell it, but I've gone right off the game. I haven't played it in weeks. After unlocking everything and filling up all the caws slots, there wasn't anything there to keep me interested. The old school nostalgia wore right off and now the game is very stale. Online play would be a nightmare. After you get over the short-term novelty, the very obvious flaws of the game are as clear as day and very irritating. The overall product feels unfinished. Shame really, because I was really looking forward to this game. As sad as it sounds, this may of been my most eagerly anticipated game ever. What a letdown it was.

I had it since it was released, and I still play it everyday. I stopped playing SVR09 after I unlocked everything simply cause I just got tired of the same ol' crappy engine. But LOW is fun to play. And a letdown at the same point. I was really looking forward to a game that would be fun to play and I could once again wrestle as Hulk Hogan, deadman Undertaker, Jake the Snake, etc, and this game seemed to be my dream coming true. Sad it only turned out to be half the dream. But I guess a glass half empty is better than one that's just empty :)

It had so many attractive elements, the main for me being the rosterful of wrestlers which I grew up watching. Unfortunately the controls, lack of modes and limited moves let it down. Other irritating bad points include the entrance attire situation, the CAL finishing chain debacle the lack of DLC. I really had high hopes for the game as I have wished for years for a proper WWF/E legends only game. I recently started playing SvR2009 again, and in my opinion is so much more fun to play. Everyone is allowed their opinion, and mine is that Legends of WrestleMania is a seemingly unfinished, disjointed product which lacks depth. I know I'll have folk telling me to play it more and use my imagination etc, but why would I want to play a game which isn't that fun to play in the first place? I'm a huge old skool fan and love wrestling games, just this was a bit of a depressing fart of game. If people love the game and still play it to this day, well I'm happy for you. I still play No Mercy and WCW/nWo Revenge now and then.

I don't understand why they didn't just make it so you can import the legends to SvR 09. Much better moves to work with and DLC. I would of loved to have Earthquake vs. King Kong Bundy. Huge let down. I love the game, but it is missing som uch stuff including entrance attires that are in the CAL mode, animations like Hogan shirt rip, and the most important thing of all DLC! Game is still fun though, but starting to get a little wack. Maybe I will trade it in to get UFC 09. Maybe...

[quote name='Generations' post='6021957' date='Apr 29 2009, 08:32 AM']I didn't return it, because it's a good game and I plan on playing it again in the future.[/quote]
^ this

[quote name='BezenarTW' post='6023848' date='Apr 29 2009, 09:35 PM']I've been considering returning it so I can use the proceeds to purchase the new UFC game that is coming out but I haven't decided yet.[/quote]

That's what I'm keeping the store credit for.

I rented it, unlocked all the achievements and beat the game, then took it back and demanded my money back from Blockbuster for allowing me to rent such garbage...They agreed and gave me 8 bucks back, even though I rented it with a free coupon. I believe they felt bad for me having sat and played it...

[quote name='Dynomyte' post='6021254' date='Apr 29 2009, 09:03 AM']After having the game since release day, I returned it once I realized after playing it through and unlocking all the achievements, that the game had become stagnant.

Anyways, EB Games gave me a 41 dollar credit.
How much did you guys get?[/quote]

How much did I get? None because I love the game and i wont ever trade it in. Saying that thats probably why i got all the wwe games back from 1985 as i never trade games in.

Archived