[CENTER][b][size=3]The Undertaker[/size][/b]

[i]*Credit: Coin Z*[/i]

[img]http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4267/theundertakerportrait.jpg[/img]

Standard Actions*
Ring-In: Slide In
Ring-Out: Backwards Ring Out
Taunts: DLC Earthquake, Kane, Undertaker, Taunt Raise Arm 2

Standing*
Strike Attacks: Undertaker Punch 1, Big Boot 1, Body Punch 1, Undertaker Punch 2, Throat Thust 1
Fists of Fury: Undertaker Punch 1, Body Punch 1, Undertaker Punch 2
Grapple Moves*
Quick Grapple: Fury Punch 2, Undertaker Knee Strike 2, Body Punch 2, Arm Wrench
Strong Grapple 1: Scoop Slam 6, Headbutt 2, Undertaker Strikes, Undertaker Arm Wrench
Ultimate Control 1: Chokeslam
Strong Grapple 2: DDT1, Back Suplex 9, Russian Leg Sweep 1, Powerbomb 4
Ultimate Control 2: Oklahoma Slam
Grapple From Behind: Belly to Back, Elbow to Back of Head, Forarm Smash, Sidewalk Slam 4

Ground*
Strikes: Undertaker Stomp, Elbow Drop 3, Elbow Drop 1
Grapples: Finishing Leg Drop, SS Dragon Sleeper, Wake Up, Stomp on Leg, Knee Smash, SS Boston Crab

Corner*
Strikes: Turnbuckle Body Attack, Turnbuckle Clothesline 2, Knee Attack 1
Grapples: Back Elbow Strike, Heavy Combo 2, Toss to Turnbuckle, Superplex,
Grapple from Behind: Toss into Ring post, Forearm to Back, Snake Eyes, Super Back Suplex
Sitting in Corner: Stomping Mudhole

Rope*
Groggy Against Ropes: Knee Drop 3
Springboard Attacks:
Outside Springboard Attacks: Vaulting Body Press 3
Diving Outside Ring Attack: Rope Flip 1

Diving*
Diving vs Standing: Double Axe Handle 3, Flying Clothesline 2
Diving vs Downed: Diving Elbow Drop 1, Diving Fist Drop

Running*
Running Strikes: Clothesline 7, Flying Clothesline 1
Grapple: DDT 10, Neckbreaker 9
Grapple from Behind: Snapmare, Bulldog 3
Ground Strikes: Elbow Drop 5, Running Leg Drop
Irish Whip Rebound: Back Body Drop, Sidewalk Slam 5

Tag Team*
Standing: Double Elbow Drop 3, Double Clothesline, Double Chokeslam 1, Double Suplex
Corner: Kick to Gut 1, Double Elbow 1, Front Slam, Body Splash & Whip
Finishers: Double Chokeslam

Special*
Signatures: Old School, Triangle Stretch
Finishers: Tombstone Piledriver Pin, Chokeslam 7

[u][b]Alternate Moves[/b][/u]

[i]Finishers: Tombstone Piledriver Pin, Chokeslam 7, Last Ride[/i][/CENTER]

Well if you see how I have it set up his Chokeslam 7 is the offical setup for the Devil's Gate hence why I made it a finisher. Also since The Undertaker rarely uses the Last Ride in his current gimmick I gave him Powerbomb 4 as a subsitute. Thats really the point of me having it there and as faras I know you can't put Old School as a normal move and same goes with Chokeslam 7. May I can ask you a question do you actually have the game ? :ike:

I do have the game. I put Old School as a Strong Grapple. You should check it out before making comments. If I didn't have the game how could I say anything about what to change in a set? Although I made a mistake, I was thinking of Chokeslam 2 as a signature.

Well sorry :P I didn't know that Old School was actually available as a normal move. What could be a good signature for Taker other than Old School ? Can the Last Ride be a signature ? If so I'll change it right this minute. I don't think so though but hey I could be wrong. Also with Old School as strong grapple don't you tend to spam that move from time to time since it's actually a normal move and not a signature you have to think about before using ? Chokeslam 2 is actually Goldberg's Bellyslam If I'm not mistaken ?

Well, I don't know about other people but I try to use all his moves in a match, not just one or two repeatedly. Goldberg's Chokeslam is Chokeslam 4. The Last Ride can only be selected as a finisher. I think Chokeslam 2 looks better for his chokeslam than Chokeslam 7, no one really lands like that from his chokeslam.

Well you should know what I'm refering to when I say don't you tend to over use it since It's not limited as a signature move ? I know myself after awhile when your having a long match online and you used your entire moveset your gonna use it again eventually so that's kinda why I think It could tend to be abit of a problem to be in your normal moveset but maybe not that's why I want to hear If you find It to be a problem ? Yeah just like I thought the Last Ride is only a finisher even though I was kinda hoping I was wrong and somehow missed It all these months... :annoy: Now the reason why I used Chokeslam 7 Is It really looks like the way he does It in real life but again Yukes managed to oversell the landing animation like they always do and pretty much ruine it for the most part. Now may I ask since I don't have the game on right now who's Chokeslam Is #2 ? Also what other improvements would you suggest ? I really think this Is one of the best Undertaker moveset's out there to be honest and In no way am I trying to tute my own horn or anything just being honest.

Ok, you got me interested so I'm gonna go and take a look. Though that still doesn't answer the question I asked you a second ago that was any other suggetions to give me to make this moveset better?

[i]*After checking my game to see which Chokeslam It was I should of remembered It was his Default and totally unrealistic one he did once to Triple H back at Wrestlemania 17. I see where your going with it but I never liked that move from day one and still don't but thanks for the suggetion. :)*[/i]

How is it unrealistic? That's the chokeslam he does. He did it to Shawn Michaels at WM25. I'd also suggest maybe that since you have a Chokeslam as a UCM, you don't necessarily need one as a signature/finisher move. Anyways, other suggestions.

Ground Grapple: I don't like the Wake Up move for anyone really. I understand this is a current moveset but you can still give him Undertaker Hold or SS Triangle Hold it's up to you.

Running Ground Strike: Take out Elbow Drop 5, I think you may have meant to put Elbow Drop 4 but I don't know. Anyway, take it out and put in Double Axe Handle 4.

[quote name='Krillin's Hatchet' post='6013923' date='Apr 27 2009, 07:14 AM']How is it unrealistic? That's the chokeslam he does. He did it to Shawn Michaels at WM25. I'd also suggest maybe that since you have a Chokeslam as a UCM, you don't necessarily need one as a signature/finisher move. Anyways, other suggestions.[/quote]

Well I'm glad you asked because The Undetaker has only ever done a Chokeslam like that once to Triple H at WM 17 and that was the [i]ONLY[/i] time I have ever seen him do It that way. The long choking animation is a bothering move for me at least. If It's totally necessary you could always use my Create a Finisher Chokeslam ?

[u][b]Chokeslam[/b][/u]

- Chokeslam Clutch 02 (100)
- Chokeslam Clutch 03 (100)
- Chokeslam (100)

[quote]Ground Grapple: I don't like the Wake Up move for anyone really. I understand this is a current moveset but you can still give him Undertaker Hold or SS Triangle Hold it's up to you.[/quote]

Now about the Wake Up to be totally honest It's one of my favoritest moves In the game. I use It to be realistic and set up moves that are hard to hit other wise like almost all top rope diving attacks and various other moves. I won't be removing that from his moveset for the said reason I already mentioned and the very fact that he stalks his oppoent every time he goes for a Chokeslam or Tombstone Piledriver and I feel It's a neccessary for him. Also about the alternate suggetion that I should use something else in place of the wake up, I feel if you had the Triangle Stretch in his moveset wouldn't that make his Devil's Trinagle pretty much useless ? I think so. :)

[quote]Running Ground Strike: Take out Elbow Drop 5, I think you may have meant to put Elbow Drop 4 but I don't know. Anyway, take it out and put in Double Axe Handle 4.[/quote]

Last but not least reguarding the running Elbow Drop 5 It's there as a subsitution for The Undertaker/ Kane/ Big Show's big man elbow drop, you know the one where they do an elbow drop and jump about 3 feet off the ground only to land on their butt and miss it completely ? Well that's the closest running ground strike they have in the game but I want to thank you very much for the suggetions and If you have some more please keep them comming. :cool:

SS Triangle Hold and the Triangle Stretch move are two different moves entirely. As for the elbow drop thing, take out either Elbow Drop 1 or 3 and put in Jumping Elbow Drop for the elbow drop you're talking about, then you can put in Double Axe Handle in Running Ground Strikes

Actually, u better take out the chokeslam from both the finisher and sigs, and just use the UCM one, cause that what I use all the time, and it realistic cause they can try to get out of it while they still can! I also put Old school in strong grapple, and put in Big boot 2(The running one) in sigs as a replacement for that Snake eye boot combo thing he does, I tried it and it works, u just need to to be running at him the right way and not miss, which can sometime happen if ur not careful! :D Anywho, I put in the last ride as a finisher and put the Hell's Gate in sigs, the only thing that sucks is his leg drop thing(Not the apron one, that's in) U know how in real life, after the Snake eye boot combo, he rebound from the ropes and leg drop the opponet like Hogan finisher only it not a finisher, why didn't THQ put it in, it could have made it cooler!

[quote name='Krillin's Hatchet' post='6013967' date='Apr 27 2009, 07:40 AM']SS Triangle Hold and the Triangle Stretch move are two different moves entirely. As for the elbow drop thing, take out either Elbow Drop 1 or 3 and put in Jumping Elbow Drop for the elbow drop you're talking about, then you can put in Double Axe Handle in Running Ground Strikes[/quote]

Well obviously It's a different move but I mean The Undertaker started to do the Triangle move before as a submission during the Biker Taker era and then as a legit finisher about 07-08 and transitioned into the Devil's Triangle he does now so that's really my point If I was really looking for moves I could add it and if you guys wish I can add it to his moveset as alternate moves you can use ? About the elbow I stated earlier that It was the [i]ONLY [/i]running elbow strike that looked similar to his and It's pointless to add the Jumping Elbow from the standing position because He runs then does it but then again thank you for the suggestion. :P

I'll see If It works and looks good and like I mentioned In my other topics should I put your suggetsion as alt moves so people have a selection incase they don't have certiain moves or what ever ?

SS Triangle Hold should be added to Ground Grapples regardless of its trait as a finisher or not. If you're going for a "Deadman" moveset, then it should be added. The Triangle Hold was used as a regular move for the latter of that gimmick, so in that case, SS Dragon Sleeper should be removed because he only used a standing variation of it during his ABA/Big Evil gimmick.

I personally dislike Chokeslam 2 in general as well, but it's the only reasonable looking Chokeslam in the Sigs section to fit The Last Ride in finishers. Even if he doesn't pin anyone with it anymore, no other Powerbombs in the game that can be put as a Sig or normal move get the elevation of The Last Ride. In my opinion, Chokeslam 2 looks closer to Chokeslam 6/7 than any other Powerbombs in the game look like The Last Ride.

Edit: When Undertaker stalks the opponent for the Chokeslam or Tombstone, it's with the taunt. So even though you like Wake Up, to be as accurate as possible, it should be taken out. Also, even though it's been like 6 years since the return of the Deadman gimmick, has he really done a Bulldog, Diving Fist Drop, Diving Clothesline, Russian Leg Sweep, and the Swinging Neckbreaker on a consistent basis? I mean, I've watched my fair share of Undertaker's matches over the last 6 years.

[quote name='DoubleDee' post='6015802' date='Apr 27 2009, 04:50 PM']SS Triangle Hold should be added to Ground Grapples regardless of its trait as a finisher or not. If you're going for a "Deadman" moveset, then it should be added. The Triangle Hold was used as a regular move for the latter of that gimmick, so in that case, SS Dragon Sleeper should be removed because he only used a standing variation of it during his ABA/Big Evil gimmick.

I personally dislike Chokeslam 2 in general as well, but it's the only reasonable looking Chokeslam in the Sigs section to fit The Last Ride in finishers. Even if he doesn't pin anyone with it anymore, no other Powerbombs in the game that can be put as a Sig or normal move get the elevation of The Last Ride. In my opinion, Chokeslam 2 looks closer to Chokeslam 6/7 than any other Powerbombs in the game look like The Last Ride.

Edit: When Undertaker stalks the opponent for the Chokeslam or Tombstone, it's with the taunt. So even though you like Wake Up, to be as accurate as possible, it should be taken out. Also, even though it's been like 6 years since the return of the Deadman gimmick, has he really done a Bulldog, Diving Fist Drop, Diving Clothesline, Russian Leg Sweep, and the Swinging Neckbreaker on a consistent basis? I mean, I've watched my fair share of Undertaker's matches over the last 6 years.[/quote]

Well I understand where your comming from and maybe your right but I do kinda find It quite similar to the Devil's Triangle but It might be a good subsitution. Your somewhat right about the Chokeslam or Last Ride but I guess It all depends on personal preference reguarding those 2 moves. I like mine the way It is at the moment but might put those changes onto the moveset at a later time. Now the wake up Is the best way you can set up his finishers In this game in a perfect world I wish they had a stalking chokeslam which would have the ability to trasnition into the Chokeslam from that Taunt then I'd say sure that works perfectly but you can't and as such IMO you gotta do It the way I have It. The rest of the moves you mentioned such as Diving Fist Drop & Diving Clothesline are fillers plan and simple because what has Taker ever done from there ? Not much other than a big diving elbow drop or a diving clothesline. You are dead wrong about the running neckbreaker he always does and his Russain Leg Sweep. Those two moves is he does quite often If you can prove me wrong reguarding anything I say do so and I'll be happy to discuss this further with you.

just an idea leave last ride and tombstone as finishers triangle choke as sig ,chokeslam ucm ,old school in strong grapple and then you could use big boot 2 as the other signature since thats the only running boot ,so you could use it after the corner running clothesline ,anyway just a suggestion

[quote name='rockyking' post='6022035' date='Apr 29 2009, 01:13 PM']just an idea leave last ride and tombstone as finishers triangle choke as sig ,chokeslam ucm ,old school in strong grapple and then you could use big boot 2 as the other signature since thats the only running boot ,so you could use it after the corner running clothesline ,anyway just a suggestion[/quote]
or use that boot 2 after the snake eyes! Don't forget that! :D

Don't use Powerbomb 4 in Strong Grapples. That's just stupid... The Last Ride was never just a simple move of the Undertaker, it is/was his Finisher so either leave it out/put it as an alternative, or use it as his second finisher.

Archived