New mode in next WWE game...

A new mode they should have in SvR 2010 or LOW 2 (or both) should be superstar edit mode. You go to it on the menu and you can choose who you want to edit. Ex: You can go to HBk. If they gave him the same outfit again. You should be able to change the color of the pants, the cross, the wristbands or what ever. You should be able to save this to give him an alternate attire. You may want to take away or give him a beard. You can even edit his DX pants. You should be able to give him an entrance attire. like the sleeveless shirt and cowboy hat. (It be fun if you could give him his WM 25 attire.) Or give jeff hardy a painted face or non-painted face. Change his arm bands color. What do you think would this be a good create-a-mode to have?

[quote name='ssj1-goku' post='5993931' date='Apr 21 2009, 08:20 PM']i posted this liek 10months ago[/quote]
:???: ...Which is quite a long time ago, if you think about it. When LOW wasn't even out. Or SvR09, for that matter. Apart from that, nice one.

WWF No Mercy had the ability to edit any superstar (as well as 4 options in costume select to mess with) and you could copy any superstar, too. Both nice touches I thought.

Would be awesome but the problem is the CD it's self. The cartridge games had built in ram and memory which enabled you to edit character models and store it on the cartridges flash memory. In order to do it with a CD you would have to install the whole thing on a memory card or HDD in order for it to play smoothly or you would get really bad lag from when playing from cd, extremely long load times or massive save files to accommodate the information.

Also in order to do this they would have to make all the characters more like the CAL/CAS wrestlers in order for the parts to fit every body type. It would suck to lose all the realism of the superstars just to change their tights.

[quote name='Sweet Shin Music' post='5994358' date='Apr 21 2009, 04:04 PM'][quote name='ssj1-goku' post='5993931' date='Apr 21 2009, 08:20 PM']i posted this liek 10months ago[/quote]
:???: ...Which is quite a long time ago, if you think about it. When LOW wasn't even out. Or SvR09, for that matter. Apart from that, nice one.

WWF No Mercy had the ability to edit any superstar (as well as 4 options in costume select to mess with) and you could copy any superstar, too. Both nice touches I thought.
[/quote]
thats what i liked about No Mercy was editing superstars, they probably don't let us do that anymore because they think we'll make too many changes and make the superstars unrealistic.

I would edit the No Mercy outfits a lot. I liked that you could change the names of guys to go the the alt attires too. This gave you a chance for more wrestlers. I would create a Bret Hart and then make two of his four attires Owen Hart. They would have the same moveset and taunts but it was a fun way to have more characters. I think I made L.O.D. behind the APA. One of Kurt Angles attires was Rob Van Dam.

I think for another LOW game they should have interview segments. Like the chance to go on Brother Love or Pipers Pit and with random questions and random outcomes like getting jumped from behind, confronted w/ a challenge, hitting the host, fans booing you off stage. Maybe decided by your answers or who you have listed as the superstars in-game rivals at that moment. It doesn't have to be real deep. Just a fun lil mode to help enhance our own storylines and feuds.

WWF no mercy. This is exactly what i'm talking about. They probably could do it back then because the game wasn't so big. SvR has a bigger roster, improved graphics and all these game modes. WWF no mercy was simple but satisfying. They didn't have all of those fancy things. This is why we may never have this mode though it would be awesome. >:->( X DX Rules!! >:-)X

[quote name='Thomas Pain' post='6000076' date='Apr 23 2009, 10:47 PM']Or you wanted to create Ron Simmons and give JBL his apa look[/quote]

Then you'd be making farooq;)

An option like this would either

1. make them game incredibly large
or
2. ruin all the clothing textures on in game wrestlers

Have you ever compared your created textures to the real ones?
sucks don't it

A nice thing to do and to avoid the texture idea is to have like alternate attires for each wrestler, say have four, and so they would be modeled perfectly so as to avoid the texture thing. OK, I know that sounds like a very old idea, but here is the new part: Make us combine the attires. Like give the Undertaker 4 different faces and four different shirts, pants, etc..And let us have the freedom to dress our Legend with the combination of attires we see fit. Then, you could have the Ministry Undertaker with his two looks: The outfit he used in WM XV against the Bossman and his 98 outfit, since he used it back then a lot on episodes of Raw.

Yeah I don't know where this whole disc discussion came from... if THQ wanted you to edit the models, they would let you edit the models. I see the problem being since a new game is released every year, they don't want to give you full power to edit past models but rather purchase a new one.

Archived