Arg...only one more medal left, but it's a pain in the ass

Generations

I only have a single medal left, but it's the last one for relive, and you need to meet every single requirement to get it. I did it yesterday, and got every requirement except blocking the rock bottom. I hate when they make you allow your opponent get the upper hand. I mean, he usually doesn't even have a finisher because I pound on him the whole match, and he never gets any higher than move tier two. It's really annoying that I have to let him get to tier 3.

[quote name='Stronger Than Death' post='5881827' date='Mar 25 2009, 10:59 AM']considering its called 'relive', you have to relive it, and i dont mind having to do something thats a bit challenging...[/quote]

I understand that. Just saying, it's the only one that makes you get every single requirement for the gold medal. All of the other ones require 160/180 points, etc. You can usually afford to skip at least one of the requirements and still unlock the medal and whatever you get for doing it.

[quote name='Ultimo G' post='5881830' date='Mar 25 2009, 04:02 PM'][quote name='Stronger Than Death' post='5881827' date='Mar 25 2009, 10:59 AM']considering its called 'relive', you have to relive it, and i dont mind having to do something thats a bit challenging...[/quote]

I understand that. Just saying, it's the only one that makes you get every single requirement for the gold medal. All of the other ones require 160/180 points, etc. You can usually afford to skip at least one of the requirements and still unlock the medal and whatever you get for doing it.
[/quote]

[color="#000080"][b]But you are essentially griping about something you truly have to complete. I actually don't like the fact that you can get a gold medal on all the others without doing everything. I would get a gold medal and go back in and do the match again so I could say I got all the points too. It's what makes a game fun is completing everything you can even if it is not necessary. I loved that I had to let him get the Rock Bottom because it made it more realistic and there was one match where it was late and I was way tired and he did 3 Rock Bottoms in a row and I couldn't block it but it was awesome! I play it on hard so it's nice and challenging![/b][/color]

Okay...let me rephrase. I don't really care about the medal. If they want the medal to be a challenge, that's fine with me. I would gladly try hard to get the medals. I just wish the unlockables didn't have to coincide with the gold medal. Have the medal be the challenge. Have the unlockable just be given out for clearing the match, etc.

[quote name='Ultimo G' post='5881817' date='Mar 25 2009, 03:53 PM']I only have a single medal left, but it's the last one for relive, and you need to meet every single requirement to get it. I did it yesterday, and got every requirement except blocking the rock bottom. I hate when they make you allow your opponent get the upper hand. I mean, he usually doesn't even have a finisher because I pound on him the whole match, and he never gets any higher than move tier two. It's really annoying that I have to let him get to tier 3.[/quote]

I love the fact that you have goals to achieve in this game it makes it more interesting, I struggled with the Rock Bottom part for the best part of 2 nights, however I found an easy way to do it! as soon as you have won the first objective, immediatley let the Rock take the offensive I blocked any striking atacks but let him chain grapple, this way huis meter fills alot quiqer and you dont recieve that much damage! hopefully as soon as he reaches level 3 he will try and do the Rock bottom, at this point hit the right on the pad and triangle to reverse the move, after that is out of the way just do the rest of the objectives :)

This is easy to get beat tha shit out of him until you get your level 3 moves then let him whoop that ass until he gets level 3, Then knock him down and regain your health by hitting the "d pad down+triangle+Circle" or Corresponding buttons on a 360 controller get your health back up then let him strong grapple you and just revers it (the rock bottom isn't his finishing move so it should be easy to reverse. then just get you special up by doing chain grapples again and give him the stunner and your done...

• 3 months later...
This one was the hardest part for me also... just beat the living hell out of The Rock... and let him get some momentum. Then when you see him going for a strong grapple... just press the reverse button as fast as you :censored: ing can. :cool:

That Relive challenge was annoying for me cause he would either do the Samoan Drop over the Rock Bottom or I would miss the Rock Bottom altogether.

Simply what I did was get all the accomplishments first then beat the snot out of The Rock until I reached Level 3. After that I allowed The Rock to win the chain grapples (pretty much screwed up constantly). Right when he reaches Level 3, have your fingers on the opposition of The Rock and Triangle (not sure of 360's controls which is reversal). I was able to counter the Rock Bottom easily using that method. Hell I blocked a 2nd one coming and stunned him for the win.

Bingo, medal obtained.....after losing 3 times to him of course :P

Archived