"Every TNA Star Wants To Be In WWE"

V to I

[url="http://www.wrestling-radio.com/?view=newsitem&hline=10896"]http://www.wrestling-radio.com/?view=newsi...amp;hline=10896[/url]
[quote]TNA Wrestler Says Everyone In TNA Wants To Be In WWE
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

TNA wrestler Sonjay Dutt, who is about to be let go from TNA, says that everyone on the TNA roster has a desire to be in WWE.

"Any professional wrestler - ask everybody in TNA no matter where you are - they're going to want to be in WWE," Dutt told World Band Media radio. "That's the top; that's the best. Every professional wrestler deep down in their heart wants to be in WWE."

Dutt said the top stars however probably enjoy working for TNA more than WWE due to the easier schedule and generous pay. "WWE's schedule is so insane and hectic, so for a guy like Sting who has put his time into the business, he doesn't need to be on the road," Dutt said. "TNA is a good option. It has a light schedule to make the kind of money they want to make."

Sonjay’s contract with TNA expires at the end of the month. He’s headed to Japan this weekend for a tour with Zero-One, then he’s back on the indy circuit here in the U.S. There have been rumors that WWE is interested in Sonjay, which he obviously hopes are true. Dutt believes he could be a valuable asset to WWE for their upcoming tour of India and progressive international expansion in Southeast Asia.[/quote]

[quote name='Ultimo G' post='5811322' date='Mar 7 2009, 03:21 AM']I really do hope WWE signs Sonjay...(but only if they use him right).[/quote]
I got to be honest i dont know if theirs a place for him in WWE without the cruiser weight title unless he could be half of a good tag-team. I dont think WWE need many people on the TNA roster on LAX and MCMG (other thn the oviose people like sting).

I seriously doubt that all the TNA roster wants to be in the WWE. I'm sure guys like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Sting, Team 3D, LAX, Beer Money, MCMG, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Kevin Nash, etc. all had an opportunity to go to/return to the WWE multiple times. But they didnt, and do you know why. Because WWE guys are on the road 300 days a year, it is extremely hard/impossible to get a push or stay on top, and TNA was their big break and they are loyal. And maybe, just maybe, they just flat out dont want to go to the WWE

[quote name='Lightning_KF' post='5812844' date='Mar 7 2009, 09:45 AM'][quote name='Ultimo G' post='5811322' date='Mar 6 2009, 11:21 PM']I really do hope WWE signs Sonjay...(but only if they use him right).[/quote]
His size is gonna be his downfall.
[/quote]

I don't see how you could say that. There have been plenty of smaller athletes who have become big names in the WWE. Rey Mysterio being the most obvious. Sonjay Dutt is quicker and capable of performing far more entertaining moves than Mysterio...so I definitely think he's got a shot at being a big name.

lets be honest, i cannot see Sonjay doing well in WWE unless they bring back a cruiserweight division. He isnt a tag wrestler, isnt good enough to win the intercontinental or US title, and is nowhere near good enough to be wwe or heavyweight champion. My reccomendation, Sonjay should go to ROH or CZW

[quote name='Beast from the West' post='5813346' date='Mar 7 2009, 05:30 PM']I seriously doubt that all the TNA roster wants to be in the WWE. I'm sure guys like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Sting, Team 3D, LAX, Beer Money, MCMG, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Kevin Nash, etc. all had an opportunity to go to/return to the WWE multiple times. But they didnt, and do you know why. Because WWE guys are on the road 300 days a year, it is extremely hard/impossible to get a push or stay on top, and TNA was their big break and they are loyal. And maybe, just maybe, they just flat out dont want to go to the WWE[/quote]

6 or so of those people you listed have already been in WWE.

The only reason that seem's more likely than anything would be the Travel Schedule and the whole Pushing thing. Loyality means nothing if your going to get an extra 10/20,000 a week especially in times like this. Especially if TNA or WWE are not using you or your just getting jobbed or not being used properly.

[quote name='Beast from the West' post='5813346' date='Mar 7 2009, 09:30 AM'][b]I seriously doubt that all the TNA roster wants to be in the WWE. [/b]I'm sure guys like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Sting, Team 3D, LAX, Beer Money, MCMG, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Kevin Nash, etc. all had an opportunity to go to/return to the WWE multiple times. But they didnt, and do you know why. Because WWE guys are on the road 300 days a year, it is extremely hard/impossible to get a push or stay on top, and TNA was their big break and they are loyal. And maybe, just maybe, they just flat out dont want to go to the WWE[/quote]
Than you'd be seriously wrong.

[quote name='Beast from the West' post='5813346' date='Mar 7 2009, 12:30 PM']I seriously doubt that all the TNA roster wants to be in the WWE. I'm sure guys like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Sting, Team 3D, LAX, Beer Money, MCMG, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Kevin Nash, etc. all had an opportunity to go to/return to the WWE multiple times. But they didnt, and do you know why. Because WWE guys are on the road 300 days a year, it is extremely hard/impossible to get a push or stay on top, and TNA was their big break and they are loyal. And maybe, just maybe, they just flat out dont want to go to the WWE[/quote]
Kurt Angle said numerous times he'd go back to WWE right now if he could.. Kevin Nash has said he wants to go back before he retires and They don't want Booker T. Besides, Only 3 were offered a contract.. Chris Sabin, AJ Styles & Samoa Joe.

Who says he won't be given a chance in WWE?

ECW is packed full of people who aren't that huge with just one or two exceptions. You also got guys main eventing Raw and SD who don't fit the assumed role people still stereotype WWE as like they were in the 80s

Obviously their gonna want to go there, WWE is much more popular than TNA right now and it may stay that way. When non wrestling fans think about wrestling they think of the WWF/WWE just because it's been around for so long, and they have made a lot of history through their period of time.

[quote name='Dr. Awesome' post='5842504' date='Mar 15 2009, 01:30 AM']If I were WWE, I would hire Sonjay and bill him from Islamabad, Pakistan. Have him fued with Khali so that Sonjay can draw lots of heat from India.[/quote]

Ermmm yes sure.....

But i still think Sonjay in WWE is a big no no. I just dont see him fitting into any title picture. If he was to go though, he could be Great Khali's new translator

Archived