WCCW 1985

billwagon

***Sorry for the non-working link before. I re-uploaded it to two different sites so hopefully one works for you guys****

Fun year for WCCW. Mike Von Erich had bulked up and started to look decent in the ring until the Toxic Shock stuff almost killed him. The Freebirds started to fight alongside the Von Erichs for a while. The Dynamic Duo really became the top heals in the company for the year. Billy Jack Haynes came for a brief run in the company and dropped the "Jack" in a tribute to his ill father and was just Billy Haynes. The Fantastics and the Midnight Express had a great feud going on for much of the year. Rick Rude came on near the end of the year with Percy Pringle and really made an impact. His "Rude Awakening" at the time was his DDT actually. If you hit L1 from groggy behind it will actually do the running DDT finisher for Rude even though he isn't running. Hopefully people enjoy the save.

Download link 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P7EW1J70

Download link 2: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=518921

Champions:

World Heavyweight Champion: Ric Flair (NWA)
WWE Champion: Gino Hernandez (Texas HW Champion)
Tag Champions: Fantastics
6-man Tag Champions: Kerry, Kevin, and Mike Von Erich (using tag titles and Intercontinental titles that look similar)
U.S. Champion: Chris Adams (American HW Champion)

Roster:

Billy Haynes (black trunks) *billwagon original
Bobby Eaton (red tights) *don't know
Bobby Fulton (blue trunks) *ryno's with minor tweaks by me
Brian Adias (blue trunks) *billwagon original
Buddy Roberts (green and yellow)*ryno's I believe
Chris Adams (black trunks) *ryno's
Dennis Condrey (red trunks) *bilskie's tweaked by me
Gino Hernandez (black trunks) *ryno's
Grappler, The (traditional grappler attire with mask)*billwagon original
Great Kabuki (green and red facepaint) *ryno's?

Hercules Hernandez (black trunks) *billwagon original
Hollywood John Tatum (blue trunks) *billwagon original
Iceman King Parsons (taped fist attire) *ryno's
Jack Victory (black tights with hearts on them) *billwagon original
Kelly Kiniski (blue trunks) *billwagon original
Kerry Von Erich (white trunks) *don't know, lot of work by me
Kevin Von Erich (yellow trunks black left knee pad) *billwagon very modded from Ryno's
Killer Tim Brooks (black trunks with red stripe) *billwagon original
Lance Von Erich (gold trunks) *billwagon original
Mark Lewin (white pants) *billwagon original

Michael Hayes (green and yellow)*don't know, some work by me
Mike Von Erich (light blue trunks) *billwagon, very modded from Ryno's
Nick Kiniski (yellow trunks) *billwagon original
One Man Gang (taped fist attire) *don't know, decent amount of work by me
Rick Rood(purple tights)*zurick I believe (He spelled his last name Rood then, not a typo)
Ricky Morton *billskie
Robert Gibson *lucasmade I believe
Scott Casey (black trunks) *billwagon original
Terry Gordy (green and yellow) *billwagon original
Tommy Rogers (blue trunks) *ryno's with minor tweaks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
I have revived this save over the last couple of days. It is turning out pretty well. If anybody is actually reading this and has a Jack Victory, Nick Kiniski, or Kelly Kiniski please let me know. After I get those three finished I will have everybody. I am editing attires for everybody best I can for that year. Some of my footage it isn't clear what year it was taken from and so I have to make an educated guess. I will create PPV's from real cards for the year as always. Look for this save to be finished by December 1, 2009. I will then be looking to do another save for a Christmas release.

[quote name='billwagon' date='24 November 2009 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1259083329' post='6874221']
I have revived this save over the last couple of days. It is turning out pretty well. If anybody is actually reading this and has a Jack Victory, Nick Kiniski, or Kelly Kiniski please let me know. After I get those three finished I will have everybody. I am editing attires for everybody best I can for that year. Some of my footage it isn't clear what year it was taken from and so I have to make an educated guess. I will create PPV's from real cards for the year as always. Look for this save to be finished by December 1, 2009. I will then be looking to do another save for a Christmas release.
[/quote]

Looks good...

Do you have any plans for the next save ?

[quote name='Morigan' date='25 November 2009 - 06:52 AM' timestamp='1259157124' post='6876219']
[quote name='billwagon' date='24 November 2009 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1259083329' post='6874221']
[/quote]

Looks good...

[/quote]

Not sure yet. I am open to requests but can't guarantee that is what I'll do. I might do WCCW 1986. I might do NWA 1988, I might go back and do a WWF 1995 that I never finished. What are you interested in?

[quote name='billwagon' date='26 November 2009 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1259252938' post='6878607']
[quote name='Morigan' date='25 November 2009 - 06:52 AM' timestamp='1259157124' post='6876219']
[/quote]

Looks good...

[/quote]

Not sure yet. I am open to requests but can't guarantee that is what I'll do. I might do WCCW 1986. I might do NWA 1988, I might go back and do a WWF 1995 that I never finished. What are you interested in?
[/quote]

I'm personally interested in your modern roster saves.

[quote name='billwagon' date='28 November 2009 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1259389628' post='6882311']
well, I have created Nick and Kelly Kiniski. Now I just have to create Jack Victory and put the finishing touches on the save.
[/quote]
I'm very interested in the NWA 1988. How about trying something new though - maybe an ECW 1996 or 1997? Would love to see that!

[quote name='midnightX88' date='30 November 2009 - 08:08 AM' timestamp='1259593701' post='6888395']
[quote name='billwagon' date='28 November 2009 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1259389628' post='6882311']
well, I have created Nick and Kelly Kiniski. Now I just have to create Jack Victory and put the finishing touches on the save.
[/quote]
I'm very interested in the NWA 1988. How about trying something new though - maybe an ECW 1996 or 1997? Would love to see that!
[/quote]

Oh, interesting request. I don't have a lot of footage of those years in particular but I am intrigued by the idea. I think I will do one of those next.

WCCW save: I just finished Jack Victory, and the Kiniski's. This save looks pretty good and half of these caw's are my originals so I am curious to get feedback about it. I have to finish creating PPV's and this save is done.

[quote name='midnightX88' date='01 December 2009 - 07:10 AM' timestamp='1259676619' post='6890958']
Awesome to hear that! That was great year for ECW. I just recently followed the feuds from that year myself. Some of the "must haves" on the roster - Sandman, Raven, Dreamer, bWo, Pitbulls, Eliminators, Dudleys.

Keep us updated.
[/quote]

I'll make sure those guys are on the roster

[quote name='midnightX88' date='01 December 2009 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1259709252' post='6891926']
The link comes up as "incorrect file link"?!?! Anyone else have this problem?
[/quote]

yep same here!

Hey bud if you want to be exact on who's caws are who's ,I can let you know if it's mine or not.

Ryno

Very good save, billwagon! I was never a fan of Mike Von Erich, but this is the year when he packed on a few pounds and had really started to show some promise. I like the difference in the CAW from your 82-84 save to your 85 version. [b]Good change.[/b] I'm a huge fan of tag-team wrestling, so having the Midnights vs. the Fantastics was great, too. Great Percy Pringle! :nod:

Did you have an opportunity to check out my Freebirds that I sent you?

[quote name='midnightX88' date='12 December 2009 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1260660227' post='6918351']
Very good save, billwagon! I was never a fan of Mike Von Erich, but this is the year when he packed on a few pounds and had really started to show some promise. I like the difference in the CAW from your 82-84 save to your 85 version. [b]Good change.[/b] I'm a huge fan of tag-team wrestling, so having the Midnights vs. the Fantastics was great, too. Great Percy Pringle! :nod:

Did you have an opportunity to check out my Freebirds that I sent you?
[/quote]

Great Percy Pringle! I believe that's my caw..I'm the only one to who made him....

Thanks Ryno

Yes you are correct...Both are mine as well....

Buddy Roberts (green and yellow)*ryno's I believe
Great Kabuki (green and red facepaint) *ryno's?

By the way...Good save!!!

Archived