RE: Picture edits mod

-MJH-

[quote name='JayDee' post='5760493' date='Feb 23 2009, 02:46 AM']Hello,

We've decided to give all of our moderators permissions in the section as we don't feel the need to add a new moderator to the team for the specific idea of modding that section.

[b]Thank you for bringing the lack of moderating attention to that board and we hope that the decision that we made helps sort out any problems you may have.[/b]

Thanks,
CAWs.ws Administration[/quote]

I'm afraid this doesn't solve our problems. The picture edits board contains two "cult" followings Video Game edits and South Park edits, which both need moderating. Simply giving any moderator power in that board doesn't help as the only mod ever to post in the board appears to have been demodded. Me and hytman do what we can to keep it organised but as expected with any community there will be conflict and there will be problems and no moderator is involved enough to do anything. I honestly don't see the problem with adding a moderator given that they have power over the picture edits board only, hell considering the size of this board I'm surprised there aren't two moderators for every board. Sorry to be pushy, but this really isn't a good solution especially since RRS is no longer mod.

Ok, the admin have reviewed the situation and obviously felt that giving all moderators power there was the best solution. As I've explained [i]many[/i] times previously it simply isn't often enough that there's "conflict and there will be problems" to warrant that section having it's own dedicated moderator. I really am failing to see why members that frequent that board can't just post here in Website & Forum help if an issue arises so that a member of staff can sort it, it's as if you feel you are your own seperate community. I really don't see how there is still an issue despite and administrative decision having been made.

[quote name='Mr E. Nygma' post='5768861' date='Feb 25 2009, 04:38 AM']Ok, the admin have reviewed the situation and obviously felt that giving all moderators power there was the best solution. As I've explained [i]many[/i] times previously it simply isn't often enough that there's "conflict and there will be problems" to warrant that section having it's own dedicated moderator. I really am failing to see why members that frequent that board can't just post here in Website & Forum help if an issue arises so that a member of staff can sort it, it's as if you feel you are your own seperate community. I really don't see how there is still an issue despite and administrative decision having been made.[/quote]

because it's too much hassle to post everything necessary, we can't post every time we want a sticky, a lock or something else. Fighting etc. would be reported here but with a mod they could control things before it gets out of hand or to the point where it's necessary to report to admins. I understand the security issues with a new mod but honestly unless a really poor choice mod was made the only concern they would have is to moderate picture edits. And it's still an issue because the resolution does not benefit us, perhaps if a moderator ever posted in picture edits it would be a good solution but they dont, so someone who posts there should be made moderator of the board.

[quote name='-MJH-' post='5768884' date='Feb 25 2009, 05:49 AM'][quote name='Mr E. Nygma' post='5768861' date='Feb 25 2009, 04:38 AM']Ok, the admin have reviewed the situation and obviously felt that giving all moderators power there was the best solution. As I've explained [i]many[/i] times previously it simply isn't often enough that there's "conflict and there will be problems" to warrant that section having it's own dedicated moderator. I really am failing to see why members that frequent that board can't just post here in Website & Forum help if an issue arises so that a member of staff can sort it, it's as if you feel you are your own seperate community. I really don't see how there is still an issue despite and administrative decision having been made.[/quote]

because it's too much hassle to post everything necessary, [b]we can't post every time we want a sticky, a lock or something else.[/b] Fighting etc. would be reported here but with a mod they could control things before it gets out of hand or to the point where it's necessary to report to admins. I understand the security issues with a new mod but honestly unless a really poor choice mod was made the only concern they would have is to moderate picture edits. And it's still an issue because the resolution does not benefit us, perhaps if a moderator ever posted in picture edits it would be a good solution but they dont, so someone who posts there should be made moderator of the board.
[/quote]
Technically you can you can you just choose not too, you'd much rather waste loads of time complaining about not having a mod than spend a couple of minutes writing "Can we have this stickied?" or "Can this be locked it's run it's course". If there is legitimately a good number of reason that section needs a mod type it up and take it too an administrator. However if all you have is "we can't post every time we want a sticky, a lock or something else." I really wouldn't reccomend it.

[quote name='Mr E. Nygma' post='5768928' date='Feb 25 2009, 05:04 AM'][quote name='-MJH-' post='5768884' date='Feb 25 2009, 05:49 AM'][quote name='Mr E. Nygma' post='5768861' date='Feb 25 2009, 04:38 AM']Ok, the admin have reviewed the situation and obviously felt that giving all moderators power there was the best solution. As I've explained [i]many[/i] times previously it simply isn't often enough that there's "conflict and there will be problems" to warrant that section having it's own dedicated moderator. I really am failing to see why members that frequent that board can't just post here in Website & Forum help if an issue arises so that a member of staff can sort it, it's as if you feel you are your own seperate community. I really don't see how there is still an issue despite and administrative decision having been made.[/quote]

because it's too much hassle to post everything necessary, [b]we can't post every time we want a sticky, a lock or something else.[/b] Fighting etc. would be reported here but with a mod they could control things before it gets out of hand or to the point where it's necessary to report to admins. I understand the security issues with a new mod but honestly unless a really poor choice mod was made the only concern they would have is to moderate picture edits. And it's still an issue because the resolution does not benefit us, perhaps if a moderator ever posted in picture edits it would be a good solution but they dont, so someone who posts there should be made moderator of the board.
[/quote]
Technically you can you can you just choose not too, you'd much rather waste loads of time complaining about not having a mod than spend a couple of minutes writing "Can we have this stickied?" or "Can this be locked it's run it's course". If there is legitimately a good number of reason that section needs a mod type it up and take it too an administrator. However if all you have is "we can't post every time we want a sticky, a lock or something else." I really wouldn't reccomend it.
[/quote]

Well explain to me what other reason there is for a moderator? Because all they do is lock sticky and report. The picture edits board needs a moderator for that. I'm not talking like 1 or 2 topics every now and then to ask to be locked or stickied. I could easily give you examples of other forums that have the same setup I'm talking about but it would be advertising so I wont, but I fail to see why you are so reluctant to think there should be a mod. All I'm really asking for is another solution than what was given because as stated it doesn't solve our problems considering no moderators visit there. One reason we wanted a mod in the first place was so we didn't have to rely on a moderator or global moderator to be online to do every little thing we wanted. It would be so much more convienient to have a mod and I'm sure there are plenty of suitable candidates.

[quote name='Mr E. Nygma' post='5768928' date='Feb 25 2009, 06:04 PM'][quote name='-MJH-' post='5768884' date='Feb 25 2009, 05:49 AM'][quote name='Mr E. Nygma' post='5768861' date='Feb 25 2009, 04:38 AM']Ok, the admin have reviewed the situation and obviously felt that giving all moderators power there was the best solution. As I've explained [i]many[/i] times previously it simply isn't often enough that there's "conflict and there will be problems" to warrant that section having it's own dedicated moderator. I really am failing to see why members that frequent that board can't just post here in Website & Forum help if an issue arises so that a member of staff can sort it, it's as if you feel you are your own seperate community. I really don't see how there is still an issue despite and administrative decision having been made.[/quote]

[/quote]
Technically you can you can you just choose not too, you'd much rather waste loads of time complaining about not having a mod than spend a couple of minutes writing "Can we have this stickied?" or "Can this be locked it's run it's course". If there is legitimately a good number of reason that section needs a mod type it up and take it too an administrator. However if all you have is "we can't post every time we want a sticky, a lock or something else." I really wouldn't recommend it.
[/quote]

Well,to post every single topic that needed to be closed would take forever and add un-needed server strain.
And, if Picture edits doesn't need a mod, i dont see why other smaller groups like GTA4 or fan clubs, should get one

GTA is run by Queenie who is also a GFX mod therefore GTA doesn't have it's own dedicated mod. Fan clubs also doesn't have a mod until recently it was run by Pseudonym who also modded the Gaming Zone forum. I really think you should just message an admin and if what is quoted in the first post is a reply from an administrator then I really don't see why you couldn't have kept the discussion in PM's instead of bringing it out in the open and making a huge deal over such a minor issue. Also the putting stress on the server thing isn't really a valid point as there have been massive report topics in the past which really didn't affect the servers in any way, shape or form.

What was quoted in the first post was a response to our other topic which he closed as it was 'resolved'. Anyway, it wouldn't just be a few topics that would be stickied once in a while. Having a mod that actually uses the Pictures Edits board would be able to sticky the most recent show and then unsticky it when done. It would make everything alot easier.

[quote name='iSlash' post='5773737' date='Feb 26 2009, 10:59 PM']What was quoted in the first post was a response to our other topic which he closed as it was 'resolved'. Anyway, it wouldn't just be a few topics that would be stickied once in a while. Having a mod that actually uses the Pictures Edits board would be able to sticky the most recent show and then unsticky it when done. It would make everything alot easier.[/quote]
Adding to this Hall-Of-Fame (Which I will be making soon)

[quote name='.-k :D a'' post='5812530' date='Mar 7 2009, 08:21 PM']Hmm MJH made a topic asking for a mod here and they said that if we needed something we could just pm a mod and I PMed a mod 2 days ago to sticky this topic and there is still no answear.[/quote]
Hmm, looky here.

[quote name='iSlash' post='5812539' date='Mar 7 2009, 01:28 PM'][quote name='.-k :D a'' post='5812530' date='Mar 7 2009, 08:21 PM']Hmm MJH made a topic asking for a mod here and they said that if we needed something we could just pm a mod and I PMed a mod 2 days ago to sticky this topic and there is still no answear.[/quote]
Hmm, looky here.
[/quote]
I did actuall pin that as soon as I received the PM, unfortunately the server went down as I was doing it. So please don't act like that's a big deal.

It isn't entirely necessary to give that section a Mod. There really isn't much problems, TBH. But I 'suppose it wouldn't hurt. But some members need to understand that Caws.ws uses the meritocracy system & has a very specific hierarchy. It goes: Member, Mod, G-Mod, Admin, Owner. So It's really not up to the members at all. If they're going to do something they will, if not, then there's just nothing we can do. It's kinda' like the whole no more Gifs as Avatars anymore thing. We protested, nothing happened, we got used to it. So, IMO, I can't see this happening any time soon.

[quote name='JυstツDαηce' post='5812556' date='Mar 7 2009, 12:41 PM']It isn't entirely necessary to give that section a Mod. There really isn't much problems, TBH. But I 'suppose it wouldn't hurt. But some members need to understand that Caws.ws uses the meritocracy system & has a very specific hierarchy. It goes: Member, Mod, G-Mod, Admin, Owner. So It's really not up to the members at all. If they're going to do something they will, if not, then there's just nothing we can do. It's kinda' like the whole no more Gifs as Avatars anymore thing. We protested, nothing happened, we got used to it. So, IMO, I can't see this happening any time soon.[/quote]

The gif issue is completely different, adding another moderator wont hurt the server. Whilst this is a dictatorship, I'd like to think that Tom Rice listens to the majority and until I actually hear a yes or no from him I'll keep trying until there's more reasons. All I've heard from Tom as of yet is we'll look into it, which is also what he said when I contacted him about the picture edits board and after i showed him how popular it is he made the board. I really didn't think getting a moderator would be the hard part.

Fact is, Tom's extremely busy so he leaves others in charge but even if he saw all this he might say no. If several staff members and ordinary members are wondering what the point is and you're replying with servers (which isn't credible really) and the need to lock and sticky then the best bet is ask a mod to come in and do that because far as I know, your only option is to wait till they want mods and see if they have a position open for Picture Edits, if they don't that's it, move on from the issue.

Archived