What happened to Managers.?

ʟᴜsʜʜ

As i re-watch ECW from last week and see Natalya accompany Tyson Kidd to the ring, I suddenly get a flashback of the Attitude era when you would see such Diva's as Debra accompany Jeff Jarrett, or Terri accompanying one of her many associates to the ring. The main difference between then and now. Is that the Diva's were just as much of the match as the men they were supporting. Now adays we have Layla accompanying Regal, only to stand at ringside and do practically nothing but give the fans in the front row a nice view of her assets.! Being a manager in the WWE used to mean doing what it took to get your and your associates character over. Rather that ment getting on the Apron and showing your puppies, Pulling the refs leg, or getting yourself physically involved, the manager became a actual person with an actual character instead of just generic diva #4. Lita,Trish,Victoria,Sable,Sunny,Luna, and many more all got there starts as managers and see where there career's went. Even though they all may be gone, they are still remembered for one reason or another, and getting them out there as managers got them the exposure they needed.

What happened to the effective managers we were used to.?
Do you feel there should be more managers.?
Or whatever else you want to discuss.!

It would be nice to see the managers get involved a lot more. Like you said back in the days they would get involved every chase they could. Now they just stand there and look pretty. I mean we all have favorite divas and if our favorite diva becomes a manager we still want to see them get involved some how. Hopefully they start having Layla doing more and the future managers.

Layla is a boring manager. She looks good, but I did enjoy when she threw her shoe at CM Punk a few months back. That was amazing.

I think Debra and Ivory were great managers. I loved their feud when Jarrett/Owen were feuding with D'lo/Mark Henry.

These days the WWE is trying to make everyone wrestlers. It seems like managers and valets are less frequent than ever.

I was thinking about diva managers not too long ago lol... that's so weird.

And BTW Layla is a boring manager but she is terrible at wrestling so I guess it's better for her to be manager but the most exciting thing she done as a manager was throw her shoe at CM Punk when he eliminated Regal at SS

Archived