Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Volume 1

Bilskie

Hello all, its been a while but here I am. In case you all were wondering...

[b]1. The 1989 saves have hit a (temporary) wall. I left off with the Bash 89 save I worked on, thats as far as I got on that.

2. The UWF save is done...I think and I will post it on MegaUpload when I get aroundtuit. Or for individual requests via private message or email I can send them in an attachment. I'll let you know when its ready to be sent/posted on THIS thread.

3.I recently came across some old Mid Atlantic Wrestling footage from the late 70's thru the early 80's...what a GOLDMINE of wrestling!!!!
Anyway, Im whipping up a save tenatively titled: [i]MACW 1(Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Vol 1)[/i] Now granted I took some of the CAWS off of my NWA MegaSave Vol 1 which had the 83-84 mix of Mid Atlantic and Georgia Championship Wrestling stars on it. I can say that there will be some [i]NAMES[/i] you've seen before...but NOT like you've [i]SEEN[/i] before. You know how I roll, each CAW gets the look and attire of what they wore in a particular era/year. THIS save will be no exception.
I have a slight problem though. I have tried to get a formula for JACK & GERALD BRISCO, but to no avail. I tried making them from scratch, and much to my dismay, I CANNOT get them too look right!!! ANybody that knows anything about Mid Atlantic Wrestling sould know that the Brisco Brothers were NWA World Tag Team champions in this era, so it is IMPERATIVE that I find a formula for them, or borrow them from someone...immediately. So if YOU or someone you know has JACK & GERALD BRISCO caws, PLEASE drop me a line! Thanks guys![/b]

Save sounds great.

Here's help for you for Gerald Brisco

[url="http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=43913&hl=brisco"]http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=43913&hl=brisco[/url]

If you need help finding any others your looking for let me know.

Please send me your UWF save.

[quote name='ryno23' post='5624446' date='Jan 22 2009, 10:55 AM']Save sounds great.

Here's help for you for Gerald Brisco

[url="http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=43913&hl=brisco"]http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=43913&hl=brisco[/url]

If you need help finding any others your looking for let me know.

Please send me your UWF save.[/quote]

Thanks for that heads up Ryno!!! I tried downloading this save on THIS site, but it wouldn't download.? I have that save now, got it off of MegaUpload, and Im happy to report that the Jack & Gerald Brisco are now in slots 29 & 30 on my first(hopefully of many) Mid Atlantic save!!!!!

So right from jump, I wanna thank the creator of that Corporation-vs-Ministry save....its damn good!!!! I been so preoccupied with the NWA stuff, I never really took the chance to admire the "attitude" WWF era in caw form. WOW!!! Great job!!!! Thanks in advance for your rendition on Gerald Brisco...I tweaked him to resemlbe that of the early 80's version, and from him I [i]spawned[/i] former [b]NWA World Heavyweight Champion, older brother JACK BRISCO[/b], who I admire a great deal, especially now after viewing some archival footage of him in his prime!!! Now that was a GREAT WRESTLER!!!

Anyway, the lineup is done, just making my "age-defining" tweaks to the 30 wrestlers, and also putting the finishing touches on some move sets...hey people...Ric Flair aint the only one proficient at the Figure 4...Jack Brisco used that move TO PERFECTION, in his day !!!

So far I have these CAWS tenatively set for MACW 1:

1.Ric Flair
2.Chief Wahoo McDaniel
3.Ken Patera
4.Harley Race
5.Blackjack Mulligan
6.Paul Jones
7.Sgt. Slaughter
8.Don Kernodle
9.One Man Gang
10.Baron Von Raschke
11.Jimmy Valiant
12.Masked Superstar
13.Roddy Piper
14.Greg Valentine
15.Bob Orton Jr.
16.Dick Slater
17.Rick Steamboat
18.Jay Youngblood
19.Big John Studd
20.Tony Atlas
21.Mike Rotundo(no not Rotund[b]A[/b] yet-thats years later)
22.Kabuki
23.Dory Funk Jr.
24.Iron Shiek
25.Private Jim Nelson(the henchman of Slaughter & Kernodle, until he joined up w/ Steamer & Youngblood)
26.Paul Orndorff
27.Jimmy Snuka
28.Don Muraco
29. & 30. Jack & Gerald Brisco

This is tenative as I said, I still might make some omitions and add-ons yet, not sure.
But that's what I've got for now.

More later!

[quote name='freakzilla' post='5631430' date='Jan 24 2009, 10:30 AM']Sounds great, I'm really excited about this save.I live in North Carolina and watched Mid-Atlantic Wrestling on WRAL and attended many house shows as a kid in the late 70's.[/quote]

Well, I hope I can do it justice. I love that old footage. I didnt start watching NWA wrestling til mid 1985.
MidAtlantic wrestling was all but extinct. And being that I live about 5 minutes from Philly, the Philadelphia Civic Center was the place to be once a month on a Saturday night, but by that that time Jim Crockett promotions called it World Wide Wrestling. I always heard about MidAtlantic Wrestling growing up in the wrestling magazines. Up here, when I started watching, it was changed to World Wide Wrestling, which was shown locally in the spring of 1985 on WPHL Channel 17 here in the Philly area.

Incidently, I was on you tube and happened upon arena implosions. As you may or may not know, the Philly Civic Center was imploded a little over 2 years ago. I also witnessed the implosion of the CHARLOTTE COLISEUM...is that the 2nd one that was built? Or was that the origional one that housed all those old televised classics like the final Best of 7 between Mangum and Nikita? Its heartbreaking to see all those old arenas come down...its almost like our childhood went with it. Sobering.

OK Thanks for replying though. My PS3 ate my ps2 saves and I am trying to get everything back. I can't get 100% complete now because of the psp jake hack. So I am just trying to ask everyone to post a save in .psv format. If you find any posts of .psv please post the link in this forum.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived