*Admins* I'm quite offended by what has been said

[url="http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=290750"]http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=290750[/url]

Post #3 It's Jesus Christ at the end, I am Christian and The name has been used out of contex and when I read that I felt honestly a bit offended.

Could an Admin or someone do something about it.

[quote name='-.InFerNo'-' post='5520413' date='Dec 31 2008, 05:18 PM']Are you serious? Do you just want attention or something? No offense, but if everyone bitched about something a little offensive we'd all be mods.

I think you're blowing this completely out of proportion.[/quote]

I totally agree....and for one you sig is Blasphemous!!! :D I too am now offended....cause Evan Bourne is God not AJ Styles....damn!

[quote name='stlrokr' post='5520467' date='Dec 31 2008, 02:26 PM'][quote name='-.InFerNo'-' post='5520413' date='Dec 31 2008, 05:18 PM']Are you serious? Do you just want attention or something? No offense, but if everyone bitched about something a little offensive we'd all be mods.

I totally agree....and for one you sig is Blasphemous!!! :D I too am now offended....cause Evan Bourne is God not AJ Styles....damn!
[/quote]
Oh, HELL no.

Right here is the problem: The post seems rather heated and such and in context the use of Jesus Christ can easily be offensive to some folks because those folks might feel it's wrong based on their believes to toss the name around as done above because it is viewed by their proception as using it invane and such. that my friends is where the issue lies here in my honest opinion.

I understand, but all he said was "Jesus christ" which is very commonly used today, even if they don't believe in him. So I understand that you would be offended, but to report it? Chances are that guy will never come back anyway. There are bigger fish to fry, like server lag.

You can ignore him or something, but reporting it is going overboard.

[quote name='-.InFerNo'-' post='5520475' date='Dec 31 2008, 10:27 PM'][quote name='stlrokr' post='5520467' date='Dec 31 2008, 02:26 PM'][quote name='-.InFerNo'-' post='5520413' date='Dec 31 2008, 05:18 PM']Are you serious? Do you just want attention or something? No offense, but if everyone bitched about something a little offensive we'd all be mods.

[/quote]
Oh, HELL no.
[/quote]
facepalm.

[quote name='*Self Made*' post='5521201' date='Dec 31 2008, 07:46 PM']Hmm whos Jesus Christ ?[/quote]lawl

Your taking this out of proportion...I mean, imagine if every time somebody got offended they reported it to the Admins. This Forum would be FLOODED.

Just ignore it, it's one post.

[quote name='Basil Karlo' post='5522154' date='Dec 31 2008, 11:16 PM']There is enough uneccesary political correctness in the world as it is without it plagueing internet forums. [b]If you are going to report anyone for being offensive it should be that guy with *censored*er for his username.[/b][/quote]
Too bad I had the name before and had an Admin(and several other G-Mods) say it was okay.=/ It's referencing South Park, and it didn't even stand for *censored*ers in the scene it was used in...

[quote name='N_gger' post='5522167' date='Jan 1 2009, 04:20 AM'][quote name='Basil Karlo' post='5522154' date='Dec 31 2008, 11:16 PM']There is enough uneccesary political correctness in the world as it is without it plagueing internet forums. [b]If you are going to report anyone for being offensive it should be that guy with *censored*er for his username.[/b][/quote]
Too bad I had the name before and had an Admin(and several other G-Mods) say it was okay.=/ It's referencing South Park, and it didn't even stand for *censored*ers in the scene it was used in...
[/quote]

In that case I apologise.

Of all the things to be offended by on the Internet, you pick a little one off comment? Besides aren't we supposed to be like religiously neutral or something? (like not to give special treatment to a certain group)

Here's something for the original poster, it's one of my favorite jokes, from The Crow:

Jesus Christ walks up to an innkeeper. He hands him three nails and says, "Can you put me up for the night?"

Get over yourself, bud. Jesus don't care about no internetz. Bill Cosby, on the other hand...

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/chupacabra24/cosbysezno.gif[/img]

Archived